Well that was awkward...

I am not too sure how to start this.

I made a mistake and I feel absolutely terrible. I would like some input regarding my oops.

A very nice Gentleman pre-booked me for yesterday. I was looking forward to our rendez-vous and had even purchased some special treats and made a new cd. (If you're reading this you know who you are)

Under normal circumstances I don't book on Mondays or Fridays, but occasionally I will. With the long weekend and me thinking it was Sunday; up comes said Hobbiest to the door. My housemate always answers the door if he's home. I do not hear what transpires but he comes back and says that he had said he had the wrong house. I nodded and went back to what I was doing.

Then it hit me like the Acme anvil from Bugs Bunny. Really!

In a flash the phone was on and I was communicating with my Gentleman. I was completely beside myself with what I had done. He was very gracious about it, telling me not to cry or worry. Perhaps another time.

In that itself he was a true Gentleman and Hobbiest; but...who would not feel these things:

• wasted my time preparing to come over
  • she's a flake
  • the anticipation and the letdown
  • the awkward embarrassment at the door for him
  • disappointment and perhaps anger

I'm still feeling pretty bad this morning and I need some honest input from both Hobbiests and SP's.

To our esteemed Hobbiests, I would like to know if you would book me again, if this happened to you?

To our lovely Ladies, I would like to know if this has ever happened to you?

Thank you

• Like 1

I have done this a couple of times, as if once wasn't bad enough! We sometimes can mix up our days and times, it happens. Hopefully he has seen you before, so he knows how things usually are with you in regards to being professional. We all make mistakes, no one can be 100% perfect all the time. Most people understand and will return to you. At least you called him and explained yourself;)

Miss Channel,

It has happened to me and I know exactly how you feel. It's a frustrated shame served cold with a side of acute embarrassment. We are human and and just need to accept that we make mistakes; then pray he has the forgiveness in him to give you an opportunity to make it up to him. If he does, you give it your all and he'll be thrilled with the rendezvous. I know you wouldn't ever do something like this intentionally and intention is what matters.

cat

Guest S***dst***

For your specific scenario I (personally) would have been nervous and scared to deal with a random man answering the door, especially if had not seen you before. Let down for sure and angry soon after.

I've been in MANY situations like this one, and it's really how it's handeld on the other end that makes me decide to try again.

For example:

1)Out of Ottawa, showed up at the hotel, which was also a rest home for seniors? (strange I know) Did not know where the stairs were or the elevator so I asked the front desk clerk where they were..and he wouldn't let me go up/in unless I gave him the name of the person I was seeing. Obviously not knowing her name I couldn't, explained they were waiting for me in the room # she gave me..he asked me to leave; which I did.

I contacted the lady when I got home (friends house) and she got angry at me for not showing up. Even after explaining all of the above. She eventually came to have similar issues with this same desk clerk turning away clients and down the road expressed her appaulogies for how she responded.

I have not gone back; nor do I wish too.

2) The Lady asked me to meet her at a specific location (public place) since she was going to be in the area at that time she would pick me up and both go back to her hotel; WAY more than I would ever expect.

We had never met before and this was definitly a new one to me; offering to pick me up and meet before hand.

I stood in the sub -25 degree temperature for about an hour before I decided to give up..on my way to start home she pulls up and approaches me (I told her where I would be and how Id be dressed) genuinely sorry for not calling me or letting me know she was going to be late.

I saw her many times until she retired.

People make mistakes and stuff happens, the difference is all how its handled.

Mistakes happen, and you did get on the phone right away to apologize. You have a good rep, so I'm betting he'll be making another appointment. I'm sure you'll be making his next date as memorable as possible in the way of making up.

Guest ***nsut***jr

Chanel,

The part of your post that I appreciate is that you put yourself in the guy's place so he and all of us know that you understand how he might have felt.

A mistake is a mistake and it is how you handle it that counts.

Publicly you have made a great effort to explain yourself and I am hoping that privately you can make things right.

Good luck

J

Thank you so much for your words. I think seeing both sides of the fence is imperative in this business. There are too many variables when dealing with individuals not to.

It's not like buying a suit. It's uncomfortable for a few seconds while being fitted and tailored, then you have an awesome suit.

So yes, seeing it from a Hobbiests point of view was important to me.

Thank you again.

• Like 1

Well Chanel.....If i lived in Ottawa I seriously would be calling you right now and setting up a vist with you. The situation was of course unfortunate for both of you really, accidents or difficult situations happen.....but your post was awesome, sincere and truly revealed what kind of person you are Chanel !! Very cool in Lee's eyes ;)

Life happens, to everyone Channel

I would accept the apology, tell you not to feel bad, and reschedule the encounter. I wouldn't think your a flake. This is just one of those life happens situations.

Sure I'd be disappointed, but not in you. Disappointed that a planned encounter didn't take place. As for angry, no. This wasn't malicious, just a mistake, and we are all entitled to make mistakes.

I wouldn't get too worried about it, reschedule with the gentleman and have a great encounter. And while your upset now, you two will have a little private story that you will likely have a laugh over in the future

RG

Channel, I put little into actually what happened as mistakes do happen...and much more in how you responded and how genuine and sincere I think you are. Understanding, respect and sincerity will go a long way in all kind of relationships - including client/SP. I would be back!

I'll defer to the others on this board as you sound like a really nice person, and really sorry to hear that happened.

However, I doubt I would come back ... its one thing to make a mistake, but to have that complicated exponentialy by being met at the door by a male roommate/significant other ... that's really tough. Personally, the one person in the world that I dont want to see or have anything to do with is a guy that lives with the lady in question ... that sucks all the mystery out for me, and it becomes almost a socio-biological reaction to stay away from that person as they are closely associated with someone else. I can live with that when its abstract, but not when he answers the door (smile). That would literally give me the shivers and stories like this remind me why I prefer outcall visits.

If you are really interested in getting this client back, you may want to offer him a very special financial arrangement or other "perk" (dinner or something like that). Hope this helps and best wishes.

• Like 1

I think a good spanking is in order. D)

I totally agree!

BTW, your posts the past few weeks have really added some life here. Thx, :)

This seems like an honest mistake on your part, you probably can make it up to the gentlemen in question with a perk of some sort.

I agree. An honest mistake, but a little perk (possibly a discount) on his next visit would make it up to him and make him happy.

Chanel :

be gentle with yourself ... i feel that you are beating yourself up over this ...

let it go...

r100rs

• Like 1

I would phone right away and apologize when it happens , maybe give him an extra 30 minutes for free, for his hassel and let down of not seeing you.

Chanel, even though we've never met, you sound like a very genuine person, and someone who cares about your impact on others, be it positive or negative. It seems you've been forgiven, but even after one has been forgiven and it's no longer an issue to them, the way you feel afterwards is possibly still a little guilty. I know, I've been in that situation myself before.

Now, has anything like that ever happened to me before? Yes, I've shown up for an appointment four times in a row with the same person, and each time hearing that they couldn't make it for one reason or another. The only thing is, I only found out later in the day or a couple days later, not before I showed up ringing the buzzer, waiting and waiting, only to find out she wasn't there all along. The fifth time we finally connected, I brought her a gift to show I wasn't upset, and she said my session with her was on the house as a result of what happened. I was shocked to hear that. I've seen her many times since then, and everything's been fine since.

I guess it's not so much what happened, but how you deal with what happened that's important, and both of us were understanding.

Cheers!

Thank you Muffins. And I will stop beating myself up. I just dont like the feeling. :)

Yes, stop beating yourself. And get off the cross, woman! Someone else needs the damn wood :)