I promised a lovely gentleman that I would come say hi ... a few months ago. I cannot for the life of me remember his screen name but I did read the review and it was very sweet.

For the curious, the review is here:

http://www.cerb.ca/vbulletin/showpost.php?p=439388

Great to renew acquaintence with you last night, Megan. So happy I did :-)

• Like 2

Saw a mixed (light) ebony on Friday leave around 6 pm. She was slim and had long braids in.

Anyone know her name or times worked? Thanks

It was quite today compare to most saturdays. Had a mixed bag firs girl blond ducht quite tall was a bit eratic in her speech. It seem like she was either drunk or possible on a little something. She has only been there a few weekThe regular one i see help set the rest of my afternoon back to the right feel. I think here name is Jenny. Brunette with a ermany tattoo on her butt cheek. Solid butt and legs cannot complain about anything but not having a longer time with her.

Was in Thursday aft briefly. No Sara or Ariel, but Jenny was there and looking great as usual...unfortunately I had no time for the CR with her.

Quite a few new to me faces there that day too.

Although she wasn't there either, I have been wondering if anyone has been to the CR with Courtney? Cute blonde, her face reminds me of the LPGA golfer Brittany Lincicome.

• Like 2

I go to Barbs every time I am in Ottawa... find it great. I have even been lucky enough to have a few of the ladies join me after hours for some drinks.

Dropped in to 340 on Tuesday afternoon (6/4) around 1:00 and found things somewhat quiet. Recognized only Bridgette and Claire from (not so) recent visits, although Lexy and Courtney seemed vaguely familiar as well.

In keeping with the general ethos of the site, I like to keep my comments as positive as possible but I did find one dancer rather aggressive and bothersome in a way that I've rarely encountered at Barb's. I refuse to be impolite with dancers but in this instance I was pushed very close to my limit of tolerance.

The atmosphere was really very quiet by the time I departed just before 2:00 with around 6-8 patrons in attendance.

Tuesday can be an 'off-day' for an ATF so I wasn't especially optimistic for a Jenny sighting. As always, any info re sightings or intel re her vacation plans/schedule etc. is appreciated. Apparently she was in last week so maybe she'll be around later in the week. I've found Thursdays and Fridays the best days to see her in the club, but have encountered her on a Monday and she can be seen on the occasional Saturday as well, I'm told.

• Like 1

In keeping with the general ethos of the site, I like to keep my comments as positive as possible but I did find one dancer rather aggressive and bothersome in a way that I've rarely encountered at Barb's. I refuse to be impolite with dancers but in this instance I was pushed very close to my limit of tolerance.

I usually tell the dancers that I don't want to see right now, "I don't want to waste your time right now, so I'm not looking for a dance right now". That usually tells them to keep looking. In some cases, the lady so politely leaves that I've changed my mind about her later and have taken her to the CR. Somebody who takes the hint and doesn't do drama is worth a shot in the CR in my book.

I usually tell the dancers that I don't want to see right now, "I don't want to waste your time right now, so I'm not looking for a dance right now". That usually tells them to keep looking. In some cases, the lady so politely leaves that I've changed my mind about her later and have taken her to the CR. Somebody who takes the hint and doesn't do drama is worth a shot in the CR in my book.

Perhaps I'm guilty of taking too indirect an approach in these situations, but I'm hesitant to be too blunt. In almost all cases, if I tell a dancer that I have to "relax for a while" or "I'm not sure if I'm staying long", she'll suggest I approach her later if/when I'm ready and leave it at that. Barb's in particular tends to have a fairly laid-back atmosphere in this regard, so perhaps that is why the rare exceptions tend to be so noticeable.

Your more straightforward (but still polite) approach may be preferable in some situations, whiteman.

Tuesday can be an 'off-day' for an ATF so I wasn't especially optimistic for a Jenny sighting. As always, any info re sightings or intel re her vacation plans/schedule etc. is appreciated.

I think I've only seen Jenny in on a Tuesday once and she almost always takes them off, so they're not the best day to try and catch her. You can always give Barb's a call and ask if she's on schedule so you don't have to sit around wondering if she's in. Totally not a bother either - the DJ is usually the one to answer the phone and they don't mind answering that kind of question.

As for dealing with dancers you're not interested in, I find it best to be upfront. If you're not interested, just say 'no thank you.' There's a fine line between being polite and indirectly encouraging her to sit or come back and try again, and it's certainly not impolite to be upfront. We're big girls and most of us don't take it personally and actually appreciate it!

