Jump to content

Recommended Posts

On 5/26/2020 at 6:35 PM, grizzlybear said:

I am going to preface this response that I never have and would never divulge a ladies location. I have scruples and enjoy meeting ladies and respect their privacy. Unfortunately, you ladies have no rights as to privacy in this industry. We would like to think that there's an understanding of discrecion in this business but that is not written in law. Most of us clients would like to think that discretion is paramount, as would most providers. The truth is, if you invite someone into your private space, you invite your address being broadcasted and you have no recourse legally or otherwise. I agree that this action is deplorable, but the fact is it's a risk of doing business. Most of us clients have less than the church mandated  morals or we won't be seeing escorts . Why would we subscribe to the unwritten rule about escort discretion? 

As a person who partakes in this hobby semi-frequently I have a few concerns here... 
 

Firstly I think the idea that myself or others who visit SPs are less ‘moral’ is hilarious. ‘Church mandated morals’? Is the only reason you dont do something is because god won’t like it? How very turn of the century of you! 
Personally I don’t share the personal details of the escorts I see because I try not to be a massive creep? But that’s just me. I do see escorts sometimes, so I clearly lack any/all moral code 😉 

You say that that you enjoy seeing these women, but based on your response it’s clear you don’t see them as individuals but rather as workers or providers of a service for you — which has a whole bunch of issues within itself. I don’t particularly care for the idea of somebody ‘white knighting’ but this is a bit much.
 

It also puts everyone who has seen the same person who would share this information at risk. Example: I see an SPs, we have a great time and I continue on enjoying life. The same SP sees a client who shares her information with somebody on Lyla who attacks, harms of threatens the SP (which unfortunately does happen). As an SP, you would imagine they should go to the police, correct? Well when they’re asked questions, an investigation understandably could swing to looking at the people who have been there/know of the location. Even if you don’t care about the safety of these women, which you should atleast understand that them being safe impacts you as well. 
 

The fact of the matter is that these women have an insane amount of power over us, And this rather fragile ecosystem is entirely built on trust and accountability. I don’t have a wife, but my career would entirely be compromised if an SP whom I’ve seen told them. I actually saw MsManda in public, and she was entirely respectful of the dynamic and didn’t ‘out’ me to people around. Does she have a legal requirement to do this? No. Does she have to respect my privacy? No. But is respecting this dynamic exactly one of the reasons she is one the most respected SPs in Halifax? Absolutely.

TL;DR If you think these women don’t deserve to have their privacy respected, you’re a piece of shit but that’s your right. Understand though that no provider should see a person who feels this way as to respect the dynamic and trust they have with other providers, clients, and most important themselves. 

  • Like 4
  • Thanks 3

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

5/26/2020 at 5:35 PM, grizzlybear said:"...  if you invite someone into your private space, you invite your address being broadcasted and you have no recourse legally or otherwise."

In this business nobody 'invites' their address to be broadcast, Clients and SW's alike: these activities deserve and demand respect. Sex work just slightly increases the risk both ways, though I believe it's greater for providers. And there is recourse, both legal and otherwise. SarahAlexxx's comment above made me spray my computer screen with coffee, lol!

  • Like 1
  • Haha 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
3 hours ago, waterat said:

5/26/2020 at 5:35 PM, grizzlybear said:"...  if you invite someone into your private space, you invite your address being broadcasted and you have no recourse legally or otherwise."

In this business nobody 'invites' their address to be broadcast, Clients and SW's alike: these activities deserve and demand respect. Sex work just slightly increases the risk both ways, though I believe it's greater for providers. And there is recourse, both legal and otherwise. SarahAlexxx's comment above made me spray my computer screen with coffee, lol!

So sorry about that. 

 

Let me make that up to you with a kiss. xoxox

Edited by SarahAlexxx
^ insert sarcasm voice here
  • Like 2

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
On 5/29/2020 at 8:08 PM, SarahAlexxx said:

So sorry about that. 

 

Let me make that up to you with a kiss. xoxox

Apology NOT accepted! A computer screen is easily cleaned and I want you you to keep making me laugh! No apology needed, lol.

A kiss, however, is treasured.

XO

  • Haha 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
On 5/23/2020 at 8:01 AM, MelanieRose said:

Hi there!

