What is for supper tonight?

Tacos. Only mistake, got the mild, kinda bland. But have Tabasco, kicked it up a notch

Topped them with tomatoes, onion, cheese and sour cream

Followed with desert, Hagen Das cherry chocolate chunk ice cream

RG

• Like 1

It was inevitable...sooner or later I would need to try this odd food. My neighbor gave me a fresh turducken yesterday. Not sure why but she did. As opposed to throwing it in the freezer, I decided to cook it today. Smells like thanksgiving!

I was uber greasy and the stuffing was way too spicy. It would be better if they removed the skin from the chicken and the duck before assembling. The actual meat was tasty tho. I basically tossed the skin and stuffing and kept all the meat for sandwiches.

I just bought a Campbell's favorite recipes book and all the recipes are super easy and super yummy looking. mmm, mmm, good.

I'm particularly interested in the easy chicken and biscuits.

Recently I have had a craving for fried rice. I got eat that stuff continually. Little garlic flavoured oil in the pan, some minced onions, peppers, what ever else you want. Some soy sauce and you are golden. Top it off on plate with some hoisin and Siracha. Damn I am hungry again. Ate it with an asian flavoured meatloaf I made with ground turkey. Comfort food for a cold winter night.

Morning all. Was restless and needed something to keep my mind occupied, so made up elk burgers for supper tonight! Less fat than turkey, way more protein than lean beef! Chopped up shallots, red onion, mushrooms, bran, two eggs, a dash of shiraz and two cloves of Russian garlic. They will now sit in the fridge until I bbq tonight. Root veggies already cut up (parsnip, turnip, sweet potato, carrots plus mushrooms all being marinated with a garlic infused oil and a shot of Bush Mills). (and no I did not taste test the Bush Mills or Shiraz before breakfast! I save both for dinner).

Oh yes, I have dough in the breadmaker for some sour dough buns for dinner as well.

• Like 1

I made a pork tenderlion, but used a Maple Rye to create a glaze! I really enjoy drinking a nice rye with gingerale, but when I bought this maple rye, I was sourly disappionted with it.

So now it has become my cooking rye, also did a nice salmon with it! At least it wont go to waste:)

Pork chops with a pepper rub, mashed potatoes (with lots of butter), green beans, garden salad and fresh crusty bread. A tankhouse ale to wash it down.

Porthos

Today it was my turn to cook. I placed in a glass baking dish 5 boneless pork chops, cut each in half, smoothered them in paprika, red onions, garlic, covered them with thinly sliced raw potatoes (carefully washed and cleaned, but not peeled), then covered the potatoes with freshly grated cheddar and parmesan cheese. It was then baked for an hour and a half and served with steamed brocolli.

My three sons, my wife, and I, ate it without a single complaint, and there were no leftovers.

• Like 1

Sannies of fresh liverwurst, vidalia onion slices, olive oil mayo, on rye. Sweet potato fries, deli Greek pepper salad.

BBQ back ribs (grocery store had them already cooked) and a baked potato smothered in butter and sour cream. Washed down with Becks no alcohol beer

RG

Tonight I'm making west Indian Curried Chicken roti, from scratch, for my best friend. We've been huge roti fans for ever and it was so sad when Caribbean Flavours closed...it's my first time trying, wish me luck!

• Like 2

Earlier this week, a visitor brought me some sweet corn he'd grown. I had it tonight for dinner with a little butter and a sprinkle of salt, alongside a steak. Mmmm! Tasted just like August!

(I love a man who brings me gifts from his kitchen or garden.)

I am sitting in my hotel room....anxiously awaiting delivery of my pepperoni, Italian sausage, bacon, mushroom and extra cheese pizza !!! and Hot wings :) I am starved !!!!

scrambled eggs, extra crispy bacon, baked beans with maple syrup. Whole wheat toast with jam.

Breakfast for dinner ... heaven