Your favorite pet-and why

If you have a pet what is it- dog, cat, bird, rodent , reptile...and why did you choose it.

I love:icon_biggrin: dogs-have 2 now, I choose dogs because they are loyal, their love is unconditional, non judgemental, they love to play, are cuddly, cute and cause me to be active.

• Like 2

Guest S**a*Q

I have a plant, well plants, and they are the perfect pet for me. No responsibility required! :D

I've had cats my entire life. My mom always had dogs, and I've also always lived with roommates with dogs, so I've always been a happy step-parent to dogs. I can't say why I love cats so much, they've always just been a part of my life. There were a few years around University when I didn't share my life with a cat, and it felt sad. When I adopted my big guy nine years ago I knew it was the right choice, and we've added two more felines to our family since then. My cats are all quirky, adorable, and funny, and I can't imagine my life without them.

I love my little dog dearly! She makes me smile whenever I see her or think of her and, she warms my heart! She gives me her unconditional love and affection.

• Like 1

I am a major animal lover in general! I have two cats and an awesome little dog who goes everywhere with me! (Some of you have even been lucky enough to meet him! lol) They all have their own unique personalities, and are special in their own ways!

picture.php?albumid=5748&pictureid=36627

There is not much better than our daily morning snuggle fests! :D

• Like 1

a dog definately ... currently a female west highland white terrier

I don't understand why anyone would want a cat, unless of course, you miss being ignored by someone or something

a dog has an owner ... a cat has staff

I have always been more of a dog person. We had a couple while growing up and everyone in my family is allergic to cats, so that pretty much narrowed down the selection from the get go.

There's so many cools things about the human-dog relationship because for the last 10,000 years or so we've been living with each other. A dog will take physical, emotional and verbal cues from humans like no other animal, including chimps.

Well I've been fortunate with my last three cats, they all had personalities, and were/are great company. Mine right now is on my desk very interested in what I'm doing on the computer...if he only knew LOL

My cats always greeted me at the front door when I came home, including the one who lets me own him now. I had a cat who was an outside cat, when I drove into the driveway, she would run, jump on the hood of my truck, then onto the roof of the cab and peer in upside down into the cab to see me

RG

• Like 1

Cleo, Lucky, Emily, Bailey, RG- thanks for your comments:icon_biggrin:-ran out of rep points again, pets are the best, no matter what you have and love, just love!

I have always been an animal lover and pet owner so I am more than happy to contribute my two cents. I have had a cat, a different one of course, for my entire life. My SO hates them but if she wanted me...she had to take the cat too!

On a related note my property is rampant with animals such as foxes, squirrels, various birds, frogs, etc. so I make sure to "place" leftovers in the areas far away from the house so as to make sure they have a little extra from time to time. Placing the food in far away, quiet areas that are different each time assures the animals don't become dependent. Well too dependent anyways.

Cleo, Lucky, Emily, Bailey, RG- thanks for your comments:icon_biggrin:-ran out of rep points again, pets are the best, no matter what you have and love, just love!

I would like to thank you for starting an interesting thread such as this, Cristy. It shows that you have a kind heart and are an animal-lover. :icon_smile:

I agree with Cristy I have had 3 dogs in 50yrs and even though each one had its own unique personality, little quirks or funny moments they all had one thing in common unconditional love.

I would like to thank you for starting an interesting thread such as this, Cristy. It shows that you have a kind heart and are an animal-lover. :icon_smile:

Yes, Cristy is DEFINITELY a caring person!

She is a very passionate and compassionate supporter for animal care. You hit the nail on the head Lucky.

Me?...I got a mutt. He floats about a foot off the ground cuz he's got soo much energy. He's 14yrs old & folks still mistake him for a puppy!. Got all his teeth, but not his fruit (sorry Wesley, but they made me do it).