 

Something was brought to my attention recently and I wanted to bring it up as it happened on here. A few months ago I was going to meet with somebody and gave them a very broad location (The city I'm in), and when it came to giving them a more detailed location they already knew exactly where I was and said they knew from somebody on Lyla. This was concerning for me as they knew my exact street and it's not like I'm on a long street like Yonge st in Toronto that seems to go on forever, and plus the reason I gave them a very broad location was because I wasn't too sure about meeting this person.

 

  If another hobbyist messages asking where someones location is it would be really nice if you could direct them to the provider to get that information. A lot of people think Lyla is exclusive but in reality anybody with a computer or smart phone can sign up. I like to feel people out and screen before I give anyone my address and would really appreciate it if clients would respect mine and others discretion and not give out specific locations. I know most already understand and respect this but I thought it should be something to note incase people don't realize.

 

Thank you for understanding,

Melanie 💕

Omg girl! I am so sorry that this has happened to you! That is absolutely freaking ridiculous,  SO NOT OKAY! Like discretion is one of the the utmost number one rules about being in this industry. That is a safety concern, not only if you in fact didn't want to see this gentleman but it is one thing to get a great review from a client(s) but for the gentlemen who gave your personal info out to another guy, is not only an invasion of privacy but also how would they feel if you went on a outcall and then informed another woman a specific area or exactly where a potential client lives and if the client didn't want to book her, there would be an outrage of negative comments and reviews about the female. I would be super pissed if that happened to me , which it has a couple of times in the past...I'm really sorry that this has happened to you!! I strongly hope that clients can understand that our privacy is just as important as theirs!

 

Sincerely, 

Arianna Baby 

  • Like 5

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
On 5/26/2020 at 5:57 PM, beesh said:

 

I am sorry Sir, but I have to disagree. What is moral, is Moral, irrespective of Church mandate.

Imagine if you had a close lady friend/ sister, running away from an abusive/violent husband or partner -

would you have liked if her location was broadcasted ? Would you not have wanted to minimize her risk?

I see no difference in the aforesaid, and the companions' situation.

Reducing risk, is the moral thing to do, specifically when there is no legal recourse.

 

And this is hurtful.

In my experience (& those around me), I have found companion-lover relation often way more honest than many 'regular' relation.

If honesty does not constitute being moral, then I don't know what is.

 

You're comparing a sw's choice to a raped teenager? I'm saying that if you're going to be a sw, that's a risk in the business. I'm not saying it's right, but guess what. There are deviants who partake in this industry who have no moral code, church or otherwise. My comparison is only that this idustry is frowned upon by "religious" moral code. I will also emphasize that I don't agree with the stigma this industry has endured. I'm just stating that our society still hasn't embraced this industry and therefore, unfornutally, our lovelly ladies can't expect respect from clients or the legal society. It is unfortunate, as to the few ladies who confide in me what happens day to day, that they get treated in such derogaratory manners. The fact is, there is no law as to how treat a lady in the sw industry, just how there is no law as to how a sw treats a client. I will tell you, as a long time hobbier, I alwys treat a lady with the utmost respect, my only purpose to this post is to point out that there is no standard as to how we treat each other. Just as us gentleman would like to think we always treat ladies with respect, there have been times that I have been treated with disrespect by potential providers. Believe it or not, there are bitches out there trying to make a buck.

Edited by grizzlybear

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
15 hours ago, grizzlybear said:

You're comparing a sw's choice to a raped teenager? I'm saying that if you're going to be a sw, that's a risk in the business. I'm not saying it's right, but guess what. There are deviants who partake in this industry who have no moral code, church or otherwise. My comparison is only that this idustry is frowned upon by "religious" moral code. I will also emphasize that I don't agree with the stigma this industry has endured. I'm just stating that our society still hasn't embraced this industry and therefore, unfornutally, our lovelly ladies can't expect respect from clients or the legal society. It is unfortunate, as to the few ladies who confide in me what happens day to day, that they get treated in such derogaratory manners. The fact is, there is no law as to how treat a lady in the sw industry, just how there is no law as to how a sw treats a client. I will tell you, as a long time hobbier, I alwys treat a lady with the utmost respect, my only purpose to this post is to point out that there is no standard as to how we treat each other. Just as us gentleman would like to think we always treat ladies with respect, there have been times that I have been treated with disrespect by potential providers. Believe it or not, there are bitches out there trying to make a buck.

