An Interview With... SarahAlexxx - Being LGBTQ+ in the Industry

Guest lydiahardwood

Our last interview was with the wonderful @Daysha Love on being a WOC in the industry. Thanks Daysha for providing such valuable insight! This time we are interviewing tatted goddess, and all round beautiful soul @SarahAlexxx. Sarah Alexxx is a Pansexual Provider and she is sharing some insight into being in this industry as an LGBTQ+ person. 🏳️‍🌈

Q: Hey Sarah Alexxx! Thanks so much for agreeing to be interviewed for this. You’re one of our most active users on Lyla and I feel like I know you so well already! So, tell me. How did you get into this line of work? 
A: Tbh, as I tell most people... I don't remember a time when I wasn't sexually idolized. I grew up with the worst view on sex and let it control a lot of my life. I used sex as a means of therapy (some may say addiction) for previous mishaps in my life. Because of this, sex work became something I could easily do. I already knew how to control my body, actions, words and situations. Why not add payment? I moved to PEI after separating from my husband and looked into Sugaring. I had a few full time SDs over the 2 years I was there, but only at the end became a FS SW. I moved to Halifax full time March 19th 2019 to continue my SW and start reaching my goals. Its been a lovely experience and I have always felt welcome within the industry's community.

Q: This interview in particular is about being an LGBTQ+ Companion. Can you tell me about your coming out story? 
A: Lol, it came to me in a dream. No joke. Around the age of 10 or 11, I had a dream of this smokin' hot babe sitting on the back of a toilet with her bare feet on either edge of the seat. She had on a fishnet body suit with the crotch ripped open. I knew immediately when I woke up. I had "secret" girlfriends over the next few years following, but nothing ever worth mentioning to anyone. 2008 I met my first crush. We met at a dance I hosted and we knew right away. Entering freshman year, surprise surprise... she was my tour guide. I liked her enough to tell my Dad. Story goes... my parents are I are driving into our local city to do some shopping. I say to Dad, "can I tell her?" Mom goes "tell me what?" ... "Sarah thinks she's gay." "DAD! I'm not gay, I'm pan! I like everyone!" Mom has no real reaction... she just goes, "okay, I guess now that means no sleep overs ever."

Q: When it comes to work, I’m assuming the majority of your Clients are male? Do you get many female Clients?
A: Yes. Mostly male. The odd cross dressers who identify as a female during their time. But I actually don't see women as clients (who actually wants to use a dental dam) because of the pressure to give oral or receive it. There's a lack of protection in my brain. I don't even have interactive duos with my coworkers. 

Q: Do you get many Clients who are couples? If so, what’s the dynamic of that? Are the women normally curious/experimenting? 
A: I have many offers. But I always say no. Not something I offer. 

Q: I’m bisexual myself so I’m really intrigued to see what you think about this one… I see a lot of Providers listing themselves as bisexual, do you think they often feel pressured to put that to appeal to men?
A: I didn't put it as a means of marketing. I just prefer to be completely transparent with my clients. They know I have a full time, female partner. So I couldn't pull off straight even if I tried. 

Q: Do you feel like your sexual orientation gets overly sexualised?
A: Personally, no. But I do find that men tend to assume my girlfriend is up for grabs too. Which, I do find very rude and disrespectful. 

Q: What issues do LGBTQ+ Providers face that straight Providers may not?
A: I'm never one to label or categorize, so I can't say that any problems I personally have, are any different than the next cishet folk. But, I do know that most of the clients range in age and that can sometimes add to anxiety. The older generation didn't grow up with all the labels and pressure of being politically correct, so they tend to just be ignorant and close minded. 

Q: What LGBTQ+ people/charities do you recommend following/listening to?
A:I'm not up to speed on all that stuff, as I've never been a huge active member in the community, other than just locally.

