highlights of the day

Guest D***el B***e

I went to see my mom today at her long term care home. She didn't really recognize me today, all this started about a month ago... but I'm still glad I made the trip and spent time with her, I brought her outside in the courtyard so she could feel the wind in her hair, hear the birds singing ... Alzheimer is a fucked up disease!!

It's after 10 am, and I'm still in bed. The perfect place to be on a delightfully cool morning! Even the dogs are enjoying it. I'm staying here 'til noon.

My head office received a complimentary message about my work and attitude from a client. CEO called to give me an "attaboy". Every now and then it's nice to know that somebody is paying attention.

• Like 1

Cleaned up like a crazy man today.... it took all day but I now feel a true sense of accomplishment. I now get to come home to a clean and orderly home when I return from the weekend of family birthdays in the homeland.

Guest D***el B***e
My head office received a complimentary message about my work and attitude from a client. CEO called to give me an "attaboy". Every now and then it's nice to know that somebody is paying attention.

Good stuff man! nothing good happened to me today but was happy to read your post, Happened to me as well in the past and it's always a good feeling to be complimented by your peers.

Cheers!

I recently accepted a job in an entirely different field that has me on the road almost constantly.

So my highlight today would be waking up in my own bed and taking a shower in my own bathroom for the first time in weeks! :D

Getting an unexpected phone call from my wonderful gal pal out West. She tried to prank me!! It was so wonderful to hear her voice and her call meant the world to me and she knew exactly when and why to call. That's a true friend. Love you lots my friend!

thank-you-comment-001.gif

• Like 2

I had breakfast at my favorite place, with a long time friend. The server there knows my order and always gives me a hard time. Feels like Cheers except its breakfast. Then stopped for gas, and an elderly lady was having difficulty with the pump. Still drives at 83 but her hands are too weak to handle the pump properly. I wasn't going to stop, but something made me. I pumped her gas, and walked into the Esso with her, holding the door. She was ahead of me in line, and told the cashier "I'm going to pay for that nice young man's gas as well as my own". I'm 48. I had only put $20 in, and protested, but she said that was the first time ever anyone had stopped to assist her.

Now, I am not fishing for praise telling this story. It really feels good to help someone a little less able than yourself. I think you get more out of it than they do. Free gas was just the sprinkles on the cake!

• Like 4

My son and I took our 12-week old puppy to the vet for vaccinations. Juno so enjoyed hearing that she's completely adorable that she didn't seem to notice being stuck with a needle. After that, we went to an outdoor café for coffee and more public admiration.

13.05.22.Juno-portrait-10x8.png

• Like 3

I knew my mother had an appointment with her doctor yesterday, and she has been having some minor lapses in memory lately. So I called the doctor on Thursday to mention the memory lapses. He gave her a quick memory test, but has her scheduled for a full test next week.

The highlight, mom called me today. I thought she would be pi$$ed at me for calling the doctor, but she called to say thanks, she appreciated the concern. The second highlight, if she has a problem, according to her, there is medication she can take because it looks like her memory issue has been caught soon enough

RG

• Like 2

I laughed my ass off watching my crazy dog. Not sure what she was doing but she decided to play with my pj bottom that were on the floor. She managed to go into the pant leg and have just her nose sticking out one end and her tail wagging out the other it was so cute and funny. She was walking around with it and it didn't bother her one bit lol!

• Like 1

Yay! I became a grand dad this morning.

My daughter delivered a boy at 5 this morning, and both are doing well.

I would appreciate any ladies who can give me a suggestion for a nice gift to the new mother. Not for the baby but for my daughter, just to show her how much I appreciate the the privilege she has given me. It's got to be something that she'll treasure for many years.

• Like 6

Yay! I became a grand dad this morning.

My daughter delivered a boy at 5 this morning, and both are doing well.

I would appreciate any ladies who can give me a suggestion for a nice gift to the new mother. Not for the baby but for my daughter, just to show her how much I appreciate the the privilege she has given me. It's got to be something that she'll treasure for many years.

Hank,

Congrats! You are blessed to have a little one in your life who will bring so much joy.

Here is an article I found related to this:

http://www.grandparents.com/family-and-relationships/family-matters/is-your-daughter-expecting-a-push-presen

Cleaning service or a relaxation day at a spa sounds like a wonderful idea.

Holtz Spa in Ottawa is a great place to go for some r&r. I've been there many times.

Enjoy your new Grandson! xo

Being betrayed in the worse possible way by a trusted family member and not knowing how to fix it and get back on track.

Then finding out that a lady that I have always connected with is a true genuine friend and I couldn't be more thankful for her and the the amazing person she really is.

All my Love to my friend,

Lexy

Having my recent travel plans allow me to cross paths with a great lady I hadn't seen for a couple of years. I remembered our first time together fondly and the second encounter was even better. Gotta do better to make our third meeting sooner than another couple of years.