You say you treat ladies with respect but then post that ladies don't deserve respect In your other post. 

 

i disagree that there is not a standard. There is. Many people follow the inner code of industry. Some don't. Just like any other industry. Just like there are some good cops and some bad ones. 
 

But there is the unwritten rules of the game and this person broke those rules. Breaking the rules leads to accountability and that person can be held accountable by being blacklisted. 
 

It all comes full circle. 

  • Like 3

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
On 6/5/2020 at 5:08 PM, grizzlybear said:

 our society still hasn't embraced this industry...

 

Hmm... that's arguable... a society has segments, and its more precise to say that some segments do, some don't... 

On 6/5/2020 at 5:08 PM, grizzlybear said:

and therefore, unfortunately, our lovely ladies can't expect respect from clients

that's fallacy... it (again) confuses risks carefully chosen with judgement pronounced. The statement also neglects to account that it is 1) generally reasonable and legal for anyone to make a demand as a pre-condition of doing business, and 2) it is generally reasonable and legal for a segment of society to require certain behavior as condition for membership.

 

Rationale / examples for each:

1) Businesses can place conditions on doing business. Example: It is true that there are many shoeless people on the street in beach towns. It is also reasonable for a business to post "no shoes no shirt no service" and enforce that. Businesses can do that despite the fact that there is often no law requiring shoes. How is an SP or client demanding respect different? They can and do post and enforce. This isn't abstract, this happens. Saying otherwise is denying the law and the practical reality of how it is applied.

 

 

2) Segments of society can and do remove members when they fail to adhere to norms of that segment. For example, there are church denominations (segments) that view dancing or alcohol as a sin, and they can and do eject non-adherents. That is also legal. Similarly established SPs and clients form a segment of society, and have norms. They can and do eject (ban) members that do not adhere to respectful behavior. There are boards on lyla set up specifically to facilitate this. I personally, am grateful that Lyla's mods work so hard to enforce this... and that they can and do ban members that don't live up to the Lyla standards. Similarly, SPs can and do decide who they want to see as well.

 

-cbs

 

Edited by clearbluesky15
  • Like 1
  • Thanks 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
1 hour ago, clearbluesky15 said:

 

Hmm... that's arguable... a society has segments, and its more precise to say that some segments do, some don't... 

that's fallacy... it (again) confuses risks carefully chosen with judgement pronounced. The statement also neglects to account that it is 1) generally reasonable and legal for anyone to make a demand as a pre-condition of doing business, and 2) it is generally reasonable and legal for a segment of society to require certain behavior as condition for membership.

 

Rationale / examples for each:

1) Businesses can place conditions on doing business. Example: It is true that there are many shoeless people on the street in beach towns. It is also reasonable for a business to post "no shoes no shirt no service" and enforce that. Businesses can do that despite the fact that there is often no law requiring shoes. How is an SP or client demanding respect different? They can and do post and enforce. This isn't abstract, this happens. Saying otherwise is denying the law and the practical reality of how it is applied.

 

 

2) Segments of society can and do remove members when they fail to adhere to norms of that segment. For example, there are church denominations (segments) that view dancing or alcohol as a sin, and they can and do eject non-adherents. That is also legal. Similarly established SPs and clients form a segment of society, and have norms. They can and do eject (ban) members that do not adhere to respectful behavior. There are boards on lyla set up specifically to facilitate this. I personally, am grateful that Lyla's mods work so hard to enforce this... and that they can and do ban members that don't live up to the Lyla standards. Similarly, SPs can and do decide who they want to see as well.

 

-cbs

 

Thanks for always having our backs. ♡

  • Like 4

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Unfortunately I have been doxed too... Since today is the second day of someone pretending to live in my condo and telling other girls the buzzer and having them come up to my unit (very scary 😞 ) I want to warn girls but I think the best thing to do is just change my buzzer.

  • Like 3

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
7 hours ago, shantayrosee said:

Unfortunately I have been doxed too... Since today is the second day of someone pretending to live in my condo and telling other girls the buzzer and having them come up to my unit (very scary 😞 ) I want to warn girls but I think the best thing to do is just change my buzzer.

