highlights of the day

Had someone come by today about my house and my cat was following him around every room making sure he was legit.lol. It's interesting to see how even animals try and protect their owners. Anyone who comes to my house also gets the drill from my cat.lol.

cat_01.jpg?noCache=1358530471

• Like 3

My renovation project is now going in a different direction. Instead of taking things apart I am beginning to put things back together! The electrical is done and next step new drywall for the ceiling and two walls. A corner has been turned. :)

• Like 2

Last night, I got the most mind-blowing, unrushed foot massage ever! It stoned me harder than a double shot of moonshine.

• Like 2

Up at mom's to drop off my cat (she's looking after him when I'm in florida) having a good visit, and I took her out for a nice dinner at the Keg.

Staying at her place overnight, then tomorrow aftenoon drive to my brother's place, stay overnight there and bright and early Monday morning he takes me to Pearson to fly out to Florida.

Even though circumstances for the visit aren't good, my visit with mom is good and when I see my brother my visit with him will be good too

RG

• Like 1

Guest C**Tra****er

It's hard to pick just one today. Very productive day, house cleaned, laundry done, took down the Xmas lights outside, did some repairs to my car, had a nice supper and took my dogs for a long walk. I feel a sense of accomplishment today!

I marked 1/2 of my student's papers today and I have to correct the other half by Wednesday! I went to my favourite coffee shop and didn't budge for 5 hours. This evening I did most of my course preparation for the week... all in all it was a very productive day! I'm feeling proud of my accomplishments.

If only I could be this productive everyday... >_<!

• Like 2

Last week's highlight, actually, which continues a tad this week....

A good friend of mine referred me to a great mechanic who gave me an honest opinion about getting my car up to par to Ontario's standards (moving from Quebec ...).

Turns out there is too much money to put in the car for me to either keep it (and plate it in Ontario) or sell it (its not worth much as it turns out). Plus, i can walk everywhere, including to work.

So, this week, my rust-bucket, money-pit of a car is getting donated to the Kidney Foundation, where they will try to fix it and sell it, or trash it (and-or recycle the parts). For those interested, they arrange for the pick-up (they take care of trucks, cars or boats), and they issue a tax credit receipt regardless of what they do with it.

• Like 2

A very nice lady in front of me paid for my coffee and breakfast in Tims drive through!!

Definetly putting a big smile on my face right now :-) --nom nom--

A new casual inventory JUST OPENED for a particular government dept. I have just submitted my resume and I know-I WILL GET THIS :)

Enjoyed some nice and spicy (yes, spicy!) hot poutines with my fav. hot, sexy and gorgeous SP friend after helping her to pick up her parcel from the postoffice. :-D

Edited by Luckyme

Booked a business trip to Toronto in early March . Brrrr it's winter....Hope I can find someone to warm me up too ;)

Booked another business trip / little bit of fun trip to TO again end of June :)

Going to Vegas in April if all goes as planned :)

It's time to get out of Dodge and live er up a bit I do believe !!!

• Like 1

Debating between taking the Portage or Champlain bridge to Hull, deciding to take the Portage and half-way along Tache, hearing there is a new accident on the Champlain. Sometimes, thing just work out. :)

Well the day has arrived, early tomorrow off on another adventure, this time to New Zealand, Australia and Aubu Dhabi.

• Like 3

Well this could have been a 'things that suck' post however, I'm generally a half glass full kinda guy. Had hoped on my recent trip to Ott to see the lovely Bridgette at Barbs. But unfortunately schedules didn't work. I don't visit SCs too much anymore but someone like Bridgette can draw this old bear out of the den. So went anyway and met up with two amazing ladies. Both Karen and Snow are beautiful and sensual. They are very different in their look but I was immediately drawn to both. Each has a great personality and conversation. And our time in the CR was enought to take any chills away on a cold winter night. Cub may be coming out of the den a little more often.

Saw the strangest thing today. I was feeding cattle and happened to glance beside the tractor at an English sparrow that was acting weirdly. Turned out it was beside another sparrow that was lying still in the snow after presumably hitting the barn. The active bird was standing over it and using its' beak to repeatedly pull feathers on the downed bird's head and neck as if to get it to stand up. When that failed, the healthy bird spread it's wings and laid on top of the still one. For warmth.....protection.....I do not know, but when I returned less than 5 minutes later, they were both gone. It warmed my heart.

• Like 6

Guest K***e D****ls

Getting a head start on today's Me-Day activities. :) A little shopping, developing some new photos, go to St. Lawrence Market for some special grocery shopping (I love my butcher there!) and a relaxing day overall.