Things that make you go hmmm?

Why on earth would the LCBO need to spend money on advertisement spots on the radio? Where else am I gonna buy my booze?

Why is it that you only fall/slip when people are watching?

Thats the issue.. they have so much $$$ they need to justify spending it somewhere..

Ill take the oppy to send out this Warning.. Don't EVER import a CASE of fine wine into Ontario.. they ..the Ont Govt - charged me 101% of the listed value in taxes + the brokerage fees..

EG : Case was $1200 total bill $1350 in Taxes and Fees .. on top of my of me spending $1200 on the wine - ouch !!!!!

Why on earth would the LCBO need to spend money on advertisement spots on the radio? Where else am I gonna buy my booze?

I was just wondering this myself. They really don't have much in the way of competition.

grapple.jpg

Grapples definitely induce a stern "Hmmmm."

I am going hmmmm right now as I just drove by one.....but..... I really wonder how the deer know they are supposed to cross at the yellow deer crossing sign ?? hmmmm I say

When I get an inbox message that reads in characters like .. Do you xyz, fjt, skkytt? hmmmmm, I'm just not proficient in reading code.

Hmmmm why does the grocery store charge me a nickle for a plastic bag and say it's for the environment while still wrapping coconuts in plastic so that the bar code sticker will stay glued on.

:confused0024:

Guest S**a*Q

grapple.jpg

Grapples definitely induce a stern "Hmmmm."

I watched how those are made... It's actually kinda cool. Coming from my imagination, I thought they were some genetic mutation or something at first, but it turns out that they are just apples soaked in grape juice. They use the most porous apple variety, which in turn will absorb the most flavouring.

*Sadface to no mutated apples... :( *

A client messages you for your info, you tell him to please view your web page, and give them the page address and ask them to pay attention to a particular section,which gives them your rates,ect,

they email you back and say "so what do you charge"!!!!!!

• Like 1

Reply.....for you...a special rate on my web page........hahahah

Posted via Mobile Device

• Like 1

Well I just had my 3rd Cat Scan in 7 or 8 years yesterday. Once again they didn't find a cat in there ;) Why do they keep looking for one ? hmmmmm

• Like 2

Hmmmmm - I once bought a sun screen for my windshield. You know, the cardboard ones you put on the inside to block the sun when the vehicle is parked so the interior does not get blazing hot. The screen came with instructions which in itself is a "Hmmmm", and it also came with a warning "DO NOT DRIVE VEHICLE WHEN THE SCREEN IS IN PLACE" Hmmmm I am sure I would have thought of that!

• Like 1

If Jimmy cracked corn and I don't care, why is there a song about it.

How can there be a civil war, its a contradiction in terms

Why does your doctor leave the exam room when you get undressed?

Why is there a light in the fridge but not the freezer

RG

• Like 1

Well..... I bought a bag of BBQ peanuts not long ago.....and it said on the bag "may contain nuts" hmmmmmmm

What about the coffee cups (like at Tim Hortons) that say "Caution - Contents may be hot"... was I expecting cold coffee? hmmmm

What about the coffee cups (like at Tim Hortons) that say "Caution - Contents may be hot"... was I expecting cold coffee? hmmmm

That one comes from a lawsuit in the US where a woman spilled a cup of McDonald's coffee on herself and successfully sued for millions on the basis that there should have been a warning the contents were hot. That on it's own makes you go mmmmmm!

Driving along on #1 highway heading for the big city minding my own business driving about 125 kms per hour listening to Fleetwood Mac... Rhiannon and texting of course ... And a cop pulls up beside me .... So I looks over at him ... He gives me the finger wag meaning ... "No no no Lee no texting ! ". Then gives me the finger down as in slow the f**k down.... Smiles and takes off !!

Hmmmm ... Did he feel sorry for me or was there a Dunkin donut truck ahead of me ?? Heh heh

Driving along on #1 highway heading for the big city minding my own business driving about 125 kms per hour listening to Fleetwood Mac... Rhiannon and texting of course ... And a cop pulls up beside me .... So I looks over at him ... He gives me the finger wag meaning ... "No no no Lee no texting ! ". Then gives me the finger down as in slow the f**k down.... Smiles and takes off !!

Hmmmm ... Did he feel sorry for me or was there a Dunkin donut truck ahead of me ?? Heh heh

Hmmmm, makes me think of the time that my wife came home and told me she was stopped by the Mounties. They had her for speeding, passing on a double line and a brake light was out. He gave her a warning! My God, if that was me I'd have been in jail. All I could say to her was, " So, just how short WAS your skirt? "

So Lee, just how short was your skirt?!

• Like 1

Hmmmm, makes me think of the time that my wife came home and told me she was stopped by the Mounties. They had her for speeding, passing on a double line and a brake light was out. He gave her a warning! My God, if that was me I'd have been in jail. All I could say to her was, " So, just how short WAS your skirt? "

So Lee, just how short was your skirt?!

Hahaha. No skirt Mrnice ..... Skin tight pants ... White T shirt with pack of smokes rolled up in the sleeve and I winked at him and licked my lips ;) perhaps he thought I was gay and didn't want to deal with that ?

Lol... I suspect he thought I was a country bumkinsee farm boy that didn't know better ! Which I am :)

Posted via Mobile Device

• Like 1

Street signs in St. john's frequently make me go "hmmmmm". There's a parking lot downtown with a very large sign that says,

"No parking except by permit. Lot under surveilance from time to time".

Porthos

So I gos into the store yesterday and they hand me a couple phone books.....so I do the old Steve Martin "Yay the new phone books are here the new phone books are here" .... they look at me like I am retarded......so I says "any of you seen the movie The Jerk ?".......once again they look at me like I am off my rocker! !...

Hmmmmm Apparently I am old !!! I told the girls to talk among themselves and just forget I was there......next time I will joke about Harry Potter !! ;)

• Like 2

You can't tell me there isn't more to life than this rock...no sirree, this is just a stepping stone! Pass me my wineglass!!!!! Liver up!!!!!!!!!!!! The greatest sin of all is to live a boring life!

Further to my comment that 'infinity' gives me a headache ... This is an amazing picture of a small part of our universe

http://www.petapixel.com/2012/03/27/55-hour-exposure-of-a-tiny-patch-of-sky-reveals-200000-galaxies/