I just had my main email log me out and fill out an account recovery. I wonder whats going on. 

  • Like 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
6 hours ago, SarahAlexxx said:

I just had my main email log me out and fill out an account recovery. I wonder whats going on. 

Hard to tell from that... sometimes the big players (gmail.ca, hotmail/O365, etc.) will see a pattern of login attempts, and ask for a password reset, or see that someone logged in from different geographic areas ("impossible movement") which I sometimes trigger with a VPN. Or sometimes a specific breach, or a general one... 

I find this is a general service that can tell me if I have been the subject of a general breach: https://haveibeenpwned.com/

And Lastpass helps me keep my passwords strong and new, and monitors for published breaches.

 

Hope that helps,

-cbs

  • Like 2
  • Thanks 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
6 hours ago, SarahAlexxx said:

I just had my main email log me out and fill out an account recovery. I wonder whats going on. 

  To echo CBS15, it's not unusual. It help having a secondary email linked for recovery purpose and change the password when necessary. One of my Hotmail accounts is almost 25 years old and I stopped counting the amount of times I needed to validate it for security purpose or potentially hacked. That's on top of numerous phishing emails trying to make you log in through questionable links.

   It's not always malicious and acts as a reminder to update your password and be careful to what you click on.

  • Like 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
1 hour ago, Greenteal said:

  To echo CBS15, it's not unusual. It help having a secondary email linked for recovery purpose and change the password when necessary. One of my Hotmail accounts is almost 25 years old and I stopped counting the amount of times I needed to validate it for security purpose or potentially hacked. That's on top of numerous phishing emails trying to make you log in through questionable links.

   It's not always malicious and acts as a reminder to update your password and be careful to what you click on.

 

1 hour ago, clearbluesky15 said:

Hard to tell from that... sometimes the big players (gmail.ca, hotmail/O365, etc.) will see a pattern of login attempts, and ask for a password reset, or see that someone logged in from different geographic areas ("impossible movement") which I sometimes trigger with a VPN. Or sometimes a specific breach, or a general one... 

I find this is a general service that can tell me if I have been the subject of a general breach: https://haveibeenpwned.com/

And Lastpass helps me keep my passwords strong and new, and monitors for published breaches.

 

Hope that helps,

-cbs

 

They said they locked the inbox due to a log in from NFL. I didn't have a VPN on. Time stamped for 7:13am.

  • Like 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
3 minutes ago, SarahAlexxx said:

 

 

They said they locked the inbox due to a log in from NFL. I didn't have a VPN on. Time stamped for 7:13am.

     You can communicate with customer support to get more details. But as mentioned, updating your password should solve the problem for a while.

  • Like 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
On 5/24/2020 at 9:29 AM, Jessica Rain said:


We will have to agree to disagree. Not like having my location can't set me up for blackmail as well. 
 

Give me a street and I can locate anyone. I can then get their name, plate numbers and vehicle information, spouse info, kid info, friends and family, work, etc. It doesn't take much. 
 

Again, it is my private home. But I get that you would put more emphasis on protecting clients over sex workers. That is generally how you feel about clients vrs escorts anyway. 

 

I stand by my post. If that means someone won't see me because of it, good. I want like minded clients anyways and if someone thought my safety is less important then someone who breached my trust like this, then we will not get along anyway. 

You can’t get people’s personal information like plates from an address unless you stake out the place and observe vehicles parked there nor can you obtain an address from a plate - at least not in Ontario.

  • Like 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
2 minutes ago, Greenteal said:

     You can communicate with customer support to get more details. But as mentioned, updating your password should solve the problem for a while.

Not trying to be funny but avoid using your pets name as password because people can remember that and use it to get into your email.

  • Like 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
6 hours ago, Andee said:

You can’t get people’s personal information like plates from an address unless you stake out the place and observe vehicles parked there nor can you obtain an address from a plate - at least not in Ontario.

Which someone could do. 
 

But I have been able to get plate info from having an address. I admit a normal lay person may not be able too. But I was able too. That is all I was saying. 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
On 6/8/2020 at 3:48 PM, SarahAlexxx said:

 

 

They said they locked the inbox due to a log in from NFL. I didn't have a VPN on. Time stamped for 7:13am.

