Alcohol consumption on dates?

I have had alot of sober dates lol..But I do enjoy a nice cold beverage before my date arrives to tame the nerves.. Is this not okay? Most my clients are okay with it however I wonder if this is the truth...

Ladies,gents your oponions??

Pleae dont make me feel horrible if none of you have a glass before your encounter...LOL.

If I could smell alcohol on your breath it would be a turn off for me, other than that it wouldn't bother me to know that you had a beer/shot/glass of wine before the date.

I have had alot of sober dates lol..But I do enjoy a nice cold beverage before my date arrives to tame the nerves.. Is this not okay? Most my clients are okay with it however I wonder if this is the truth...

Ladies,gents your oponions??

Pleae dont make me feel horrible if none of you have a glass before your encounter...LOL.[/Quote]

I can't speak for anyone else but I have no issue with my date having a social drink before I arrive or with me. That said I am not comfortable with my date drinking to the point of inebriation just as I am sure she would not appreciate me showing up a little tipsy.

• Like 2

...But I do enjoy a nice cold beverage before my date arrives to tame the nerves.. Is this not okay?

Well I personally don't see anything wrong with this.

However you mention to "tame the nerves" which implies that you have consumed enough to alter your mood so that is a matter for concern because that then leads me to my belief that whenever anyone is known to be under the influence of any mood altering drug (including alcohol) any state of consensual consent that may have existed no longer does.

So the question then becomes at what point have you consumed enough alcohol to alter your mood and/or judgement such that it needs to be considered in this way?

Detecting alcohol because you had one drink is not a problem for me but if I think you are under the influence we have a problem.

Would you be offended if I asked you to stretch out your arm and then touch your nose? :) If you wouldn't do this (or tried and failed) I think I have a right to end our appointment.

Please note that I often have a glass of wine with a lady so everything in moderation.

• Like 6

I would agree with the group on this one. A social drink would not put me off. However I would be concerned meeting a lady who was visibly intoxicated. As backrubman mentioned would the encounter still be considered consentual if one party were visibly intoxicated.

I think this would be more of a safety issue as Emily mentioned - is a person's judgement still as sharp after several drinks. If there is the perception that a lady is a bit tipsy then that could invite some less than gentlemanly behavior from a client who thinks he can take advantage. This would be totally and utterly wrong in everyway and should never happen - but there is always a potential for a bad date.

Although not likely but still possible, should some sort of emergency happen during the appointment and for example there is a need to drive to the hospital, would someone after having several drinks be in a condidtion to drive? This works both ways whether it be the lady or the gentleman.

In moderation the scenarios I've illustrated above are not likely but one should always be aware of their situation and their safety.

Just my 2 cents worth (and I'm not trying to be the resident party-pooper)

• Like 1

I do not think any of my guests would be offended especially in the evening. Actually many of my friends bring me a bottle of red wine as its no secret wine is my beverage of choice! :icon_smile:

White is my choice as you know Cathy but the red we had was divine (PM me the name, you know I've been on the hunt for a red forever and a day lol) but I am always open to trying new things/drinks.

I will have a glass of wine while getting ready, it gets me excited and nothing more, I'm dancing around, doing my hair and make-up and having fun, preparing to meet with a "friend" (Gent/female/couple) or I have a nice glass while in the bubble bath, I need to be fresh and clean and may save half the glass or another for my getting ready ritual. Do I need it no, like a glass or two. Yes!!

The wine I like/choose and most know what I like either have a bottle of it to enjoy together and one as a gift. The wine I like has a very low alcohol content and I'm not in to the hard stuff. If we have drinks that I have never tried/had and trust said person not to try anything foul, I go with the flow and may have a couple drinks but no matter what I'm always aware and I love to have a glass of wine or cocktail with a "friend", chat, explore new things and well you know somewhat the rest but a nice drink and conversation is a good ice breaker but if my "friend" doesn't drink, I'm cool with that as well and ask when making arrangements. Depending on the duration I may take my car but it only takes one time and drinking while intoxicated can change your life forever. May be one beer but that's it and it's usually a 2+hrs encounter, even if it was not intended to be. Taking a taxi is more responsible than taking a life, ruining a life or losing yours or the way it was.

Hanging out with the gals, that's another story and our fun memories. Let loose, have fun and no need to be on edge about a "friend" trying take advantage of me if I had one too many. Safety is a major reason I'm a low volume companion and spread out encounters hours apart.

