What is for supper tonight?

Chicken-ghetti - made with oven roasted chicken thighs and a tomato rosemary marinara sauce over whole wheat spaghetti pasta. Yum.

Here is a pic of a lovely meal I had when visiting my friends in Veradero, Cuba. My friend went into the ocean with a net, looped it, then went back in and pulled out lobster and red snapper for us to enjoy! Now that is fresh!! From the ocean to the table all in a matter of hours.

150683_459451017442729_491243681_n.jpg

Thanks to my Cuban family:)

• Like 1

it was from lastnight but I seasoned up some chicken breast with Montreal Chicken spice and baked it and made mashed potatoes and Broccoli for the sides mmm

Korean style marinated grilled flank steak. Thinly sliced onto a toasted kaiser bun with caramelized onions, roasted red pepper aioli and ripe avocado. Covered in provolone and lightly broiled.

Superbowl party tonight. Making Serbian cevapcici, ajvar, and lepinja. Plus some appetizers like puff pastry sausage rolls and spinach wheels. Made triple chocolate brownies and dulce due leche cheesecake bars too. Gonna be good.

• Like 1

Guest S**a*Q

Spinach salad with cucumbers, tomatoes, celery and a rare (barely heated) strip loin steak cut into strips with a homemade balsamic and dijon dressing.

Take one mixing bowl, add three cups of Kellogg's Crispix, mix in a half cup of Sunmaid raisins and two Dole banannas (thinly sliced). Then stir in one and a half cups of ice cold Sealtest 1% milk. Sit, eat.

Yep, I had cereal for dinner.

Edited by emiafish
I can't spell cerial, serial, frigg! cereal worth a damn.

Perogies, fried onions, lots of sour cream, and pea meal bacon ... Oh, and a big green salad so there is at least some nod towards being healthy

Tonight will be mac & cheese again, but I'd better run and make some fresh breadcrumbs!

In worse news, the St-Albert Cheese Factory burned down over the weekend. It may take the better part of a year to get them back up and running. Huge local employer! I heard something about their having a factory in Québec too, so hopefully we can continue to enjoy their cheese. But man. Too many fires out here.

• Like 2

I'm with Isabella ... it's Shrove Tuesday, so it's gotta be pancakes.

We had fabulous blueberry pancakes, extra crispy bacon, and lots and lots of real maple syrup.

• Like 1