So here is the situation...

In my eyes it took a lot of courage to broadcast this news of yours. I applaud that, and the obvious strength of character it took to do so. Fight til the end, man, right til the end!

• Like 1

Ohhh My dear friend,

You have an awesome sprit and I know you have a lot of fight in you! You have a big impact on many people in our community, you have showed strength to us in many ways, and I do not doubt for a second that you get all the support back!

I am happy your father was there for you, and from what I read, the apple didn't fall far from the tree!

This is too big to handle by yourself, and we all stand here for you! You would do the same for any of us! Love you!! I will see you soon!

xoxoxo

• Like 1

Although every situation is different, some of us have fought Cancer and survived (at least so far). It will be tough (and I think you are a very tough individual) but don't give in. And don't give up hope.

I wish you the very best on this journey - it is a long and winding road.

• Like 1

Thanks for the post. Takes a lot of courage to to open yourself up in this medium and be so honest. Im wishing the best for you, stay strong and don't give up the fight brother!

• Like 1

Thanks for sharing this with us, Spud.

I wish you all the best....and do fight like a marine! Your relative young age, fighting spirit and the tough military training will all be in your favour.

• Like 1

I know you'll fight hard, I'll be thinking of you as you battle this enemy! Stay in touch...

• Like 1

All the best to you! If there is one thing I admire about the Royal Marine is their tenacity in the face of an enemy any enemy. Fight on spud!

• Like 1

Cheers to you handsome, may you have many more battles in your future and look upon this one as just one more you've conquered.

I will not try to blow roses or smoke up your ass, that kinky stuff will cost you a good deal more (sorry no pity discounts for you!) and I am sure this will be a struggle but from all that I have gleaned of you over the years I am sure you will find the strength to face this head on. Whatever the prognosis you have been given I do hope you realise there are always some that beat those odds and a good many people are on your side to support you and be sure you are one of those people.

Take care of yourself first and post to us when you need it, want to or just feel like blowing off some steam.

• Like 2

Guest fi****ek

You might want to look into adopting a ketogenic diet. I have seen reports of a ketogenic diet being successful in reversing cancer. Cancer cells thrive on glucose. So, eliminate as many forms of glucose/frutcose/sugar from your diet that you possibly can. A brief excerpt from an article.

The Ketogenic Diet

All cells, including cancer cells, are fueled by glucose. But if you deprive them of glucose, they switch to the alternate fuel, ketone bodies.

Except cancer cells. A defect prevents them from making the switch to using ketone bodies as fuel and therefore, cancer cells can only survive on glucose. All other cells can use either glucose or ketone bodies.

"Your normal cells have the metabolic flexibility to adapt from using glucose to using ketone bodies. But cancer cells lack this metabolic flexibility. So we can exploit that," Dr. D'Agostino explained.

People like Hatfield, who want to deprive their cells of glucose and fuel them with ketone bodies instead, eat what's known as a ketogenic diet. It consists of almost zero carbohydrates, but lots of natural proteins and fats.

This is one of those treatments where it doesn't cost you anything to try it. It just represents a different way of metabolizing food. I've personally cut back on carbs and upped my intake of healthy fats and vegetables. Despite drinking homo milk, cooking with organic butter and olive oil, eating eggs, avocados, salmon, plenty of nuts, etc, I've gained no weight, in fact, the opposite has happened, I'm the lightest I've been in 20 years. I've had sizeable inflammation symptoms reduced as well.

My last psa test was high, my doctor wanted me to immediately get a prostate biopsy. I declined. The test is mired in controversy and there were certain abnormal circumstances particular to me, that would've led to a high psa score. I operate under the assumption, that I may have cancer of the prostate. Hell, all men, if you live long enough will succumb to prostate cancer. So, what I'm doing is pro-active, cutting carbs, increasing fats, getting more sunshine, vitamin D is also important in cancer prevention, and exercising.

I'm certainly glad that you had a visit with your dad, even though the reasons for it not so good

Wishing you all the best in this battle.

Stay strong, be positive, and my thoughts will be with you

RG

• Like 1

Wishing you all the best in what may be the most important battle to date. Being that my significant other was diagnosed in march with cancer I know that you have a long road ahead of you as we do. I can tell you do not hesitate to rely on friends and family for support for there will be times you need it. You will find that the professional medical people whom will guide you through this journey of hell truly remarkable. The cancer centre in the Civic and it's staff are second to none. Best of luck and kick ass.

• Like 2

Thanks for sharing, and wishing you a speedy recovery! You are a strong person, I have no doubt you will kick this in the ass!

• Like 1

Spud, thank you for sharing. Sending you strong fighting angels to keep you safe and loved. Stay strong and fight this battle. Your father sounds like an amazing man, and I am glad you had a good visit.

xoxo

• Like 1

Wow, your situation takes a lot of strength. I wish nothing but the best for you. Sounds like you don't have to fight alone anymore. A great support system can only make you stronger. Glad to hear that this has helped to bring who you are back.

XoXo

Peachy/Val.

Since a few people asked yesterday, here is the ethos by which Royal Marines live by.

Courage, Unity, Determination, Adaptability, Unselfishness, Humility, Cheerfulness, Professional Standards, Fortitude, Commando Humour.

• Like 1

Your courage and strength are very evident in your post and don't be afraid to fight it all the way. It is amazing what positivity can do to help during these times. You will be in my thoughts. xo

• Like 1