Help me clear up "new members" who aren't actually new members

Guest lydiahardwood

Hey Lyla loves ❤️ 

I'm requesting your help, again! @waterat rightly mentioned in a thread that there are members on here that have **NEW ACCOUNT** (Moderated Member) under their username despite not being a new or moderated member.

If this applies to you, or you've noticed an account or two that have this, please can you comment on this thread so I can fix it? Annoyingly it's a manual fix but with your help we should be able to get rid of most of them. 🙂

Thanks in advance and sending lots of love!

Lydia 

6 hours ago, lydiahardwood said:

despite not being a new or moderated member.

Annoyingly it's a manual fix but with your help we should be able to get rid of most of them. 🙂

To be clear the terms new/moderated member are no longer pertinent and should simply be eliminated.

@lydiahardwoodThis is an annoying fix as all the excellent work you've done to rebuild the community and board mean moderation and monitoring are impossible..... and now I've gone and contributed to creating another task to distract you from more important contributions 😞

So here's one to correct: he helped me out with a comment on a thread I was interested in and when I checked his username and profile realized he had been on here longer than me, despite at the time having only about 15 posts - @newfy

His name leads me to share another suggestion for many members that they can do on their own. Include the general location or nearest larger city as your location. This can help folks make suggestions for you if you're after information. It's usually pretty easy to determine 'where' ones interests are by simply glancing through previous posts and reactions in someone's content listing but this makes it easier and thus more helpful to you and others.

• Like 1

10 hours ago, lydiahardwood said:

Thank you @Waterat, you're a dream!

I wish it were a wet one.... but I'm fearful I've just sent more work your way and no pleasure. "All work and no play makes Lydia......."

OK, I'll settle for not being a nightmare :)

Guest lydiahardwood
14 hours ago, waterat said:

I wish it were a wet one.... but I'm fearful I've just sent more work your way and no pleasure. "All work and no play makes Lydia......."

OK, I'll settle for not being a nightmare 🙂

It's ALWAYS a pleasure with you, handsome 😉

Guest lydiahardwood

If there's anyone who has noticed this title on their account, please comment on here so I can fix it for you! 🙂

Hello Lydia. I'm not sure what I am here. It said New Member for a long time but with only 35 posts i am not any kind of Elite member by any means. I started here in 2010 but only started posting some 8 years later. Does that make me a regular member or a just some kind of admirer. I will let you make that decision. Fix as you may.   @Newfy

lol man! Take a look at the post above by the member who helped lift you out of purgatory (me)! I happen to be identified as an elite member simply because I have 500+ post - I'm not suggesting they were all great or even helpful ones..... but I did find a couple of your posts helpful to me. Keep contributing and posting :) .... The only prize we get is contributing to the lyla community.

Guest lydiahardwood
7 hours ago, newfy said:

Hello Lydia. I'm not sure what I am here. It said New Member for a long time but with only 35 posts i am not any kind of Elite member by any means. I started here in 2010 but only started posting some 8 years later. Does that make me a regular member or a just some kind of admirer. I will let you make that decision. Fix as you may.   @Newfy

All done for you, lovely gentleman! You'll make elite status after 500 posts as @Waterat said. I'm sure you'll be there in no time 😉

On 1/21/2021 at 9:47 AM, lydiahardwood said:

All done for you, lovely gentleman! You'll make elite status after 500 posts as @Waterat said. I'm sure you'll be there in no time 😉

Is that automatic? It used to be... but then, so did getting out of "new member" status after you had 5. It strikes me as the sort of thing that could have gotten broken at the same time, but I haven't been watching...

3 hours ago, Phaedrus said:

Is that automatic? It used to be... but then, so did getting out of "new member" status after you had 5. It strikes me as the sort of thing that could have gotten broken at the same time, but I haven't been watching...

It's automatic and most times work. But a few occasional glitches requiring attention of admins. Myself and others like @wynn, @vegeta85 (and more) are identified as "General" and "Elite" at the same time. Minor inconsistences I don't expect admins to correct as inconsequential to membership. But with each software and site updates, new problems appear like in the last months myself and others who lost the ability to report and edit posts, something that required admins attention to fix.