That is why with experience comes a great gut feeling, that rarely if at all fails an experienced companion. With that said, no matter how experienced the companion may be sometimes things can and do happen, unfortunately.

Lexy

For me, as a gentleman who prefers an outcall, I, after contacting the lady and making final arrangements for our encounter, always ask what would she like to drink (be it wine, beer, juice, water etc) And I always open bottle in front of her, even with ladies who I have had repeat encounters with. But me, there is very much a social aspect to an encounter, the sitting down over a drink having a conversation, getting to know one another or with ladies I've seen before, getting caught up.

Now, (and maybe I'm reading too much into your post, if so apologies ahead of time) do you dislike being an SP. Are you having a drink before an encounter because you really don't like having encounters, and need the drink to go through with it. Like I said, maybe I'm reading too much into your post, if so, I do apologize

Also, as Emily points out, you thought processes wouldn't be as good. Not only would I find a intoxicated lady showing up unappealing, (and as someone who mostly does outcalls, very indiscrete) she has to be concerned for her own safety. While most of us here are gentlemen, there are unfortunately some men out there who wouldn't think twice about taking advantage of such a situation. Alcohol reduces inhibitions. And the lady may do things that cross boundaries which could have serious repercussions that she wouldn't do sober. One that immediately comes to mind, unprotected sex

My advice, don't drink before an encounter

RG

For me, as a gentleman who prefers an outcall, I, after contacting the lady and making final arrangements for our encounter, always ask what would she like to drink (be it wine, beer, juice, water etc) And I always open bottle in front of her, even with ladies who I have had repeat encounters with. But me, there is very much a social aspect to an encounter, the sitting down over a drink having a conversation, getting to know one another or with ladies I've seen before, getting caught up.

Now, (and maybe I'm reading too much into your post, if so apologies ahead of time) do you dislike being an SP. Are you having a drink before an encounter because you really don't like having encounters, and need the drink to go through with it. Like I said, maybe I'm reading too much into your post, if so, I do apologize

Also, as Emily points out, you thought processes wouldn't be as good. Not only would I find a intoxicated lady showing up unappealing, (and as someone who mostly does outcalls, very indiscrete) she has to be concerned for her own safety. While most of us here are gentlemen, there are unfortunately some men out there who wouldn't think twice about taking advantage of such a situation. Alcohol reduces inhibitions. And the lady may do things that cross boundaries which could have serious repercussions that she wouldn't do sober. One that immediately comes to mind, unprotected sex

My advice, don't drink before an encounter

RG

I am going to touch on three areas of your post.

Firstly if Amelia or any other SP dislikes being an SP or wants a career change it would be best left her to do decide. Asking or offering such an opinion in a public manner, in my opinion, is not respectful in any shape or form.

Secondly she never once mentioned consuming enough drinks that she became or becomes intoxicated. I am sure she is aware of her safety and would or does not consume to the point of intoxication. We shouldn't assume or imply otherwise!

Yes serious repercussions can occur due to alcohol or a multitude of other factors but implying that unsafe could occur between this SP or any other and their client is in my opinion disrespectful!

I don't think a single glass of wine or shot before an appointment is a problem if the provider is low volume. If she's seeing 10 clients for 15min appointments a day...that could be an issue. The bottom line is that she is comfortable with it.

I don't indulge before guests because there are no jitters but a photo shoot? I start with 2 shots of tequilla before I'm out of the shower! Then I continue to sip from a flask until the ordeal is over. I don't get drunk but I definitely mellow out and don't throw up during every costume change...

cat

• Like 1

I don't think a single glass of wine or shot before an appointment is a problem if the provider is low volume. If she's seeing 10 clients for 15min appointments a day...that could be an issue. The bottom line is that she is comfortable with it.

I don't indulge before guests because there are no jitters but a photo shoot? I start with 2 shots of tequilla before I'm out of the shower! Then I continue to sip from a flask until the ordeal is over. I don't get drunk but I definitely mellow out and don't throw up during every costume change...

cat

No jitters to the point where I need a drink prior but I do get nervous meeting someone new and hopeful that I live up to what they have read or the opinion they have formed, I'm always honest and tell them "I was a little nervous meeting you" but that's after the nerves have settled 10 minutes max usually during chat time.

I'm the same with photo shoots and modeled for 23 years but as a companion, it is so much different than being a "short" swimsuit/lingerie and magazine/catalogs model. I like to feel a bit warm and loose/limber during a companion photo shoot.

