Things that suck, and not in a good way.

The plane that crash landed last night was my outbound flight this morning, I'm glad everyone is ok but being in airport limbo sucks....

I'm sure I speak for all saying we're all glad you are OK Emily :-)

And that the injuries sustained by some passengers wasn't life threatening

No fatalities, in what could have been a disaster a blessing

Limbo sucks, but it could have been worse

RG

• Like 2

today is my birthday and all 4 kids of mine forgot again. its not like they are young ones. 25. 23, 17 and 15.

my 17 year old daughter who lives with me I let it slip it was my birthday so she said she was sorry and wished me a happy birthday from behind her bedroom door when I told her good night.

at 9 tonight I got a facebook message from my 25 year old son to say happy birthday. I guess its nice he took the time to message. A phone call would have been nice.

Not one of them did a darn thing to try to make my day special or show they care.

• Like 6

Last year, my landlord answered one of my ads. He used the same email address he uses for everything else, so I knew who he was, right away. I was just honest and said it was too close for comfort, same as I do for all the guys in my own town. Around that time, we were planning to move out of the house that we'd previously rented from him, but which his ex had taken from him in court after their split. He was very keen to have us move into another of his premises, despite now being fully aware of what I do. (He insists that he had no inkling prior, and I believe that, as I'm ultra discreet.)

We did move into our old landlord's other place, but it's not the same as renting from him before. He seems determined to gouge us on the rent, charging us a much higher rate than he previously charged for this apartment, and nearly as much as he does for his other place, which is a better apartment.

It really sucks the way people suddenly get dollar signs in their eyes when they find out what we do. It also sucks that they suddenly get the attitude that we have no rights under the law (like the landlord/tenant act, for example) because of it. They're going to get a big surprise on that last point!

But it's especially hurtful when the person behaving this way is a customer. Of course, he insists he's not. He just happened to see my ad and responded to it, for, you know, no real reason. Uh huh.

• Like 3

Guest N***he**Ont**y

Its trivial I know but lost another fish while I was out buying more fish for my new project. Lost 1 Black Molly and I bought 4 more.So survival of the fittest I know but the $$$ spent. No more fish purchases for awhile!

Three laptops in 2+yrs (A Dell, Mac and a Sony)! Are you kidding me???? Give me a break, I really didn't need this headache right now....

My Sony was the last to finally die and the warranty is up so here I am on the hunt for a new one once again and I was so not prepared for this BS, so for now I have one on lend from a friend. What next??

• Like 1

Had my staples removed yesterday morning. CLSC nurse said a portion of the incision margins didn't look just right so she used steri-strips to help until it got better.

About six in the evening I felt way too much liquid in my lap. On inspection, found a small tear in my incision had opened and was acting as a drain. Not a doctor, but pretty sure this isn't good.

On the advice of Info-Sante, went to the ER. Doc on call was impressed with the McGyver-esque arrangement I'd assembled to keep my insides in. Declared it to be okay enough to get me through the night and said to see my doc in the morning.

Just got back from seeing him. All is okay. Keep the site dry. Pick up nothing heavier that 5 (five) pounds. Have a nice life.

Which I will do. But I gotta say there was a moment in there that scared the bejeebers out of me!!

• Like 6

Fire department knocked on my door...no, no fire.

But there is break in the water main so no drinking water for 48 hours and they want residents of town to conserve their water use

RG

Set my alarm for 6 am which is super early for me. Woke up at 5:30 am. No point in going back to sleep. Even the dogs stayed in bed.

My alarm clock, a furry feline one LOL woke me up at 4am today. So now I'm up and he went back to sleep, and snoring to boot

Second day in a row he's done that

RG

• Like 1

Thinking someone in need was a friend to discover they had ulterior motives, and was just a way to get information and finances from you.

Very upsetting, and this Lady wont be too quick to giving a helping hand to anyone again. I got suckered I guess.

• Like 1

Thinking someone in need was a friend to discover they had ulterior motives, and was just a way to get information and finances from you.

Very upsetting, and this Lady wont be too quick to giving a helping hand to anyone again. I got suckered I guess.

When we reach out and extend help to people we trust we run the risk that they will take advantage of that friendship... when they do it can sting but I still think we are better people because of our willingness to be there for someone else... we can't control what they do just what type of person we are.

Sorry you had that experience.

Sent from my Passport using Tapatalk

• Like 1

When we reach out and extend help to people we trust we run the risk that they will take advantage of that friendship... when they do it can sting but I still think we are better people because of our willingness to be there for someone else... we can't control what they do just what type of person we are.

Sorry you had that experience.

This is true, and If I did not help I would not be me.

However I will become very selective to I help in the future. I will reserve that to the people I already love and trust rather than letting a stranger walk into my life and asking for help. I should have known, cause what kind of person asks someone you JUST met for a bus ticket, or cell phone minutes and so on, ...duh!!

There is a reason some people cant help themselves.

This is true, and If I did not help I would not be me.

However I will become very selective to I help in the future. I will reserve that to the people I already love and trust rather than letting a stranger walk into my life and asking for help. I should have known, cause what kind of person asks someone you JUST met for a bus ticket, or cell phone minutes and so on, ...duh!!

There is a reason some people cant help themselves.

Just tells me you are a good person... Karma will look after them

• Like 1

As if being awakened too early today by my fury feline alarm clock wasn't enough...just went out for groceries, it's +1 and snowing WTF!!!

RG

Waking up to an email from someone's wife....(and someone I have not even met) FFS learn to lock your phones and be smarter with your passwords....

• Like 3

Waking up to an email from someone's wife....(and someone I have not even met) FFS learn to lock your phones and be smarter with your passwords....

I agree! This is why I will never send someone a location address by text. Had someone's wife spewing obscenities at me the other morning when their significant other was texting at 2 am which I never responded to in the first place. Some people are stupid and careless. I laugh when the wives try to blame us. Lol

Posted via Mobile Device

• Like 3

This morning got up went to make my coffee. The Keurig sputter and belched out a 1/2 cup of coffee

WTF!!!...well I drank the coffee first. Then checked what was wrong. Took a paperclip to unplug any areas which might be plugged, and then using vinegar scaled it. Tried to brew another cup, just sputtering, and what little coffee (like drops) ice cold. Then tried again, pump made a funny sound and died, and the screen display died

My Keurig Died and it was past warranty

That sucked

RG

Guest N***he**Ont**y

I came home to discover that two of my Black Molly fish had been killed by the Brazillan Tetras in my fish tank.

Edited by N***he**Ont**y
Second fish died after posting

Still on boil water advisory. Said it would be lifted by Wednesday...now it looks like it won't be the weekend before the boil water advisory lifted

The joys of living in smalltown Ontario

RG

• Like 1

Got time to play and fun money since January piling up but still can't get over the possibility of getting caught up in the new law.

• Like 2

Finding out that someone you THOUGHT was a friend, is not a friend at all!!

Finding out from others that they played the same game with others to just get ahead:(

Even sucks more that I knew nothing about it, it was brought to my attention! wow, talk about rose colored glasses! hahaha

Sucks to trust sometimes:(

Additional Comments:

Thanks everyone!

So nice to have community isn't? I feel so much more loved and like a tight community knowing that we all support one another when things go wrong! So many of us here have supported one another for years, it is comforting to say the least!

Things that DON'T suck...lol...xo

• Like 4

Desperately needing an antihistamine at 1am, and there's none in the house. Spring really isn't my favourite season.

• Like 2

Guest N***he**Ont**y

Came home from work and puppy left me a gift . A pile of !@#@!!! on the rug!