Halifax Revisited - Meet and Greet

Are Taloon and Lana Lane attending as well?

I made the suggestion in a pm to MrNice that he extend a personal invitation to Taloon and I know that he has. I would suggest that others might also do so as I think he hasn't been persuaded at this point.

• Like 2

...I think he hasn't been persuaded at this point.

I wonder why?... I feel that Taloon should be given a lot of credit for getting the ball rolling on the initial foray into organizing a meet and greet, as well as his dedication, enthusiasm and hard work in trying to make it happen. We'd love to have him, and I for one hope we see him there!

• Like 1

I haven't logged in in a while. I huge smile came to my face when I saw that this event was still going ahead.

Can't wait to meet you all (and see some of you again) and have a great evening.

As of this moment we have 21 confirmed attendees with a virtual even split between men and women and I am very excited not only by our numbers but also by the equal representation of both SPs and hobbyists. It is really nice to see how we have so many well respected members who have decided to come. I have three additional people that I am waiting to hear from to confirm, so with these numbers and with the space that we have arranged, I declare that the social is full! :)

I have also for better or worse, right or wrong, declined several members who are brand new to CERB, solely because I wish this to be a gathering of knowledgeable and informed people that have already earned the respect that I am sure will shine through on the 22nd. Hopefully these people will become active Cerb members in the future and will be able to take part in the next event, whenever that may happen.

Again I do not wish to make lots of rules, but be sure to reread the initial post in the Meet and Greet thread, and keep in mind the obvious - that we are in public, that discretion is a critical part of the evening, and all the simple things as well, such as cameras would not be welcome, and so on.

Two weeks from today is the first Maritime social and I am pretty excited about being able to be a part of that. I know that we will have people from four provinces attending and that is pretty cool!

Those attending the social keep an eye on your PM box for an update on where things stand and eventually for a specific location. Thanks to those who have been helping in the last few days with suggestions and especially to Katherine for her help and wisdom.

• Like 1

Congrats Mrnice for making this happen. I really wish I could make it. Hopefully this will be the first event of this kind and I'll be able to make the next one.

Have fun everyone.

Porthos

Well done everyone for pulling this off - I hope you all have a blast!

Unfortunately, I couldn't fit it into my schedule, but hopefully this event is a success, and there are others to follow!

Cheers to all!

Guest SeventyTwoSinner

Unfortuntely I can't make it this time...:(

If you're confirmed for the social, and are up-to-date on all your PMs ;),

then you'll know this as of a few minutes ago!

I'm confirmed to be in attendance in Halifax on the 22nd! So pumped to

meet you all! - new and old friends alike! :)

I'll warn you beforehand that I'm one of those people that are more

comfortable in their introversion, than large groups of people, or crowds!

That's not to say that I'm anti-social - far from it! I am really excited

already, and we are gonna have some fun!!! ;)

See you in 2 weeks, lovely people!!!

FR

P.S. Remains to be seen what we'll all call each other. :)

I believe you are my friend, until you give me reason to prove me wrong.

*** Peace, love and happiness ***

I have to give special thanks to mrnice2 for all that he has done and endured putting this event together and to Katherine my dear friend for assisting.

It amazing to see the amount of members from away that will be attending and many that I have waited so long to finally meet, I look forward to seeing and reconnecting with the members that I have met.

This is going to be a great evening and surely a night to remember!

The Count Down is On!!:icon_biggrin:

All My Love,

Lexy

As of this moment we have 21 confirmed attendees with a virtual even split between men and women and I am very excited not only by our numbers but also by the equal representation of both SPs and hobbyists. It is really nice to see how we have so many well respected members who have decided to come. I have three additional people that I am waiting to hear from to confirm, so with these numbers and with the space that we have arranged, I declare that the social is full! :)

I have also for better or worse, right or wrong, declined several members who are brand new to CERB, solely because I wish this to be a gathering of knowledgeable and informed people that have already earned the respect that I am sure will shine through on the 22nd. Hopefully these people will become active Cerb members in the future and will be able to take part in the next event, whenever that may happen.

