Things that suck, and not in a good way.

Went to my other house that sits empty until the next long weekend. What do I find? Wasps flying around and dead ones on the floor. I suspect they got through the vent from outside, made a nest and went through the other vent in the house. I killed 29 wasps in a 3 hour period with a can of raid. F***K!!!!! Had to call an exterminator but that's not going to happen today... Still killing them!

You don't need to kill them. Just open the doors, maybe take the screens out of a couple windows in the warmer part of the day, and they will leave. Close everything up when it starts getting cooler. If they can't get back in to the nest, they'll build another somewhere else.

Wasps are pollinators. And they're generally harmless unless you accidentally sit on one or threaten them. They want to be outside during the day. Let them go!

• Like 1

Good news: fracture is healing well. Bad news: still have to wear a cast for the next 4 weeks.

• Like 2

Two brutal, ugly scratches with some broken skin and a bruise down the front of one thigh. Had to break up a dog fight. Ugh.

• Like 1

Guest realnicehat

Finding out Luxe is in my town for one night only and not being able to see her due to a shitty summer cold :(

Smoke detector is chirping and I am unable to stand on a chair to remove it from the ceiling to change the battery.

I'll just have to wait for my helpful neighbour to get home.

In the meantime, it's annoying as hell.

• Like 1

Guest webothscore

Ouch, I guess your aircast and other leg can't stand on chair for a few secs? I would totally hook you up if I was in Orleans at moment...

Was removing long sheer curtains before someone else moves into my house and carrying them down the stairs and suddenly slipping on them and falling on my ass. My first intial reaction was to start crying because of shock...and worse...crying in front of a total stranger who was moving a deep freezer for me.

• Like 1

This will be the third night. I swear I'll catch that bastard. I got a damn cricket chirping constantly, I think he got in by the window but I can't find the bugger.

This will be the third night. I swear I'll catch that bastard. I got a damn cricket chirping constantly, I think he got in by the window but I can't find the bugger.

Is it a snowy cricket or the common field cricket?

You can tell by the chirping......and if you are not sure how to tell the difference or how to catch it.....you need to watch " The Big Bang Theory"

Posted via Mobile Device

• Like 1

Was removing long sheer curtains before someone else moves into my house and carrying them down the stairs and suddenly slipping on them and falling on my ass. My first intial reaction was to start crying because of shock...and worse...crying in front of a total stranger who was moving a deep freezer for me.

Hey it's not a terrible thing to cry if you hurt your bum. On the other hand if a dude blats in front of a stranger that's totally unmanly. Sorry, I guess I'm very old school!

Hired a contractor to do a fairly straightforward renovation project. Nothing to difficult. Said it would be done in 5 weeks. I thought it probably could have been sooner but at least I thought he was giving himself some wiggle room.

Probably the worst project management I have ever seen - and I work for the government !!! Stupid and lazy decisions at the start of the project added some big delays but the contractor said he would be able to catch up.

Guess what he didn't. It's now week six and things don't look to great to get into my house soon. He is still running things like he is on schedule when he should have been going through "cover my ass" schedule. I finally had to point out to him if he simply did things our of order my kitchen and the powder room would be done and I would at least be able to live at my place rather than living like a gypsy house sitting for various friends who are on holidays. Definitely at the end of this will be a discussion about the project management fees.

• Like 1

Guest ***nno**n***

I am still doing laundry and I have an early start tomorrow.

:-(

Hired a contractor to do a fairly straightforward renovation project. Nothing to difficult. Said it would be done in 5 weeks. I thought it probably could have been sooner but at least I thought he was giving himself some wiggle room.

Probably the worst project management I have ever seen - and I work for the government !!! Stupid and lazy decisions at the start of the project added some big delays but the contractor said he would be able to catch up.

Guess what he didn't. It's now week six and things don't look to great to get into my house soon. He is still running things like he is on schedule when he should have been going through "cover my ass" schedule. I finally had to point out to him if he simply did things our of order my kitchen and the powder room would be done and I would at least be able to live at my place rather than living like a gypsy house sitting for various friends who are on holidays. Definitely at the end of this will be a discussion about the project management fees.

Total sympathy and empathy. Had two different outfits doing jobs on two properties this summer. Two young lads did an amazing job on one, but the other was an experienced so called pro contractor who started a two week job in March and the fucking asshole just finished up last week and I must say the work was hardly acceptable.

Guest webothscore

Some of my cerbie friends were attacked in writing on another thread :( :( but they are strong :)

Getting sick JUST when Malika is about to come to town! :( :( :(

Posted via Mobile Device

Not trying to defend him but as a general contractor time management can get really messed up if one subcontractor or designer/engineer mess up or forget something. Granted I do mostly comercial so jobs are bigger and plan are usually more complex but this can happen easily. Although often certain clients like government have a set date and if not met there is a penalty to the Payment unless I can prove that it wasn't in my control and cause by their overlooking something. This is something that should be applied to residential contracts so that such things like you describe don't happen. Make sure to hold last payment until everything is 100% complete.

Not trying to defend him but as a general contractor time management can get really messed up if one subcontractor or designer/engineer mess up or forget something. Granted I do mostly comercial so jobs are bigger and plan are usually more complex but this can happen easily. Although often certain clients like government have a set date and if not met there is a penalty to the Payment unless I can prove that it wasn't in my control and cause by their overlooking something. This is something that should be applied to residential contracts so that such things like you describe don't happen. Make sure to hold last payment until everything is 100% complete.

Thanks for the comment. I actually was mentally prepared for stuff to come up since the house is almost 80 years old. Luckily, whoever did the renos in the pass did things pretty well. No weird things a few things we had to update due to changes in building codes. No the big problem was not planning before the project started the big issue was not testing for asbestos until two days before the project was to begin. I asked them repeatedly to the test early - after all it is an 80 year old house. Of course it would test positive and then they had to find an asbestos abatement company on short notice. The probably lost 2 weeks on the bad move alone.

A few yesterday:

Getting the last container of my favourite salsa, then when opening it at home, having it all spill on the floor and then having to clean it up because I was home alone.

Happy to discover I found some shoes I had thought I had lost, but only found one of the pair.

Putting out the recycables and dropping the box and having to pick up everything that fell out while hobbling on my cast and neighbours kids giggling.

• Like 1

Guest realnicehat

Finding out Cat is in town and still having the same shitty summer cold I had 9 days ago.......

I can never keep this straight so I'm asking the ladies for help: Phlegm - attractive or unattractive? ;)