You ARE old if you drink Labatt 50! :icon_smile:

My dad drank Labatt 50, so yes, that was the first beer I drank as an underaged teenager. My grand pere drank Red Cap.

stubby_beer_bottle_brick_181.jpg

Now I prefer Coors Light.

You know you're old when you remember when this movie came out in the theatres and adults were commenting on how it was the scariest movie they had ever seen.

exorcist.jpg

And this movie made you afraid to go swimming again

jaws.gif

And probably no ladies watched this show, and the guys watching it, well, I can only imagine :icon_rolleyes: what type of exercise they did LOL

RG

... when your first "heavy petting" session was at a drive-in movie. There was one off of baseline and one that predated Britania 6 which then became the Colesium. Does anyone even call it heavy petting anymore????

Posted via Mobile Device

...when you can remember when .01 cent candy actually cost .01 cent - and a soda n bag of chips was .50 cent.

...when you can't remember what you where going to... :S hmm, what was that again, oh nevermind.

...and: You know you are old when you say: You know you are old when... :P

Additional Comments:

Does anyone even call it heavy petting anymore????

Posted via Mobile Device

Is that what you kids call it? :P

And this movie made you afraid to go swimming again

jaws.gif

And probably no ladies watched this show, and the guys watching it, well, I can only imagine :icon_rolleyes: what type of exercise they did LOL

RG

HEY - I watched "Jaws" late in August of 1975 ... a couple days after getting back from spending a U of Waterloo co-op work term that put me in the Sahara Desert in south Libya ... I had started to smoke (tobacco) that summer and I think I cremated a whole pack during the movie ... yes, kiddies, you could smoke in movie theatres

Guest f***2f***

When you can remember getting .25 for your allowance and you could go to the store and buy a 10 cent pop, a 10 cent bag of chips and a 5 cent chocolate bar!

Edited by f***2f***

You know you're old when:

• You carried your solutions to computer science assignments on stacks of punch cards

You know you're really old when you entered your programs in binary with this:

5203_Front_Panel.gif

HEY - I watched "Jaws" late in August of 1975 ... a couple days after getting back from spending a U of Waterloo co-op work term that put me in the Sahara Desert in south Libya ... I had started to smoke (tobacco) that summer and I think I cremated a whole pack during the movie ... yes, kiddies, you could smoke in movie theatres

Hell, my high school had cigarette vending machines and a "smoking lounge" for the students to smoke.

My first job, my boss chain smoked. Crazy.

You know your old when you could buy beers from a vending machine...ok it was a pop machine filled with beers on a Canadian Forces base...btw not allowed anymore

RG

You know you are old if you can identify these two guys... AND name the late night Friday Rock'n'Roll shows that they hosted....

Don-Kirshner-1977.jpg

polls_Wolfman_jack_0825_259310_answer_8_xlarge.jpeg

I just loved the Midnight Special.

0a_d__0_BurtSugarmansTheMidnightSpecia.jpg

Ted Nugent and Steve Tyler introduce a "new" band called AC/DC

When you remember this person:

pete-burns-lips.jpg

when they were the lead singer of Dead or Alive

pete_burns_01.jpg

You know you're old when you can tell me what television shows or celebrities these are associated with, without cheating by using google.

1. The Grand Poobah

2. Gladys Kravitz

3. Hymie the Robot

4. "Dyno-mite"

5. The devil made me do it

6. Well I see by the clock on the wall, it's time to bid you one and all, goodbye, farewell, so long....etc.

7. Up your nose with a rubber hose.

8. Sit on it!

9. Eddy Haskell

10. Look up, way up...

11. Casey and Finnegan

12. Pinky and Leather Tuscadaro

13. The S.S. Minnow

14. Book 'em Dano

15. Alan Brady's comedy writers

I'll give the answers a few posts down.

How well did you do?