@SarahAlexxx  this can happen if :

- you use your email from different devices (eg laptop, tablet, mobile phone) & especially so, if used simultaneously (ie. your email is 'open' on laptop and mobile, at the same time)

  • sometimes internet in devices transmit different location - if - your mobile's location system (GPS) or PC location - is NOT turned on
  • eg if my mobile's GPS is on, then Leolist by default goes to NB, otherwise it goes to Quebec (because my mobile carrier signals that location to Leolist)

- you use different internet service providers/ISP (eg Wifi/home internet though Bell but mobile internet via Rogers). Again, more so, if using simultaneously.

 

In such cases, emails will log you out. 

 

You must log-in in the privacy setting & adjust accordingly - eg for Google/gmail - https://www.google.com/account/about/privacy-tools/

(Outlook, etc all have such settings)

Edited by beesh

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
2 hours ago, beesh said:

@SarahAlexxx  this can happen if :

- you use your email from different devices (eg laptop, tablet, mobile phone) & especially so, if used simultaneously (ie. your email is 'open' on laptop and mobile, at the same time)

  • sometimes internet in devices transmit different location - if - your mobile's location system (GPS) or PC location - is NOT turned on
  • eg if my mobile's GPS is on, then Leolist by default goes to NB, otherwise it goes to Quebec (because my mobile carrier signals that location to Leolist)

- you use different internet service providers/ISP (eg Wifi/home internet though Bell but mobile internet via Rogers). Again, more so, if using simultaneously.

 

In such cases, emails will log you out. 

 

You must log-in in the privacy setting & adjust accordingly - eg for Google/gmail - https://www.google.com/account/about/privacy-tools/

(Outlook, etc all have such settings)

AHHH! That makes sense. Now that I'm thinking about it... I did have my laptop open that day, so it could have been that. Weird. 

  • Like 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
On 5/25/2020 at 1:32 PM, Rambler1980 said:

I've had people PM me and ask questions about providers. I'll usually answer any questions but the 3 questions I don't answer are:

1) How much does she charge. (Just ask her)
2) Does she do XXX. (Again, just ask her yourself)
3) Where does she work from. 


For #3, when asked I'll give a general area (IE Clayton Park) but I am unsure why people want to know exact addresses.  All three of those questions are asked fairly often.

I've been asked (not on here but elsewhere) those 3. I never, ever give out any of that info. Services and rates are in the ad or on the website or if not, she will tell you. And that is up to the provider's discretion. As for what hotel she is staying at or anything of that nature, major red flag. Don't ever ask and don't ever offer. If anyone asked me, I would immediately report them to admin. 

  • Like 2

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

I never give my apartment number out until I see who at my building entrance. Even then it’s not guaranteed they Will actually make it to my door but more often than not they will but it’s still the unfortunate risk I take which is not pleasant.

  • Like 4

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
Guest Jackrlx9691

This somewhat happened to me , I saw 2 different sp's at different times at the same hotel room ( never let on ...) ...I would NEVER reveal any info especially location to anyone ...not my place to do that ...

 

trust is something that can be earned and Lost ... 

 

J

 

   

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Without trust and common sense this very enjoyable service would not exist.  Both parties, the client and the Service Provider, rely on each other to operate with common sense and not stupidly breach their confidentiality or place their security at risk. 

Releasing confidential information by either party is just unacceptable and anyone who does that should expect repercussions.   

I think every situation deserves its own consideration.   

Bottom line if you are a client keep any information you have about the ladies you see as confidential as you would like her to treat your confidentiality.

Just my Opinion

PS.... have not been around for a while so just catching up on some posts lol.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Join the conversation

You can post now and register later. If you have an account, sign in now to post with your account.
Note: Your post will require moderator approval before it will be visible.

Guest
You are posting as a guest. If you have an account, please sign in.
Reply to this topic...

×   Pasted as rich text.   Paste as plain text instead

  Only 75 emoji are allowed.

×   Your link has been automatically embedded.   Display as a link instead

×   Your previous content has been restored.   Clear editor

×   You cannot paste images directly. Upload or insert images from URL.


×
×
  • Create New...