He's very affectionate and comes to me for some facesmoosh. That's where I rub his lips all over the place and he licks my hands. It's a pretty efficient face-wash technique. He loves his stuffed toys - but his absolute favourite (and 1st) was a grey elephant. Loved to hump the hell out of it.

• Like 1

Yes, Cristy is DEFINITELY a caring person!

She is a very passionate and compassionate supporter for animal care. You hit the nail on the head Lucky.

Me?...I got a mutt. He floats about a foot off the ground cuz he's got soo much energy. He's 14yrs old & folks still mistake him for a puppy!. Got all his teeth, but not his fruit (sorry Wesley, but they made me do it).

He's very affectionate and comes to me for some facesmoosh. That's where I rub his lips all over the place and he licks my hands. It's a pretty efficient face-wash technique. He loves his stuffed toys - but his absolute favourite (and 1st) was a grey elephant. Loved to hump the hell out of it.

:icon_redface:--Awww, you've made me blush- and thats hard to do, so sweet, thank you. Yes I don't hide the fact that I'm an animal lover, supporter of their cause, some may think a bit to much, but to them I say, how can you love anything to much?

I hope you have your little bundle of joy for many, many more years Jabba, thanks again.

...and why did you choose it.

The cat chose me :)

We have three cats (not by choice) but the nicest (and most recent) of all found us and came to my door one day limping with a completely broken paw and near death from starvation. A lot of money on vet bills later, she is the nicest cat I have ever known.

I knew that if I didn't take her in, it was a death sentence. During the 6 weeks it took for her paw to heal we kept her in a spare bedroom with a kitty litter, food and water, a radio (for some faint ambient background noise so she'd never really feel alone), a desk lamp so it was never completely dark and each evening I would take my note book computer or a good book and lay on the floor next to her for hours to keep her company because I knew the rest of the time she was all alone. Of course I also knew that cats do sleep about 16 hours per day so if I spent at least 4 hours a day with her that would be at least half the time she was awake that someone would be there to keep her company. I guess in those many weeks and hours each day we bonded.

Now she follows me everywhere though out our very large house, more like a puppy dog than a cat. Every morning absolutely without fail she is waiting for me to wake up so she can make the trek downstairs with me for my morning coffee, I don't really understand the purpose of this ritual but it seems of the utmost importance to her to never miss a day. I know she will be waiting for every evening when I come home (as she knows exactly when that will be without the aid of a watch).

They really are or do quickly become members of our family with their own personalities.

I am an animal lover, but with my hectic schedule a cat is the animal that works in my crazy lifestyle. I have a pure bread blue point Siamese, named Hisses. He truly is the perfect man in my life....One of these days, when I slow down I will be adding a dog too.

I am an animal lover, but with my hectic schedule a cat is the animal that works in my crazy lifestyle. I have a pure bread blue point Siamese, named Hisses. He truly is the perfect man in my life....One of these days, when I slow down I will be adding a dog too.

I hope you won't mind me saying if and when you decide to get a dog you'll consider a rescue, as there are so many in need, purebred, mixed, all shapes sizes and personalities. I know it will be in good hands:icon_biggrin:

I have a plant, well plants, and they are the perfect pet for me. No responsibility required! :D

Some of us aren't even talented enough to keep plants alive :)

I'm a cat person, but I don't have any 'cos I'm far to lazy to actually look after them. But I like to play with other peoples' occasionally.

Guest Ou**or**n

I have a large number of pets including a dog but cats are my favorite. I lost my cat several months ago and when I'm ready I'll get another one.

As I'm a big fan of outcalls but have an older teenager still at home I'm quite thankful my dog can't talk... ;)

Dogs! Love'em. Always had one but not right now because I travel so much. I miss them hugely, especially my last one.

I even started a dog-lovers social group on here, FIDO (Friendly Interactive Dog Owners). :)

http://cerb.ca/vbulletin/group.php?groupid=82

(Actually it's mainly an excuse to post pics of hot women with dogs :))

• Like 1