Guest *D E**a

1-The Flintstones

11-Mr Dress Up

13-Gilligan's Island

Does this make me part old?lol

I am old but also forgetful, think I got 9 right

1. The Grand Poobah - Flintstones

2. Gladys Kravitz

3. Hymie the Robot - Get Smart

4. "Dyno-mite" - JJ on Good times

5. The devil made me do it - Flip Wilson

6. Well I see by the clock on the wall, it's time to bid you one and all, goodbye, farewell, so long....etc.

7. Up your nose with a rubber hose. Vinnie Barberino in Welcome Back Kotter

8. Sit on it! Foonzie in Happy Days

9. Eddy Haskell

10. Look up, way up... The Friendly Giant

11. Casey and Finnegan

12. Pinky and Leather Tuscadaro - I should know this , just can't remember the name of the show

13. The S.S. Minnow Gillagan's Island

14. Book 'em Dano Hawaii five O, can't remember the characters name

15. Alan Brady's comedy writers

1-The Flintstones

11-Mr Dress Up

13-Gilligan's Island

Does this make me part old?lol

Not all Emma. Many old shows still shown on cable channels like DejaVu.

Here are the answers:

1. The Grand Poobah: The head of the Water Buffalos, the Lodge where Fred and Barney (The Flintstones) were a member.

2. Gladys Kravitz: The nosey neighbour of the Samantha and Darrin Stevens (Bewitched).

3. Hymie the Robot: A agent of Control (Get Smart).

4. "Dyno-mite": What J.J. (Jimmy Walker) used to say (Good Times).

5. The devil made me do it. Catchprhase of Flip Wilson (The Flip Wilson Show).

6. Well I see by the clock on the wall, it's time to bid you one and all, goodbye, farewell, so long....etc.: The song Wayne and Shuster would sing at the end of their TV specials.

7. Up your nose with a rubber hose: The sweathogs line (Welcome Back Kotter).

8. Sit on it!: Fonzie's catchphrase (Happy Days).

9. Eddy Haskell: Beaver's pesky friend (Leave it to Beaver)

10. Look up, way up... (The Friendly Giant)

11. Casey and Finnegan: Puppet characters (Mr. Dressup)

12. Pinky and Leather Tuscadaro: Minor characters (sisters) on Happy Days. Pinky(Roz Kelly) was Fonzie's love interest and drove a pink motorcycle and Leather (Suzi Quatro) was in a band.

13. The S.S. Minnow: The charter that crashed (Gilligan's Island)

14. Book 'em Dano: Lieut. Steve Garrett's line to his partner (Hawaii 5-0)

15. Alan Brady's comedy writers: Sally Rogers, Rob Petrie and Buddy Sorrell (The Dick Van Dyke Show).

Guest E*******h S******s

The only one I didn't know was number six <sigh>

When you tell your co-worker that you'll be going to see Alice Cooper in concert that night and she asks "who is she?". Same girl who knows Ozzy only as that funny guy on The Osbournes.....no idea that he's a musician! She thought The Osbournes was his claim to fame! And it's not like it's just not her scene...she IS into metal! Or so she claims but I have my doubts :p.

When you tell the same co-worker about your favorite movies and she has no idea what movies you're talking about. And I'm not talking obscure movies either, I mean movies like Rocky, The Crow, Braveheart, Superman. ("You mean Superman Returns?"...."No....Superman....the first one..."...."You mean there was another one?"...."*sigh*....yes, with Christopher Reeve"....."The invalid? How did they get him to play Superman? With cgi?").

When you ask that same co-worker out for drinks and she kindly points out that she was in diapers while you were in your senior year of high school.

Posted via Mobile Device

When you ask that same co-worker out for drinks and she kindly points out that she was in diapers while you were in your senior year of high school.

Posted via Mobile Device

Dude, rough!

I feel your pain

I've had bad moments at work as well. Talking about concerts and venues around the city only to have her give me a blank look, which causes me to realize I was at those shows as a teenager and the venue no longer exists, all the while, she would have been just learning to ride a bike in the suburbs... Oops. There's many reasons why I won't date a coworker!

Guest f***2f***

when you remember crossing the river to Hull (when it wasn't called Gatineau) to go and drink underage at the Wellington House. Yep the old Smelly Wellie!!

(the bartender was only worried if you had the cash to pay, didn't give a shit how old you were and you sat with the old rubies sipping your draft and thinking you were pretty damn big!! lol)