I have noticed that the full service section gets full fast and then the girls get bumped off the first page. Especially on a busy day. Perhaps the Mod can have a fee to bump the adds to the first page when the adds go to the second page. Rotating the adds would give all sp's more of a chance to book. I would pay that fee. Sometimes clients don't notice the adds on the second page and then the girls have to rely on the shout box alone. If that's not possible maybe the website can be played with so that all the adds on the day posted will be on one long page until 12am.

Cerbies please give some feedback about this.

I would pay a modest fee for sure...just like those other sites :) Plus, it may be a good way for our wonderful CERB to generate more moulah!

I have to vote nay. I think as a client, we would generally see the same ladies all the time since there are only twenty lines of ads and once the ladies who had paid, had posted all other ads would be on the subsequent pages. I might be inclined to go directly to page two knowing automatically who to expect on the first. It might discourage the occasional posters as they'd always be page two ads. The rule of unintended consequences

As a rule I now browse the ads thru to the start of the day knowing that if busy they do roll over.

• Like 7

I have noticed that the full service section gets full fast and then the girls get bumped off the first page. Especially on a busy day. Perhaps the Mod can have a fee to bump the adds to the first page when the adds go to the second page. Rotating the adds would give all sp's more of a chance to book. I would pay that fee. Sometimes clients don't notice the adds on the second page and then the girls have to rely on the shout box alone. If that's not possible maybe the website can be played with so that all the adds on the day posted will be on one long page until 12am.

Cerbies please give some feedback about this.

I believe it is up to each and everyone of us to manage the times we post at and if need be, take advantage of

the '1 post per 12 hour' rule.

I see no reason to pay a fee to be bumped to the first page as it wouldn't be fair to the ladies who post a new ad

and automatically end up on the second page because of it.

First page, second page... If someone is interested in spending time with us they will find our ad and contact us

for a rendez-vous.

Edited by Ga*****la L****nce
editing 2 posts for 1 post- mistake
  • Like 4

I don't think it would discourage anyone. Other sites use this method and the girls still advertise. It's just another marketing tool the girls can use to their benefit. If they would like to be rotated to the first page they have the option to pay just like everyone else.

Or the second option to have all the adds put on that day can be placed on the one page until 12am.

I'm sure if client know who you are they would come find you but what about new clients. sometimes I get clients who strictly know me from my add that day.

Boomer and Gabriella Laurence both have valid points. So valid, in fact, that I think this may be why Cerb hasn't implemented a bump option before. It would be a nice feature, but upon reflection, I agree that it may not be for Cerb.

Posted via Mobile Device

Just from a logistical standpoint, it wouldn't work. There are only so many ladies (paid or not) whose ad can appear on the first page, so if you are the 21st one who wants to pay, it won't matter, you'll still end up on the top of the 2nd page.

I am grateful we are able to post every 12 hours and not have to pay.

• Like 3

Cerb is a great place to advertise and take part in. I appreciate the fact that it is a free and friendly site. It is nice to be able to even sudjest new ideas. I'm sure this website will elvole as the years go by with the help of suggestions and conversations.

I will not be posting twice a day but I will enjoy the shout box.

Maybe this suggestion may not work with cerbs community. I would not change how this site is managed. Although I still think that at least all the adds could be on one page the same day they are placed. Maybe that's why the 12 hour rule was implemented.

Cerb is a great place to advertise and take part in. I appreciate the fact that it is a free and friendly site. It is nice to be able to even sudjest new ideas. I'm sure this website will elvole as the years go by with the help of suggestions and conversations.

I will not be posting twice a day but I will enjoy the shout box.

Maybe this suggestion may not work with cerbs community. I would not change how this site is managed. Although I still think that at least all the adds could be on one page the same day they are placed. Maybe that's why the 12 hour rule was implemented.

There are too many SPs advertising in Ottawa on a daily basis to ensure one's ad stays on the first page. The 12 hour rule is to prevent spamming (people posting multiple times a day). I think it's the best solution.

I think guys are cognizant enough to scroll through subsequent pages.

Lol, guys don't forget about us girls on the second or third pages in the advertising section. XoXo

There are too many SPs advertising in Ottawa on a daily basis to ensure one's ad stays on the first page. The 12 hour rule is to prevent spamming (people posting multiple times a day). I think it's the best solution.

It is :)

I also think we should all be grateful and appreciate what MOD did for us a while back (2 different sections for the MAs and SPs). It really did make a huge difference for the ladies and gentlemen alike and I think everyone benefited from that split.

I think keeping things as they are is good. Dividing the SP and MA ads really improved things. I am also pretty sure most gentlemen on this site definitely make the effort to check page 2 and page 3 and even some of the later pages to see who else is kicking around. I know I do and have been rewarded with great experiences each time.

Guest Ou**or**n

I don't think you have much to be concerned about Peachy. Most guys are perfectly able to see the date and time of each post and will scroll back as many pages as they need in order to see all ads posted for the day.