Q: What advice would you give to LGBTQ+ sex workers/someone thinking of becoming a sex worker?
A: Do your research. Know your body and your limits. Don't be scared to say something. Stick up for yourself. Be forgiving. But never ever ever feel alone, someone is always there for you to reach out to. Stay open minded, stay positive, and spread the love! Never set your standards lower than your heels. 😉

Thank you for shedding some light on your experiences, Sarah Alexxx. You're amazing ❤️ 

image.png.8e32a73f9a7ee909fcd65e1e3b106922.png

@lydiahardwood @sarah 

thank you so much for this post! I love inclusion and diversity in our community! It’s fantastic! I’m excited to read the next one 😍

That was another great interview, thank you Lydia for bringing more insight on our lovely providers on Lyla and thank you Sarah for being so open about your life.

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1

2 hours ago, melaniee said:

Hey babes. I want to talk dirty with someone. Write me here v.ht/bestdatingca. My profile @beautygirl69

@melaniee May I suggest putting this in the online schedule or local schedule board as oppose to spamming threads all over the place. Not cool. 

• Like 2
  • Thanks 2

Guest lydiahardwood
11 hours ago, StephanieMystique said:

@melaniee May I suggest putting this in the online schedule or local schedule board as oppose to spamming threads all over the place. Not cool. 

Imagine spamming on a thread like this that's trying to raise awareness and do some good 🙄

Account has been banned. 

I just imagined this interview with her voice 💕 She’s just a terrific woman, and I can’t wait to hang out again. 
@SarahAlexxx

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1

Thank you for hosting this interview Lydia👍. It was insightful and inspiring. I am an LGBTQ MtoF Bi CD Drag Queen sex worker, I'm fairly new to the industry and I love what I do. I find all the ladies I work with to be very accepting, supportive and friendly, but I have run into some roadblocks myself with some friends and some clients. I am accepting, non judgmental and very open and honest with everyone I know and meet. Most of the people I know and meet are accepting respectfull and supportive but there are those that degrade and disrespect me in a rude manner. I keep a good positive attitude though, most of the time, but I am determined to succeed - with a little help from my friends. Keep up the good work and always be proud and accepting of yourself and all others. Even if they're rude. Love and acceptance will win the day! Good luck Sarah, you have all my support and good wishes. 

• Like 2

Guest lydiahardwood
3 hours ago, Deanna Delight said:

Thank you for hosting this interview Lydia👍. It was insightful and inspiring. I am an LGBTQ MtoF Bi CD Drag Queen sex worker, I'm fairly new to the industry and I love what I do. I find all the ladies I work with to be very accepting, supportive and friendly, but I have run into some roadblocks myself with some friends and some clients. I am accepting, non judgmental and very open and honest with everyone I know and meet. Most of the people I know and meet are accepting respectfull and supportive but there are those that degrade and disrespect me in a rude manner. I keep a good positive attitude though, most of the time, but I am determined to succeed - with a little help from my friends. Keep up the good work and always be proud and accepting of yourself and all others. Even if they're rude. Love and acceptance will win the day! Good luck Sarah, you have all my support and good wishes. 

So glad you have found solidarity in the community - it's one thing that always impresses me about this industry, everyone is so supportive of each other. Sorry you've faced disrespect, it's amazing that you keep positive and don't let it knock you down ❤️ if you are interested in doing an interview let me know, you sound like a fascinating lady!

Thank you Lydia I would love to do an interview with you. Unfortunately I am just about to get ready for work now. I will message you when I have time to sit down for the interview. My best time for an interview is in the mornings Mountain time. I work 6 nights a week with Friday being my only day off. Yes everyone in the industry have been very supportive and I love them and thank them all for the support. Now I just have to entice some clients to come into my Spa and request me as their service provider lol.

Have a great day Lydia and will chat with you soon.

Deanna Delight in Edmonton AB

Edited by Deanna Delight
Just wanting to be notified of replys. I forgot to click on that
  • Thanks 1