highlights of the day

My birthday gift? My good friend in Washington DC paid a flight back and forth so I can go visit her in two weeks!

then Paris in 3 weeks

then London in 4 weeks!

:D

• Like 1

Got my 5km walk time down from 52 minutes to 47 minutes today! Now, should I add 1km tomorrow or just try to beat my time??? Plus, down another 2lbs and my energy level has risen by leaps and bounds!

• Like 4

Had a great reunion this morning. Went to the market, bought a bunch of kiwis. Now I am naked, in the sunshine, dancing to great music. What don't I love about my life?

And can I suggest that we all pause for a moment and ponder the word 'kiwi'?

• Like 4

Had a great reunion this morning. Went to the market, bought a bunch of kiwis. Now I am naked, in the sunshine, dancing to great music. What don't I love about my life?

That thought has just become my highlight of the day....

Last night I was picked up and taken to a beautiful organic farm two hours outside of St John's.

Our drive to destination was breathtaking and the home and property I visited was a place of unique beauty and charm. The large property was full of every kind of berry, flower and vegetable.

I was taken care of the entire night, was awakened by the ocean surf and had a delicious breakfast served to me in bed. I was treated like a queen and I thank my wonderful host for such a delightful and memorable evening.

• Like 3

I just got home from a great afternoon and evening with friends. The guitar was out, steak and lobster were on the menu, the beer was good and we went swimming at their beach. T'was the closest to skinny dipping I have done in a long time. :)

• Like 2

New patio furniture assembled. BBQ is on, and I'm out on the deck enjoying the new lounge chairs abd an ice cold corona with a very large wedge of lime!!

Got one of my favourite nieces back in my life (long story, but her mother does not like our side of the family).

• Like 1

Returned home 30 minutes ago from my 10 day motorcycle trip. 4100 kms. from NS to NB, Que., Ont., NY, Vermont, NH, Mass., Maine, and back home. The last day was a marathon 16 hours from Mass.- NS.......14 hours of which were in the rain. My dogs showed me they missed me when I got home. Met friends (new and old) and relatives along the way.

• Like 1

Don't freak out, but the highlight of my day was my...

NINJA POOP!

The poop that disappears. The poop that didn't happen. The poop where when everything is said and done and you look into the toilet bowl... there's nothing there! It's disappeared into the hole...

I found out why!!!!

500e1c2304c3a.jpeg

I am so excited. My application to adopt a cat was accepted. The only thing left is a lady will be coming to my home Saturday to ensure that I have a safe and clean environment for the cat.

I have had cats before but not since 1998. Those girls I had for 10 years. I had to give them up do to an out of town work assignment. And I could not find a sitter to take them for the three months.

I am so excited...

• Like 1

I was driving my truck on a prairie dirt trail where I work and stopped at a clearing off of a dead end. To the north was a bright yellow canola field in bloom....to the west was a bright blue flax field in bloom...to the south was a golden brown winter wheat field that a combine was just pulling into to harvest their first crop of the season. A lake is close by as well with the sun beaming off of the water.

I sat there for a long period of time and enjoyed and pondered life. I saw a moose, 36 deer before I quit counting, many ducks, some Canada geese and literally hundreds of other birds and waterfowl, a coyote....didn't have my gun unfortunately, some rabbits, and a trespasser that I had to ask to leave lol. That I suppose was a highlight too cause I can't stand the arrogant prick.

Anywhooo....one of those moments where you love being a country bumkinses !!!

WAIT !!! Not done yet ;) haha After some pretty awesome inspiration as of late and some soul searching I have decided this morning that NOW is the time to finally pursue my lifelong dreams ! Professionally and personally. Like a lightning bolt that snapped me out of a freaking coma I can see again !!! That is my biggest highlight of the day.

• Like 1

Well highlights of the day. Is it me or does it kinda seem, like a brighter fun and more positive atmosphere today on CERB, and that's a good thing

RG

Guest t**d**teur

My highlight of the day was realizing I hadn't had a nicotine craving in three days. This is my Day 13 without a puff. I had been smoking some 45 years; that almost 1/3 million cigarettes. But I'm not ready to go jogging or join a gym yet. I think I'll just continue with this hobby.

I was driving my truck on a prairie dirt trail where I work and stopped at a clearing off of a dead end. To the north was a bright yellow canola field in bloom....to the west was a bright blue flax field in bloom...to the south was a golden brown winter wheat field that a combine was just pulling into to harvest their first crop of the season. A lake is close by as well with the sun beaming off of the water.

I sat there for a long period of time and enjoyed and pondered life. I saw a moose, 36 deer before I quit counting, many ducks, some Canada geese and literally hundreds of other birds and waterfowl, a coyote....didn't have my gun unfortunately, some rabbits, and a trespasser that I had to ask to leave lol. That I suppose was a highlight too cause I can't stand the arrogant prick.

Anywhooo....one of those moments where you love being a country bumkinses !!!

WAIT !!! Not done yet ;) haha After some pretty awesome inspiration as of late and some soul searching I have decided this morning that NOW is the time to finally pursue my lifelong dreams ! Professionally and personally. Like a lightning bolt that snapped me out of a freaking coma I can see again !!! That is my biggest highlight of the day.

Mine was the same as Lee's... except for all the nature stuff. Instead of a moose substitute "redhead" - deer should be replaced by "brunettes" - ducks replaced by "blondes" - the birds should be replaced by "hot chicks" and the trespasser should be replaced by "younger fit guy that was taking too much attention away."

That's life outside in downtown Ottawa on a warm summer's day....

• Like 1

I spent my yesterday on a boat, and also off the boat, swimming in a beautiful lake. I acquired some more magnificent burn lines while lying in the sun with my French political philosophy. Good people, good beer, and the spaciousness of nature made for a wonderful afternoon.

At sunset we went out again. I floated on my back in the water and all I could see was the sky -empty except for the moon- which was a delicate shade of blue paling in the fading light, and the water, which reflected the trees onto the surface around me. I stayed that way for a good long time.

• Like 1

For some...this may be a bad day, but for me, It is a very happy day!

Just found out my father is going to move here in Freddy:) He is retiring this year and needs to be close to his daughter, his friend:)

This weekend going to a huge family gathering in honor of my uncle who also is retiring;)

Looking forward to be re-united ith everyone again:)

• Like 3

Having a flight attendant that is an exact replica of Anderson Cooper - and he was really nice too. What a great way to spend a 5hr flight.

• Like 2

Had a cake with a candle at midnight, made my wish.

Had an overnight date with a sweet gentlemen.

Went shopping in the morning and pampered myself at a spa.

Going for a fancy diner tonight with my best friend.

Got b-day wishes from my family, friends and members of CERB. :)

• Like 2

Discovered that most people are glad I'm back at work .... And like Lee's trespasser the fact that some aren't is also a highlight, cause they are pricks!!

Porthos

• Like 1