Guest f***2f***
You know you are old when the optometrist tells you that you need bifocals.

Mine told me the magic age is 45......tha's not old!!!!

You know your old when all this posting about the tv show Family Jewels (which frankly I don't care) only brings back this 30 (OMG) year flashback...and I do remember getting the magazine too

ShowImage.aspx?ImageId=Playboy-Magazine-November-1981-Teri-Peterson-Shannon-Tweed-Vicki-La-Motta%7C51P2XzdqhUL.jpg

And in case you don't know yet, it's when this lady from Canada, graced the pages as centerfold (I'd post the entire centerfold photo but I believe complete frontal nudity a no-no) Oh, and back in those days they didn't shave, things have changed

c2085bd016264152981e4dde52447522

Those were the days

RG

Mine told me the magic age is 45......tha's not old!!!!

I was 42 when I got mine. I did not feel old but I sure look old with them.

You know you're old when you remember looking down the 50 foot deep hole where the CN tower's foundation was going to be poured and then many months later seeing this:

POSTCARD%2B-%2BTORONTO%2B-%2BDOWNTOWN%2BPANORAMA%2B-%2BAERIAL%2B-%2BCN%2BTOWER%2BUNDER%2BCONSTRUCTION%2B-%2B1973.jpg

You know your old...ok maybe it wasn't in the scheme of things that long ago, when you remember that the Eaton's Centre had an Eatons in it...now a defunct store from the past

RG

You remember when HBC was a Canadian company. Oh wait guess you don't have to be that old to remember that.

You can remember downtown Ottawa like this....

Centretown-Aerial-Mid-60s.JPG

Notice the distinct lack of office buildings and the wealth of homes in the core?

You know your old when you remember the old Shoppers City in Ottawa (beside Algonquin College), now gone and replaced by a bunch of stores...ah progress

RG

• Like 1

Guest f***2f***

When you say shit like "Hey do you remember when they instituted the Olympic lottery?" And people look at you like WTF?

Edited by f***2f***
add link

When you say shit like "Hey do you remember when they instituted the Olympic lottery?" And people look at you like WTF?

I remember that... and I can still remember when they had the draw on the air. It was a gigantic extravaganza. The headline entertainment????

simard_never.jpg?w=480&h=482

When your parents used to tune in for the Tommy Hunter Show

tommyhunter2.jpg

Maxwell Smart was ahead of his time with his "shoe phone". Now who doesn't agree that Agent 99 was a hot babe.

get_smart-tv.jpg

Anyone remember the Cone of Silence (that never worked):

And then there was the "portable Cone of Silence".

Edited by Mature Angela

I remember this lasted us (4 boys) about a week before we lost all the bullets, broke the rocket launcher, etc...

39c1.jpg

My weapon of choice was my Paladin holster, although I seem to recall it had a derringer pouch in the back.

have-gun-travel-holsters_200599483176.jpg

even before the olympic lottery ...

when you remember the first lottery in Canada for Expo '67

from our friends at wikipedia ...

"...and Expo 67, the Universal Exposition of 1967.[1] To support the expenditures, Drapeau created the first public lottery in Canada in 1968, which he called simply a "voluntary tax", an idea that would later gain favor and become enlarged by the provincial government by creating Loto-Québec society in 1970."

and, ESSO held a lottery to give away four "futuristic" cars

... who recalls the 'Esso' Toronado? ... to celebrate Canada's centenary at Expo 67, Imperial Oil Canada (Esso) commissioned four custom-built 1967 Oldsmobile Toronados from George Barris of Hollywood (he of Batmobile, Munster Koach and Drag-u-la fame) ... Imperial Oil wanted a car that looked futuristic but retained an identity of the times ... these cars were called the Toronado 67X, or sometimes Esso 67X and were given away as prizes in a coast-to-coast competition that focused on safety ... entrants had to collect five winning safety tips in order to enter their name into the lottery for the grand prizes.

http://www.autoblog.com/2009/04/14/ebay-find-of-the-day-george-barris-oldsmobile-toronado-67x/

at 14 years old, I dearly wanted a 67X

You know you're old when you remember when this movie came out in the theatres and adults were commenting on how it was the scariest movie they had ever seen.

exorcist.jpg

You know you're old when:

• You carried your solutions to computer science assignments on stacks of punch cards
  • It was not uncommon to see an issue of Mad magazine at someone's house.
  • You remember snickering at item #407-122 in the Consumers Distributing catalog... the "personal massager"

large-196.jpg

When you had free time THEN it was spent having a hangover and/or playing hockey, ball, etc. Now when I have free time it is spent replacing a deck or painting or some other "mature" thing that adults do.

Guest W***ledi*Time
You drank beer that came in stubbies ...

ha ha ... I've got stubbies in my fridge right now - and if I run out, I can walk to the local LC and buy some more. Red Stripe, imported from Jamaica:

RED_STRIPE_LAGER_Glass_600.JPG

I do admit that I buy it for the nostalgia, though.