Waht is your favorite takeout food?

What is your favorite take out food? It's fun to indulge in something a little unhealthy from time to time- Mine is KFC-my regular order is 5 pieces-2 breasts, 3 drumsticks, family fries, med gravy, med coleslaw and a lardge drink-yum!

Burger King's Double Whopper with cheese but it's got to be 6 million calories :) So if I have one around lunch time I won't be eating again today.

Burger King's Double Whopper with cheese but it's got to be 6 million calories :) So if I have one around lunch time I won't be eating again today.

OHHH- the whopper, the best burger! BRM- eat away! No need to worry about calories, enjoy, enjoy, there is only one thing better than food, ........

DOGS! Bet you thought I was going to say something else, lol, that to though!

Additional Comments:

My favorite take-outs are Chinese and Indian. I love the taste and aroma - so irresistable!

I love chinese take out, have never tried Indian, not experienced with their cuisine, must try, thanks:icon_biggrin:- ran out of ability to give rep points again!

Edited by cr**tyc***es
spelling-again!

Without a doubt may favorite take out is Chinese. I love moo goo guy pan, pah guy, beef and broccoli, lemon chicken, etc. I love Schezwan but sadly it doesn't love me.

• Like 1

I love chinese take out,have never tried Indian, not experienced with their cuisine, must try, thanks:icon_biggrin:- ran out of ability to give rep points again!

Indian food is spicy but flavorful. If you are not used to it, try a mild curry dish first - either vegetable or with meat such as chicken, seafood, lamb or beef. Eaten with nan (flat) bread or rice, it is heavenly!icon14.gif

Edited by Luckyme
spelling

When I lived in Toronto it was Chinese (The Good View), When I lived in Calgary it was Pizza (Spiros), On Occasion the Golden Arches fill that void, with hours of bloated-ness to follow....These days a great Greek Salad hits the spot....

Now and then I like to stop by one of the chip trucks for a feed of poutine. It's kind of a hit on the cholesterol but as long as it's not too often, what the hell.

For me it's from the Italian/Greek restaurant up the street

Either their spaghetti and meatballs or pork souvlaki (comes with a greek salad)

There is enough spaghetti for two meals (so I re-heat one at work for lunch) The only thing is the sauce is a bit on the sweet side, so adding tabasco to the spaghetti works like a charm

The souvlaki I order with extra tzatziki sauce.

Due to the garlic I never eat either one the week of an encounter :-)

RG

• Like 1

Romano's Pizza from Brandon, Manitoba Yup... Brandon, Manitoba .... Yum Yum Yum

Buffalo wings from Hooters in Orlando ...Airport location by the Holiday Inn. I went to pick up an order of wings after a long day of meetings and the waitress just going off shift that I got to know over a couple nights prior.... came with the wings :) That sounds bad and I feel so easy but takeout has never just been the same ;)

I'm going to have to say poutine tied for first place with pizza. Especially if it is a Canadian pizza from Colonnade on Metcalfe - none better in the city.

I forgot one, it's not take out per se, but sometimes I'll take the drive to the cheese factory, pick up a bag of fresh curd, and bring that home for dinner with a Becks no alcohol beer...yummm

RG

I forgot one, it's not take out per se, but sometimes I'll take the drive to the cheese factory, pick up a bag of fresh curd, and bring that home for dinner with a Becks no alcohol beer...yummm

RG

I love cheese Curds. Probably a favorite snack food. I can remember on long road trips my dad would stop at a cheese factory and get a bag of curd for the trip. Awesome!! A great taste and a great memory of childhood vacations.

Today, i love Indian for take away.

Porthos

Guest jake_cdn

For me it is Donair ... Donair ... Donair.

Not too often but reminds me of university. For a change-up I like Five Guys.

Beef shawarma with garlic sauce, onions and pickles from 3 Brothers on Dalhousie or a double cheese burger with bacon at McDonald's.

Beef shawarma with garlic sauce, onions and pickles from 3 Brothers on Dalhousie or a double cheese burger with bacon at McDonald's.

Oh, yes, beef shawarma with garlic sauce plus home-fried potatoes/garlic sauce are my favorites too. I prefer to eat in the restaurant because it is pretty messy when I bring it home. One thing though, I will stop eating any garlic or strong smelling food a few days before my dates with SP's - just out of respect or so they won't kick me out, lol..

• Like 1

I have two go to take out foods and I am particular to certain restaurants.

1. Burritos-from that place in the market building in Ottawa. Corazón De Maíz

You should get the pork with everything on it. It is so good!

2. Of course being in Ottawa the next one is shawarma. And since "3 Brothers" has taken over I only go to Shwarma Palace on Rideau. I find that if I have to wait in a line that goes on forever the food is going to be super fresh.

Indian for me, but I always end up eating enough for about eight and then regretting it.

And shawarma, provided it won't matter that I stink of stale garlic for the next few days