Have you watched any good movies lately?

Guest Ou**or**n

Two movies in the past few days:

Guardians of the Galaxy - big thumbs up, it was a hoot

Lucy - thumbs down, big disappointment given the talent involved

I caught 'A Most Wanted Man' the other day. I've enjoyed all the other films adapted from John Le Carré ('Tinker Tailor Soldier Spy', 'The Constant Gardner', 'Tailor of Panama') and I liked this one, too. The same slowburn realistic approach to depicting the craft of espionage. It's definitely not a James Bond spy movie with tons of stunts and big twists. But if you're in for a slower paced, more human spy movie, I would recommend it.

Just saw Hercules in 3d with Dwayne Johnson. It was very good, lots of actions and Dwayne makes a great Hercules.

Gee the last time I saw a movie was last Christmas. Me and a friend rented a room at the Delta and had Christmas dinner ( No cooking here) We watched movies, slept in and ordered room service.

Highly recommended way to spend a couple of days. :))

Guest P*rry

Tonight I watched Silver linings Playbook. It's a 2012 best picture nominee with Jennifer Lawrence. "An unexpected bond forms between a formerly institutionalized man and a woman with her own issues." Upon reading the description I thought this must be a downer of a film, but far from it.

Watched the 'Grudge Match' with Robert De Niro, Sylvester Stallone, Kim Basinger.

I found it a good movie, funny at times. It's good to see that these actors still have it at their age. They had both starred in big Boxing movies in their younger days and can still move. But you can see the age is catching up all these actors and actress. A lot of actions and funny lines. I recommend it.

Just watched (for the first time, honest) The Beguiled, with Clint Eastwood

He may be a tough guy, but in a houseful of women and girls, well it was the death of him...literally LOL

RG

Today looks like a few good movies day some playing at the same time

Already programmed my PVR to record them

Three John Wayne movies

The Man Who Shot Liberty Valance, Cahill US Marshal and Big Jake

Then the war classic, The Bridge On The River Kwai

and

Monty Python's Life Of Brian

Won't be able to watch them all today, thank goodness for PVR :-)

RG

Edited by r__m__g_uy

Guest P*rry

I thoroughly enjoyed watching the Planet of the Apes (1968) with Charlton Heston the other day. I had a new found appreciation for it. Don't know why that was.

I watched a few good movies recently including:

Non-Stop with Liam Neeson

The Homesman with Hilary Swank and Tommy Lee Jones

The Angriest Man in Brooklyn with Robin Williams

Just saw Guardian of the Galaxy in 3D. It is one of the best movies I've seen this year.

A lot of action. great special effects. and it was funny at times also. A must see and you should see it in 3D as the effects are great.

Just saw The Equalizer with Denzel Washington. GREAT movie!! My only real complaints were two scenes which featured 80's action movie clichés, which normally wouldn't bother me because I love those types of movies.....but in this case they felt kind of forced and unnatural considering the rest of the movie takes itself seriously and isn't like an 80's action movie at all. But overall, aside from those 2 minor moments, it was a great time at the movies!

• Like 1

BYZANTIUM.

Pretty under-the-radar vamp flick. AND IT IS AWESOME. One of the main characters, Clara Webb, is a badass fucking prostitute/vampire. Don't fuck with her, or she will cut off your head:

giphy.gif

• Like 1