To me if you post before lunch you are most likely looking for day time clients so when i come home after work and am looking for someone for tonight then I usually won't look at ads posted before noon. If however I'm looking for someone to book a few days in advance then I'll go back a day or two and look for ladies that post several days availability in their ads.

The switch to a section dedicated to FS has been a big, big benefit for clients such as myself and it is the advertising section is the number one reason I visit this site. I would find a revolving list very annoying as it would put ads on top for ladies that may already be off for the day.

A couple of things.

First: +1 on the benefits of splitting the MA and SP advertising forums for Ottawa. It's made things much cleaner. Tip o' the hat to Mod for that one.

Second: Are there seriously that many people who won't click through to page 2?

Third: if you let paid advertisers stay on the first page, you'll rapidly have to pay to get there at all. And what happens once there's enough that they won't all fit? Some kind of auction system?

Finally: Mod, if you're reading... I know you can configure how many posts appear per page when reading a thread, but would it be possible to add a config knob to allow us to fine-tune how many threads appear per page on the forum pages? This would perhaps help somewhat with the issue raised in this thread, and it'd also help with the general forum and others where there's a lot of sticky threads. Personally, I like to reduce clicking and get as much on one page as possible...

I look thru all the days ads whether on page 1 or 2.

I think most guys would, and they will pay attention to the dates on the ads when posted. If they visit less than once a day, more likely they will scan thru ads over several pages.

cerb might like to implement a bumping feature. That is something done on many different advertising sites, where the sp/mp posts one single ad, then daily (2x a day here), they go to their ad, click on the Bump (or Renew) button, and voila, it is top posted with current date and time, and does not fill the pages up. When bumping is done, the ads rotate rather than push older ads further and further away from page one.

It is hard to describe but fantastically efficient.

I should mention that most of these same sites have timers on the bump/renew feature. So if there must be a certain minimum wait time, that is worked into the countdown clock.

I am reading but hounestly if someone wants an ad to always show the banners are the choice. But i think our members are smart enough to go to the next page

I am reading but hounestly if someone wants an ad to always show the banners are the choice. But i think our members are smart enough to go to the next page

I had forgotten I was going to mention that the paid side and top banner ads are the best way to be a paid advertiser and get top spots all the time. I've always disliked the concept of some get top spot because they pay for it, and others do not because they are on a free ad site (when the ads are in the same section, that is). To me the banner ads side and top is the best and most fair solution. And there is no better way to have your ads stand out, as they are much more colourful and eyecatching than the listings of the free ads sections.

It was just something I had noticed while advertising. I thought about the bumping idea and I understand why that would not work. Perhaps Instead of Making suggestions I should have just posted a thread to remind the gentlemen that good adds are sometime on the second or third pages of the add sections. Some days they fill up quite quickly. I know that most of the gentlemen already know that there may be adds on other pages but it doesn't hurt to give out a reminder.

Making suggestions does not equal out to being ungrateful or unappreciative. It is just me trying to help out and give my opinion.

Surly making suggestions here is not discouraged. Especially when the ma, sp split was a suggestion in its self.

This is a great site and I'm certain it will evolve throughout the years to cater to clients and sps needs.

Peachy,

I really think it was a good suggestion to think about, in the end there are often two views on things. I like your ideas. I think sometimes we start something we think will promote some good discussion, but sometimes in the end it appears to be controversial than expected.

I know I started a thread recently that I was just interested in getting some views and perspectives, and in the end, it became way too conflicted.

Anyways, keep it up babe, you are a great contributor on this board. :D

It was just something I had noticed while advertising. I thought about the bumping idea and I understand why that would not work. Perhaps Instead of Making suggestions I should have just posted a thread to remind the gentlemen that good adds are sometime on the second or third pages of the add sections. Some days they fill up quite quickly. I know that most of the gentlemen already know that there may be adds on other pages but it doesn't hurt to give out a reminder.

Making suggestions does not equal out to being ungrateful or unappreciative. It is just me trying to help out and give my opinion.

Surly making suggestions here is not discouraged. Especially when the ma, sp split was a suggestion in its self.

This is a great site and I'm certain it will evolve throughout the years to cater to clients and sps needs.

Hi Peachy,

I just wanted to second most of what the General said. I thought your idea was a good suggestion. I can understand there are different points of views on the subject but even still it never hurts to suggest change. Suggestions and discussion are always good things to promote as it can lead to positive changes or even lead to new ideas that can help out the community, like the sp/mp split. If everyone kept their opinions to themselves nothing would change, and things that don't change tend to die out and I would hate to see that happen to this great community.

I just wanted to add that I always enjoy reading your posts too and I can definitely see that you put the effort into your ads, definitely keep it up :)

my dear Peachy, i and i'm sure most of the members when looking to book someone will look at all the ads for the day. i start at page one and go t'ill i see and had from the previous day.