what will you watch if the nhl lock-outs it players come september 15 ?

i will go nuts, i'm a die hard hockey fan. the last lock-out was the longuest winter of my life. i guess i'll watch junior hockey.

First and foremost may the owners not be that greedy to do this again.

The last time there was a strike is when TSN began its coverage of poker, and that alone seems to be the thing that brought Texas Holdum to the mainstream, but no way is that spectator friendly.

To my horror they also carried of all things, dog shows. My God, one realized how desperate things were when one saw that!

So, if the worst should happen, then I hope that they might add on some junior hockey or perhaps even some of the level 2 NCAA football.

I believe that I will read even more, and maybe start on some of the TV series that are being mentioned in another thread. http://www.cerb.ca/vbulletin/showthread.php?t=102521

Come on Bettman, get realistic!

Guest S**a*Q

Hockey is the only sport...

OMG dog shows? Ew. That is one of the most BORING things to watch on tv. Prancing, poufy dogs and their uptight owners, nay... I'll pass.

COME ON HOCKEY!!!

apparently the owners gave a pretty decent proposal on tuesday to the players, not sure if the nhlpa will accept it, but i think its "light in the tunnel".

it would suck if there is another lockout, cause im a huge nhl fan.

History has shown us the fans will always come back. An entire season was lost only a few years ago and Hockey is more popular than ever.

Guest jake_cdn
Atleast I will have football until February :)

Won't bother me if there is a lock-out. Sounds like they are trying to drive away the rest of their fans with another work stoppage.

Like Meg I will watch the NFL and not miss hockey at all.

what will you watch if the nhl lock-outs it players come september 15 ?

Many will watch the endless and repetitive lockout analysis, probably, 'cos that's probably what they'll replace the actual hockey with. I won't, 'cos I don't watch all that much in the first place!

I'd love to think that they'd replace hockey with some coverage of the other multitudes of sports that are out there so that we can all be introduced to something new... but I suspect that's too much to ask.

I will watch football until the Grey Cup is over and perhaps the odd NFL game after that.

I will then flip through my 200 chanels on my dish and find nothing interesting sports wise to watch more than likely .... curling perhaps.....definately not Cricket Smithwick lol

Soooo...if it looks like there won't be hockey for quite some time after November I will go to a nice warm place in the States with a nice sandy beach and become a womans beach volleyball coach and watch girls bums while they play with balls ;) I mean coach ....

Hockey lockout, really? Go for it. If the players want more money to get fit, shame on them. We on the other hand need membership to use the gym.

wander down to your local junior team, or if you are lucky, your nearest minor league team

those young (and some not so young) players try a lot harder than most of the pros (too many of whom don't seem to really turn it on until the payoffs start)

well now that it has happened ...

I am sure the owners and players will be just fine

unfortunately a lot of regular folks will not be okay ... those that work for the league and the teams or for the restaurants and bars that depend on the fan traffic

• Like 1

well now that it has happened ...

I am sure the owners and players will be just fine

unfortunately a lot of regular folks will not be okay ... those that work for the league and the teams or for the restaurants and bars that depend on the fan traffic

This is the world that we live in right now, corporate and the high profile arguments impacted the little people!

Think about the amount of jobs impacted, from ticket sales, to the ice girl if we may say. Also that guy going around selling beer.

Why cant they be less greedy -- if the revenue sharing is the downfall, why dont just split the income halfway. The players have to realize that the team need to also make money to run.

grumble grumble! NFL here I come!

I just love how we are in such a recession that these greedy bastards think that they need more money ... the United States is on the verge of being a third world country and they ve the nerve to ask for more money are you freaking kidding me....

• Like 1

If only both the players and owners could think more like the CFL does. Average salary there is 82,500 for the effective 25 weeks or so of work which is quite livable for most. The tickets for fans are affordable, the owners make money and usually the games are interesting and of good quality so everyone ends up happy.

I do know that many of the CFL players also have regular jobs that they go to in the off seasons but in reality that is also a good thing as it means that they are prepared for the future when playing a game for fun (and pay) is no longer possible for them.

I am a sports fan in general and a big hockey fan. I will follow the World series, cheering on the Washington Nationals (former Montreal Expos), the CFL until the 100th Grey Cup game is played in late November, for the first time in a long time, the NFL, until the Superbowl in February. As well we have the QMJHL in my hometown, and the Canadian Basketball League. Over the Holidays will the World Juniors, next March is March Madness, and next May the Memorial Cup.

So as far as the NHL is concerned, I have to ask myself do I really need it? No doubt I will come back to the NHL after the lock-out, but this time, I will not be in any rush to do so. In fact I hope the league suffers at the gate like Major League Baseball did after the 1994 strike.

I'll definitely miss watching the Senators, but that will give me more time to watch Junior hockey. I usually try to get to at least one junior game each year. I guess I'll go to a few more now.

If you haven't been to a junior game, give it a try. It's actually very good hockey and usually more entertaining that the NHL.

Have to agree with Meg, at least we have football till Feb and I love the QMJHL as well.

On another note......

Its hard to feel anything for Millionaires fighting Billionaires for the average Joe's pay check. Its all about the money and spin doctoring by both sides.

I would love to propose a cap. Only this one involves rolling back NHL gasme ticket prices by 40%, capping the prices for 10 years, then the players and league split the revenue and TV goldmine at 50/50.

On a brighter note, maybe hobbying may become even more popular.....

• Like 2