highlights of the day

An interaction with the government that was handled quickly and efficiently, much to my surprise. This one almost went in the 'WTF' thread....

• Like 1

I had my last class of the semester today! In exactly one week, I'm going to hand in my last term paper and I will be on vacation for the month! Joy!

• Like 3

in just 3 1/2 hours I will sit down with HR and turn in my company cards, keys, computer, blackberry and other misc stuff

then I am off for a year or two of travel and fun before I decide what I want to be when I grow up ... first part of the plan will likely be driving around the USA and then Europe, Asia ...

:)

• Like 2

The highlight of my day is coming home and opening that fridge to a ice cold beer and sitting down to relax (:

Troy

Wasn't quite sure if this was a highlight or things that suck.

I have a sizeable lump, a lipoma on my forehead, but it's usually hidden by my hair falling onto my forehead. Anyway yesterday I visited the plastic surgeon and had it cut out. The sucks because it hurts, isn't probably a permanent fix, and today I'm wandering around with a rows stitches on my brow.

But the highlight, a week from now when the swelling goes away, I'll be handsome again. lol

• Like 1

This is interesting to me, at least, since I have had a lipoma over one jaw for decades. My beard largely disguises it, boo only if the sideburns are left a bit bushy. I gotten a referral to a plastic surgeon, but I must fall well down on his priority list. Lucky me!

On other parts of the face a lipoma could look a lot worse. Congratulations on the fix! You soon will be a more handsome fellow!

An Australian friend of mine just joined the board, and appropriately enough, he became my 1000th friend on cerb!

This is a milestone. I'm excited and happy to be in touch with so many interesting people on here.

I value my cerb connections, and am grateful.

A great way to start December!

Edited by Cato

I like my weekend so far. I did a photoshoot yesterday, cleaned out my cupboards, and saw a friend. Today I heard from someone I had not spoken to in a long while who I missed dearly. Later I will watch Lord of the Rings. I look forward to finding out what happens next.

• Like 1

The day started slowly and has been largely concerned with cleaning my great messy desk. I have gotten some satisfaction as the job has moved from seemingly impossible to quite possible. The old guy can still do something hard. My opinion of myself and life is higher. Hooray! Great procrastinator no more!

This is a silly one....I experimented with my skittles eating two different flavours at once! Who knew that red and purple, yellow and green and orange with anything would taste so good! I think I need to seek out a skittles support group!

• Like 1

This is a silly one....I experimented with my skittles eating two different flavours at once! Who knew that red and purple, yellow and green and orange with anything would taste so good! I think I need to seek out a skittles support group!

I kinda did that the other night when someone threw a bag of skittles and a bag of choolate M&Ms into one bowl. Rather interesting. I'll join your support group Meg! I love Skittles!

Please, nobody tell Meg that jellybeans exist. We'll never see her again...

• Like 1

Looking deep within myself for some long, intense, and very reflective self-exploration.....and coming to the startling realization that......I'm really NOT too old to still think farts are funny!

• Like 4

Today I got the pictures from my last shoot. I've put the first few up in a new album. I am most pleased. I think I almost got a nosebleed just reviewing them for the first time. I mean, hot damn! (If I do say so myself.)

• Like 2

The pulmologist drained the fluid from dad's lungs (turned out he doesn't have pneumonia) Under the circumstances he is feeling better, and has some appetite back.

He goes in for a biopsy tomorrow, and a follow up exam with the pulmologist. He has a couple more appointments, but he decided to come back home to have his chemotherapy. Get to see dad next week before he goes home to Nova Scotia.

The positive is, under the circumstances that is, he doesn't have pneumonia and starts treatment for leukemia sooner than later, important when battling cancer. He has a positve outlook that he'll beat the leukemia

So all in all, under the circumstances more positve than negative news

Best news is no more leukemia, I'm praying he'll beat it

RG

• Like 6

My very good friend with the brain tumor underwent a 14 hour surgery yesterday that appears successful. She exited the OR at 2 a.m. and tonight I saw a picture of her awake and smiling in ICU. I talked to her husband this morning after I knew she made it through surgery and we agreed.....Christmas came on Dec. 6, 2012 for us.

• Like 4