Have you watched any good movies lately?

Love Dr. Strangelove. Classic movie on the stupidity and waste of the "cold war" years. A lot of big name stars too. Including a very young James Earl Jones.

Have "The Sting" in my collection. One of my all-time favorites. I can watch it again and again and it never gets old.

I am about to watch Sunset Boulevard (1950) with William Holden, Gloria Swanson, and really, Cecil B. Demille and Hedda Hopper!

I bought enders game over the weekend... Amazing movie... I'm also getting set to see transformers when I come back from Watertown on Monday evening!

Just saw the Amazing Spider man 2. It was a amazing movie, non stop action and great special effects. The ending was sad and unpredictable. I enjoyed it very much.

Just saw Dawn of the Apes in 3D. It is an amazing must see movie. The special effects are awesome. The apes acted better then humans. Great story line and a lot of action. Probably going to be the blockbuster of the year

Went and saw A Million Ways to Die in the West a couple of weeks ago. The film was funny as hell!

• Like 1

Oldboy starring Josh Brolin

A good old fashioned psychological thriller with a 'I never saw that coming' ending.

Finally saw the Tom Cruise sci/fy flick Edge of Tomorrow. It lived up to the high rating from Rotten Tomatoes. Great action, original story, satisfying Hollywood ending. All around great summer block buster. I highly recommend seeing it in the theatres before it goes to BluRay and Digital download.

• Like 1

I finally signed up for a Netflix account, it's the best thing ever. I am a huge documentary buff and was pleasantly surprised at the variety of international and foreign documentaries that are currently offered. One film entitled Serving Life really piqued my interest. It's about a prison in the United States that basically trains its inmates (murderers, drug traffickers and sexual deviants) to work in the prison hospice helping some of the older, near death inmates die with some dignity. It focuses on four inmates who are in for life and the emotions they struggle with during their time in the hospice. Incredible depiction of redemption from the viewpoint of prison inmates and the warden.

I finally signed up for a Netflix account, it's the best thing ever. I am a huge documentary buff and was pleasantly surprised at the variety of international and foreign documentaries that are currently offered. One film entitled Serving Life really piqued my interest. It's about a prison in the United States that basically trains its inmates (murderers, drug traffickers and sexual deviants) to work in the prison hospice helping some of the older, near death inmates die with some dignity. It focuses on four inmates who are in for life and the emotions they struggle with during their time in the hospice. Incredible depiction of redemption from the viewpoint of prison inmates and the warden.

Last week, I watched that one too, about the Hospice Program at Angola Prison in Louisiana. It was very well done.

Watched the original 1969 True Grit movie with John Wayne and Glen Campbell. I prefer the 2010 remake with Jeff Bridges and Matt Damon. The original was too "sanitized", lol.

Edited by Mature Angela
Yes, Jeff Bridges, not Beau
  • Like 1

Watched Twenty Feet from Stardom, an excellent documentary on backup singers. I liked how they didn't shy away from explaining why so many are black and their history from singing in church.

Guest N***he**Ont**y

I watched Expendibles 3 on my XBMC media centre. Not bad!

Edited by N***he**Ont**y
Spelling

Fading Gigolo - Written By and Starring John Turturro with Woody Allen, and Sharon Stone - superb acting!

I saw the IMAX 3D version of Guardians of the Galaxy. This is the summer popcorn blockbuster I was waiting for all year! In a word: GREAT. In two words: FUCKING GREAT!

Good characters, everything from a talking Racoon to a walking tree with a limited vocabulary. Lots of laugh out loud comedy. Amazing visual effects. Fantastic on-screen chemistry between Chris Pratt & Zoe Saldana. Good story, even if it was comic book inspired. And finally a kick ass sound track from '68 to '88.

Just sit back and prepare to be entertained for the next two hours. If you are an action-adventure fan, a super-hero fan, a comic book fan or If you like Piña Coladas... then you will freaking love this movie. If you like foreign films with deep meaning and subtitles then this is not the film for you. I give it two fins up!

You Will Meet a tall Dark Stranger - Naomi Watts, Josh Brolin, Anthony Hopkins, Antonia Banderos - another great Woody Allen film.