Edited by Bridgette
  • Like 2

Guest **oo**e

Jenny was off this Monday and Tuesday. She'll be in today. She works days.

I was in last night (Tues.06/04), saw Jordon, Katrina, Missy, Erica, Andrea-new to me, and a couple of others. Ariel was def. the star stage show by far, IMO!

• Like 1

Your more straightforward (but still polite) approach may be preferable in some situations, whiteman.

Actually, it was one of the ladies in here that told me to use these words. I wish I could remember who it was right now, but it was in one of the previous threads, so far it hasn't failed to work.

Guest pagypie

i try to be honest, if asked im not interested i"ll say that i'm just going to watch the stage for now, but thanks and good luck.

if the dancer asks if she can sit and im not interested i'll say of course she can join me but im just going to watch the show and wont be doing any dances. a few times they joined me anyways...those are the girls that are usually great to talk to and i could be convinced to go for a dance with.

i have only been to barbs 3 times but every time i felt the pressure was low to do dances...which i LOVED.

Most dancers don't ask straight if I want a dance or not, What they ask me is to quote "can I sit with you" or "would you mind if I sit with you?". How can I say no you can't sit with me with a question like this lol???. And then after sitting for 5 to 10 minutes and friendly chat they ask and I quote "would you like to have a dance". At that stage almost impossible to say no.....

Anyhow, as a suggestion take those whom you are not very interested for ONE dance. There must be something about her that you must like (at the very least her boobs or legs). Let her know that it is going to be one dance only in advance and they will all agree (some few may cheat and ask after the one if you want more but you can remind them of the agreement). This makes it a win-win situation. Remember good looks or not (and looks are very subjective) they all have to pay bills.

Anyhow I will be heading back to strip bars first time in 6 months this weekend. Not sure if I will go back to Barbs as I am yet undecided as which bar.

im not the type to swoop in ask for a dance and rush away. i like the talking...

And you're great to talk to too! And we haven't even got around to discussing social sciences or literature yet :-)

Not that I'd discourage people from taking you for a dance. Quite the opposite. ;-)

• Like 1

And you're great to talk to too! And we haven't even got around to discussing social sciences or literature yet :-)

Not that I'd discourage people from taking you for a dance. Quite the opposite. ;-)

lol you're such a sweetheart. It's rare to find a good conversation in the bar and you keep me coming back to your table... so we both win :P xx

Dropped in today. I was impressed by Amanda and Brennan, both very attractive.

I guess I'm nostalgic for the Barb's of last summer and the summer before, when I seemed to know all the dancers, and was constantly surrounded by the hottest women 'on the planet'. It feels different now, still good but not like it was.

• Like 2

Great to hear Brennan is back.

I love watching her get naked, her eyes, her smile.

She's fun to be around.

Thanks for the info, Cato!

• Like 1

I don't go to Barbs much anymore (only to see Bridgette or Ariel and they are both infrequent visitors) but I do live fairly close by. Went for a walk this morning and there were surveyors working in the parking lot behind Barbs. It could be nothing but it always struck me how such a big plot of land is sitting empty just blocks from Parliament. Hopefully if there is a development project, Barbs will somehow be spared. Lots of great memories there!

Went for a walk this morning and there were surveyors working in the parking lot behind Barbs. It could be nothing but it always struck me how such a big plot of land is sitting empty just blocks from Parliament. Hopefully if there is a development project, Barbs will somehow be spared. Lots of great memories there!

I believe Claridge bought the parking lot a few years ago and has plans for at least two condo towers there.

The surveyors could also have been doing some work for the LRT.

Great to hear Brennan is back.

I love watching her get naked, her eyes, her smile.

She's fun to be around.

I agree on all counts.

This time she's brought a little friend along as well. Her pal Emerald (newly started dancing IIUC) is cute, smart and fun!

Guest Ni**t*****t

Unfortunately never met Brennan but haven't been to Barbs in a while either... need to get out there soon I guess.

How is it these days? busy?

How is it these days? busy?

Only occasionally. I think lunchtime today there was about equal split of girls and customers - not bad odds :-)

Quite a few visiting girls. Jenny was there today as well.

Thu/Fri lunchtime and Fri/Sat/Sun nighttimes are the busiest times - but you probably know that already.

• Like 3

Guest Ni**t*****t

Thinking of going out there tonight. Any recommendations?