Ray Renpelle - Do men admit to hiring Companions?

Thanks Ray. Great interview! It was great to hear your story. The more folks feel comfortable talking about their experience, the fewer myths can persist. This series continues to bring us together in understanding.

• Like 4

I would like to add one more thing. Another person who knows of my activity is my family doctor. She actually recommended that seek out a well reviewed and recommended Companion as opposed to picking up a random girl at some social event. She was so right. I can say that I feel totally safe and comfortable with the Companions I know. And in 2.5years I never got so much as the common cold from this activity. And the support and encouragement I got from them during all the woes of last year or so( house sale, car accident, lung cancer) is more than a random girl would have provided. Specially my regular Companion who has been like a tower of strength for me. Can't go wrong with good Companionship.

• Like 7

Really enjoyed reading this one! Thank you Ray, and I’m so glad you moved past those first two bad experiences to find companions to enjoy time with! 

• Like 5

Thanks @RayRenpelle for this honest & reflective interview (traits that are rare in general nowadays 😞)

As regards the subject, I would love to tell everyone regarding the wonderful woman who is my companion.

But then there are serious legal consequences the moment the issue of monetary transactions come to light.

The illegal status of paid companionship SUCKS 😡 I hope some day we have FULLY LEGAL companion work.

Thanks

• Like 5

Thanks, @RayRenpelle! Excellent interview!

Like most people, seeing companions just isn't something I talk about. The stigma is most certainly there. This probably isn't helped by the fact that most of my friends are happily married, as far as the world is concerned.

But as you say, there must be an awful lot of guys seeing companions out there, judging by the number of them we collectively keep in business!

• Like 3

I was once mocked by a coworker for admitting the occasional paid companionship. But the same guy was bragging about visiting the local strip club and getting extras. This sparked a debate as he was trying to make me believe how different and cheaper it was, when the reality was not. Once the cover charge, drinks, dances, extras and tips are paid, the amount is the same if not more to an average session. For the same rate, your choosing between a comfortable and private setting with access to a shower, or awkward cubicle activities and some napkins.

Not sure if the conversation got him curious to experiment. But the topic was never addressed again.

• Like 3

Great interview Ray. For me, the sad part is that I would love to share my positive experiences with some of my ‘guy’ friends because I have had many and I think there is a good chance some of them are seeing providers too. No one wants to be the first to bring it up in case the conversation goes sideways because in my case I’m in a relationship so that is why websites like LYLA are so helpful for clients. 

• Like 3

5 hours ago, Kindbutsexy said:

in case the conversation goes sideways

Agreed. A shame, especially when there are career and legal consequences as well. I suppose same can be said of providers as well. Hard to talk openly about it. Glad to have Lyla !!!

• Like 2

Great questions. 

Stigma, I think, would lessen if it were decriminalized ( look at pot for example - as to how something can go from taboo to socially celebrated). 

I agree that some sp are just like therapy, mine is definitely one of them. Laughs, good music, great sex without complications. The great thing about some  sp is they provide the GFE without the drama associated with an actual relationship.

Personally,  I am not bashful about my playing; I even suggest  it to my single pals!

• Like 2