New game in town! And we need a name

Hello all,

I am still alive and kicking and want to let you know that I have found my way into the SC business.

Some of you maybe familiar with the failing trashy establishment that was Canada Cabaret/Diamonds Gentlemen's club etc...

When I found out the owner might be interested in selling I immediately thought of the glory days of Gypsy Rose with features great dancers and one of the best stage shows in the city.

A modern twist would include burlesque, maybe a bit of stand up comedy, lets break the mold. IMHO it seems like the local clubs are riding that edge between strip club and hand job parlor, I want to bring the show back to show bar.

Ok now I will step off my soap box,

Obviously the new place needs a new name, if anyone here can help get a new name I am will to put up some skin! If we use your name there will be a $50 bar tab, if your suggestions lead to a name $20 bar tab!

Thank you in advance for your help!!

• Like 3

Guest *l**e

The Senate Club

Great name...classy, very Ottawa, and oddly appropriate.

The Senate Club

Great name...classy, very Ottawa, and oddly appropriate.

The Senate Club actually already exists in Ottawa at Scotiabank Place. Of course, it's not quite the same establishment as is being discussed here. ;)

How about something like:

Nu Horizon Nightclub on Bank

New Club Paradise on Bank

Chez Gypsy Rose on Bank

Gypsy Rose Nightclub

Club Gypsy Rose

Nightclub Randy on Bank

Randy's on Bank

In any event good luck with the makeover. It will take a lot to build a new reputation and overcome the skeptics.

Only stopped by Cabaret Canada once many years ago and never went back - enough said.

Guest ***rd**n

Duckys, Charlies, Bristols are some British slang words for breasts. Apple-dumpling shop is another but people might get the wrong idea with that one. Plus some people are more into legs or bums so they might feel excluded.

Dropped in tonight with a friend to have a look. Good to see the place up and running. All the best with it, dummpy!

BabeS

on

BanK

Marketing potential is endless!

Would be important to have legal ensure usability of name from legal perspective since there are several "babes" strip clubs in the US. Not sure if it is a franchise, but I don't think they all.

Heck I wanna go see the BabeS already!

In choosing a name, as I'm sure you know, its not just the "name" but the branding\marketing possibilities associated with the name that are critical. Clubs named "Diamonds", "Taboo", "Pigale", "SilverDollar" really have limited branding\marketing potential when compared to a name like "Babes"!

You may want to do a survey on sites such as this site once you have a short list to obtain feedback; you don't want backlash like Ottawa's football team received.

Edited by JustJack

BabeS

on

BanK

Marketing potential is endless!

Would be important to have legal ensure usability of name from legal perspective since there are several "babes" strip clubs in the US. Not sure if it is a franchise, but I don't think they all.

Heck I wanna go see the BabeS already!

In choosing a name, as I'm sure you know, its not just the "name" but the branding\marketing possibilities associated with the name that are critical. Clubs named "Diamonds", "Taboo", "Pigale", "SilverDollar" really have limited branding\marketing potential when compared to a name like "Babes"!

You may want to do a survey on sites such as this site once you have a short list to obtain feedback; you don't want backlash like Ottawa's football team received.

LOL good point maybe I should name it tomahawk just for the press! no need to be politically correct.