highlights of the day

Went to get my eyes checked. Normally an out of pocket expense. But found out today since I have to get checked every year because I show all signs of someone who can get glaucoma (high pressure, family history etc) my exam is now covered by OHIP

Nice to keep money in my wallet for a change

RG

• Like 1

Getting a reminder on the beauty of the landscape here on PEI, I had a trip to Summerside today lots of farmers working hard to get their crop in the ground.

• Like 2

I am not a fan of Stephen Harper's Canada, with all the stupid strutting about of the military, RCMP, and local police! He thinks he can pull it off in October. Not so sure!

Having said that, we are so fortunate to live in a land where we can live in peace and freedom, where we have abundant food and water, electricity, and not having crazy, supposedly religious, people shooting at us, or each other!

And a land where men and women are equals :)

Lucky to be living in Canada!

bellafan

• Like 3

OK, it wasn't today, but recent enough...

I'd like to extend an appreciative nod to my last companion, who was delightful in every way and through her inventiveness made our encounter so very special and memorable. Not just one, but two firsts were added in my nearly four years here. I was over the moon during and after our encounter, and this time, even without an HE for me! ("It is not the goal, but the journey."). That deserves a toast, and indulge in a glass or two we did. Please accept my greatest recognition and gratitude. You know who you are. :)

• Like 1

My hummingbirds came back on their usual schedule, actually arriving a few days early this year on May 11th. I went from my typical four feeders to eleven and the little guys are everywhere. They are so interesting to watch.

They do EVERYTHING fast and yesterday I watched two of them mating. Five seconds max! Jeeze, I thought I was quick! The foreplay was fascinating however. Diving and swooping and chattering and wish I could have interpreted the pillow talk. :) Typical guy though, he was out of there as soon as he completed his mission but she basked in the afterglow for a few seconds.

• Like 6

My hummingbirds came back on their usual schedule, actually arriving a few days early this year on May 11th. I went from my typical four feeders to eleven and the little guys are everywhere. They are so interesting to watch.

You are very lucky! Two is the most I have ever seen together in my backyard. They are such tiny little creatures - every time I see them, it makes me smile.

• Like 1

A chance to see a wonderful, charming woman I have known for almost three years now. Her birthday is coming up soon and I was able to be with her this afternoon and tell her what a pleasure it is to have her in my life! Seeing her always does my heart and soul a world of good:)

• Like 3

Had a great day with a good friend of mine. It's just one of those friends who are easy to be around with no bullshit and feel free enough to be yourself. Thanks friend. You know who you are!

• Like 1

I love when it rains heavily! Just looking out the window and appreciating the beauty and the rain saved me from doing chores of cleaning deck and watering flowers.

Found my wallet!!!

At the grocery checkout, reached in my back pocket, no wallet. Retraced my steps with no joy. Thought I was for it, as I was planning to head south of the border Monday and go walk about for the next 3-4 weeks.

• Like 2

Thought I lost my iphone at the theatre but didn't realize it until I was 10 minutes gone. Headed back and fortunately one of the staff found it and turned it into the office. Whew!

Had an expected nice evening turn into an exceptionally special one.

Sometimes you ladies really amaze me.

:)

• Like 1