Again I do not wish to make lots of rules, but be sure to reread the initial post in the Meet and Greet thread, and keep in mind the obvious - that we are in public, that discretion is a critical part of the evening, and all the simple things as well, such as cameras would not be welcome, and so on.

Two weeks from today is the first Maritime social and I am pretty excited about being able to be a part of that. I know that we will have people from four provinces attending and that is pretty cool!

Those attending the social keep an eye on your PM box for an update on where things stand and eventually for a specific location. Thanks to those who have been helping in the last few days with suggestions and especially to Katherine for her help and wisdom.

I 100% agree with your thinking. I would like to see this as a tradition here in the East! The right mix of ppl is important!

I hope that anyone who was declined, will begin to participate more, so we can "get to know" you more, then please join us for a meet and greet!

Mrnice, you are a smart man! Thanks so much for looking after us!

Katherine...you are the glue that hold us together here in East:)

I'd like to join Lexy and Sophia in expressing my appreciation for all the behind-the-scenes acrobatics that MN2 and Katherine have been doing, mostly unbeknownst to us... and of course anyone else that has helped out in some way towards the cause of this social.

Thank-yous and kudos to you both and see you all in 12 days!

BYOPH (Bring Your Own Party Hats)

FR

• Like 1

The countdown is on and we have Cerb members from five provinces who will be in attendance.

It is going to be a fun evening. :)

The countdown is on and we have Cerb members from five provinces who will be in attendance.

It is going to be a fun evening. :)

Wowie!! who knew our first social would turn out like this!! I am so excitted about this:) We will make great memories:)

Wowie!! who knew our first social would turn out like this!! I am so excitted about this:) We will make great memories:)

But just remember, Sophia, what happens in Halifax, stays in Halifax....(or was that Vegas), lol?

• Like 1

All I have to say is look out, its going to be the party of the summer. I may even change my dress as the evening passes.

Some of you already know I have quite a wardrobe !! Don't worry mrrnice2 I have already worn this dress and it has passed the public eye. :biggrin:

• Like 3

Am dreaming......

Thanks to all for this thread, this opportunity, this moment-in-time, think I'm going to cry - well maybe not - emote selectively as some guys do (me).

Can't wait!

G11

We now do indeed have 25 people that I am expecting in Halifax on the 22nd. I am pretty excited about it as I originally thought that there might be only half a dozen who might be interested.

I have been tied up with company for the last while but by tomorrow evening(Tuesday) I shall send a PM to all of the people who are attending with a bit more information.

I can see that I am going to have my hands full containing Katherine. Hmm, did that come out right?

Whoo Hooo Halifax.

• Like 2

I am going to take this opportunity to wish everyone who is attending I great time and congratulate all those who organized this event. If memory serves this event was first discussed last summer and now it is finally going to happen. Sadly I will not be able to attend due to a combination of geography and marriage (mostly marriage) but I really, really, really wish I could be in attendance!

Best of luck everyone and enjoy yourselves.

Oh, one last thing Cathy (still Cathy to me) has one hell of a wardrobe so it should be an interesting night. It's too bad it wasn't a closed venue because some of her more adventurous ensembles are quite stunning...and adventurous!

• Like 2

I'm hoping to be able to swing by this shindig. I'll help you out, mrnice and try to contain Katherine as well :)

• Like 2

Whoo Hooo. Details all falling into place. All those who have confirmed for the social should have received a PM from me this evening with a few more details. If you did not get it, then be sure to let me know.

A week from Friday people from five provinces meet in Halifax. I wonder if I can get a grant from Tourism Nova Scotia. What could be a better theme for promoting Nova Scotia as a focal gathering place for good times.

See you all very soon. :)

I'm hoping to be able to swing by this shindig. I'll help you out, mrnice and try to contain Katherine as well :)

I am sure MrNice will appreciate the help Andy..... but.....Jesus man good luck with containing Katherine ;)

• Like 2