Lexy

Firstly if Amelia or any other SP dislikes being an SP or wants a career change it would be best left her to do decide. Asking or offering such an opinion in a public manner, in my opinion, is not respectful in any shape or form.

Secondly she never once mentioned consuming enough drinks that she became or becomes intoxicated. I am sure she is aware of her safety and would or does not consume to the point of intoxication. We shouldn't assume or imply otherwise!

I think RG only went that far afield because he has no experience or recent experience with alcohol so he is understandably a little scared of the stuff because he can't touch it at all. I know he is a complete gentleman and meant no disrespect.

And Ameila is just trying to overcome the nervous pre-encounter jitters which I guess I am a dead man as I no longer get them.

I say we cut them both some slack :)

• Like 4

Okay I've noticed that everyone here starts out their reply with " I dont have an issue with one drink but if she was intoxicated.." All she asked was what is your opinion if the lady has A Drink, not a few. just one, I dont mean this rudely at all I just feel like what she said was taken way out of context

• Like 1

Speaking personally, I don't care what you do before we meet, provided I can't tell :) If you want to have a glass of wine while you get ready, then that's your business, and I probably won't notice; smelling it isn't an issue if you've just had a little because we all use mouthwash before we meet (right?). But as others have said... if the door opens and either person is visibly under the influence, that's probably the end of it.

During the date... depends. If I'm meeting someone new, I'll either not drink at all, or have a glass of wine at the outside. Once I know someone better then we'll both have a much better idea of how much we can relax and indulge, and that's entirely up to the individuals in question.

• Like 3

I do not think any of my guests would be offended especially in the evening. Actually many of my friends bring me a bottle of red wine as its no secret wine is my beverage of choice! :icon_smile:

Posted in the wrong spot and now my words my be considered high jacking . Katherine has re thought!!

Edited by Katherine
wrong section for my rant!
  • Like 1

Okay I've noticed that everyone here starts out their reply with " I dont have an issue with one drink but if she was intoxicated.." All she asked was what is your opinion if the lady has A Drink, not a few. just one, I dont mean this rudely at all I just feel like what she said was taken way out of context

I think the point's worth making, though. Different people do have different ideas of what "just one" drink means. And sometimes one drink arrives in many glasses...

• Like 1

Commentspostnotes_pos.gif

stevecurious:

Oh Cathy I couldn't keep up to if you had a drink or two...but I would have fun tryin!!!

postnotes_pos.gif

Lexy Grace:

Yeah baby! The red we had was devine! Big Hugs, Lexy

postnotes_pos.gif

aubreyxxx:

Steve you couldnt even keep up to me

Oh my Steve, Aubrey and Cathy, PEI just grew I am sure, Kinksters unite!!!

Oh my Steve, Aubrey and Cathy, PEI just grew I am sure, Kinksters unite!!!

Now that would be one hell of an evening!

I don't think it's an unreasonable response to her question about having a drink to say one drink is not an issue. For some people one drink can have a calming effect on them while others need more than 1 drink.

I do think implying she has a drinking problem or saying she drinks because she doesn't like being an SP is going overboard.

• Like 4

I don't think it's an unreasonable response to her question about having a drink to say one drink is not an issue. For some people one drink can have a calming effect on them while others need more than 1 drink.

I do think implying she has a drinking problem or saying she drinks because she doesn't like being an SP is going overboard.

Exactly the point I was attempting to make earlier! Ladies reputations and business have been harmed by less in the past. I wonder if Amelia is starting to regret asking her original question?

• Like 6

If the lady wants to get a bit intoxicated, she better do it with me during our encounter. :)

I'm not a big drinker by any means, but hey, if I do drink, why not be drinking with a special "friend"

Wow this thread went not the way I was hoping at all lol...I ment one drink before my first date of the day(not necessarly in the morning)and only that one date..Yes its a nerv thing for me.(My own preferences)Usually a cooler or cocktail is what I have.(For example) It could be a sunny afternoon and im getting my nails done before a date and the salon offers a cocktail with your mani/pedi... Thats not wrong to have a drink I dont think..I would never impare my judgement in situations like this,as yes I have to be incontrol for many reasons... I rarely drink with clients but some have brought bottles of wine and more often then not I decline to have a glass with him. I have never been drunk in front of a client. Also like to add I understand clients do not want alcohol on anyones breath or smoke for that matter..

I just wanted to know if you indulge in a beer/glass of wine before your date but now I would like to take that question back haha..

• Like 1