Will Massage Be Allowed To Reopen

There's nothing in the wording that specifically mentions massage, but I would imagine they would fall under the "non-regulated health services".  Only issue I see is the "requirement to collect information for contact tracing purposes".  I can see a lot of J. Doe or M. Mouse, 123 Any St. on the list with a phone number of 555-1212.

Home based businesses are still going to be watched by the neighbors, as only 2 "designated" people are allowed to visit most households.  Legal, but could still get a visit from enforcement just to see what's going on.

Then I wouldn’t imagine places like Executive Bath would open if customers have to provide info for contact tracing ..I sure wouldn’t 

I was going to suggest that showing your phone had the Covid alert app downloaded might meet the requirements for contact tracing info but it might not work, depending on timing, If it were an employee or masseuse were the ones to have the positive test it might.

I'm writing from Ottawa where all the commercial establishments are closed but private masseuses are still advertising on LL.

Going for a massage isn't likely to reduce the chance of viral spread. Don;t know how Winterpeg is doing with the battle but there's always everyone's dear friend Palmela Handerson to pay a visit to....

Call your MPP's office and ask.

1 hour ago, foofer said:

There's nothing in the wording that specifically mentions massage, but I would imagine they would fall under the "non-regulated health services".  Only issue I see is the "requirement to collect information for contact tracing purposes".  I can see a lot of J. Doe or M. Mouse, 123 Any St. on the list with a phone number of 555-1212.

You are so right.  I doubt if they check actual ID.  I think they jsut do it to keep the government happy.

Back in the fall when bars were open I went to Lipstixx.  The girl at the door said she needed my contact info.

I wrote down Dr. Brent Roussin and 204-555-5555

• Haha 7

3 hours ago, livenudecats said:

You are so right.  I doubt if they check actual ID.  I think they jsut do it to keep the government happy.

Back in the fall when bars were open I went to Lipstixx.  The girl at the door said she needed my contact info.

I wrote down Dr. Brent Roussin and 204-555-5555

Maybe I’ve been in Lockdown too long, but my God that’s 😆 Funny

• Haha 1

I'm confident if he ever gets that 'strange' call about contact tracing I'll hear about it. :D

I'll just play dumb. 'Gosh ... thats crazy. Really? Where did they say you went? Thats nuts.'. 

• Like 1

I don’t see problem putting down a phone number they actually can get you At

we all got cell phones that are just ours

fake name or just first name would work

if there was cases it would just be a contact tracer calling you.  
Nice to know before you spread it to someone vulnerable if you are exposed. 

The national Covid alert app would work provided it's broadly used. Business should advertise that their employees have it on their phones and confirm clients should be required to download it (takes seconds) or provide government ID before entry..... fake names and numbers are just stupid.

23 minutes ago, waterat said:

fake names and numbers are just stupid.

Not if you've been married for years to some troll, who occasioanlly goes through your phone and if you got found out, she might divorce you and take half of your hard earned assets.  

• Like 1

5 hours ago, livenudecats said:

Not if you've been married for years to some troll, who occasionally goes through your phone and if you got found out, she might divorce you and take half of your hard earned assets.  

Well then use the Covid alert app and simply require the establishment to do the same. It's anonymous.

Sounds like you may be happier single, lol. I've been through two divorces and they are expensive but assets get equally split.... yeah I paid too much but that's another story.

The consequences of not knowing you've had a potential Covid exposure could be very unpleasant: you have mild symptoms (or none) and your 'troll', who practices strict isolation gets deathly ill - think how that would go over - maybe even how you might feel....

5 hours ago, waterat said:

.... fake names and numbers are just stupid.

I still stand by my comment. How many calls had Dr. Brent Roussin received? lol

56 minutes ago, waterat said:

Well then use the Covid alert app and simply require the establishment to do the same. It's anonymous.

Sounds like you may be happier single, lol. I've been through two divorces and they are expensive but assets get equally split.... yeah I paid too much but that's another story.

The consequences of not knowing you've had a potential Covid exposure could be very unpleasant: you have mild symptoms (or none) and your 'troll', who practices strict isolation gets deathly ill - think how that would go over - maybe even how you might feel....

I still stand by my comment. How many calls had Dr. Brent Roussin received? lol

It was a joke!  #nofunpolice

• Haha 1