Does anyone use them(banner ads/sponsors lists) when considering booking appts, personally I do not

Does anyone else? (use them)

Since there are 41 individual banner spaces (by my count) on the right hand side, which are all currently filled, I would say a good majority of clients pay attention to them. I can't imagine the ladies and/or agencies paying for them if they weren't returning a profit!

I don't expect bookings from my banners or buttons. They are simply another tool to solidify my brand. When someone books it's because of a combination of seening my name, exploring my ads, reading my posts and then they decide to email me. We then spend a little bit of time getting to know each other so we can see if we are compatible.

cat

• Like 3

Cat beat me to it. Banner ads aren't going to lead to an "impulse buy" so to speak but they are effective in creating brand awarness. Much like a bus ad, and when you see the same ad everywhere it sinks in to your subconscious and if the subject, product or brand is something you are interested you will eventually act on that banner, weather you realize it or not. Frosty you probably have and weren't even aware of it :)

Guest ****ven

I've been considering getting a banner ad for a while, because as discussed above it does seem to at least put yourself out there and get people to notice you. The ladies and agenciesthat use banners certainly stand out more in my mind then ones that dont!

Guess I should be jumping on the band wagon as well!

<3

In all honesty after a while I don't even see them. I for one rely on the profile as a starting point, so it's really important to make it effective, a good album for instance. I don't tend to place a lot of importance on the recos, although a thoughtful one by a member whose judgement I think is sound, may help. But one of the important aspects is they have a bit of history, and one aspect is their postings.

The last thing that can seal the deal is the way they communicate. That can start though chatting by PMs and lead to a phone conversation. This last one ensures that both parties are in tune when they get together, no misunderstandings about what to expect when getting together. You should understand that generally I'm not looking for a quikie, but for ladies I might want to repeat with.

Banner ads don't directly impact my decision, but they are frequent reminders that slowly work their way into my brain and, no doubt, will eventually influence my decision.

Most of the time I don't even look directly at them, with one exception. I always notice Sophia's...mmmmm Sophia :) Happy memories!

I have heard they are very effective means of advertising to those who do not read recos or forums at all, and may not even notice the listed ads. I imagine they give that person a signal that this is a provider who is going to be around for a while, which is good information.

I guess starting a thread about them doesnt hurt either

But no one so far posting has used them ? (hobbiests I mean)

As far as brand recognition ,the size they are now ,postage stamp , are a tad small there are 2 " of gray down each side of the page use these areas for bigger ads plus more space to put them (for cerbs benefit since they charge for the space)and link them to more pages (cerb could charge for this as well more links more money)

I wonder if people would use the ads more in that scenario

Maybe your browser is not set up properly, the banners are standard size in addition to the button ads on the right margin of the page. There are lots of advertising and branding opportunities available to providers and other related businesses as listed here http://www.cerb.ca/advertise/

As for any one "using" them, I can't speak for CERB, but I know the click through rate for banner ads on my site is respectable with banners being click on average 7 out of 10 times displayed, depending of course on the content.

In short, in my opinion they do work and are effective for both clients and sps.

Well I certainly don't mind the banner ads and kind of like the fact that Emily Rushton's amazing sparkly eyes are usually staring at me when I log into CERB.

One other lady I know has a regular Sponsor's List ad so it's a convenient link to her web site whenever I want to go there.

Hey, CERB is so wonderful and free (to those that don't buy advertising) it has to be supported by advertising.

Of course only the advertisers could tell you how effective they really are or at least we would hope they would know.

In all honesty after a while I don't even see them.

Yes you do. Your conscious mind may skip past them without a second thought, but we're all nevertheless picking up on them and storing that information away, somewhere. And at some point it'll bubble up again...

I'll freely concede that a banner ad alone isn't going to seal the deal - but if the fact that it's in the hindmost recesses of your mind means you click on one profile rather than another.... well who's to say it's not worthwhile? There's a *lot* about advertising that's not all that well understood...

I noticed them a lot more when I was quite new here. Now they seem to blend in. But like Phaedrus has said, I wouldn't be surprised if they are subconsciously in my mind. I know after watching an ad for Subway, I had the sudden urge to have a sub. These ads can act as a reminder to clients who have already visited a certain SP or MA to relive their experience in their mind and drive them to go for it again.

When it comes to agencies and Spa's we have to buy them in order to advertize on Cerb.

Not that it's a bad thing, I think they do have a subliminal message effect and def doesn't hurt.

OK... I'll be the first to admit I do use them. I find them a easier to locate a specific lady I have in mind rather than searching through the forums. AND I like them... they are not overbearing, off to the side and quick and easy to use.

Well I certainly don't mind the banner ads and kind of like the fact that Emily Rushton's amazing sparkly eyes are usually staring at me when I log into CERB.

That is one effective banner ad, you can't help but notice her eyes staring at you.

• Like 1

Well, I do look at banners, but not that regularly...

The recent posts in this reco thread suggest that many are just not paying ANY attention to the rhs banners.

Interesting, indeed.

Best,

toine

Guest S***dst***

Touching on the "subliminal message" thing.. I present the following in regards to advertising.

Think about it...

Additional Comments:

BTW you should also check out the other 3 videos by this user they are also very interesting with memory involvement and brain manipulation

Edited by S***dst***