Diets? Your experience

New Year resolutions often have people promising to diet again.

What diet are you on and what have you found works for you and that you can stay on.

Diet only work when you are on them. Once you are off, you will gain back most of the weight. Keeping weight off is a life style change. Find one that you can stay on easier.

Better choices are eating healthier food, eating less and exercise more. Anytime you try restrict calories or food choice, you will tend to do the opposite, You always want what you can't have.

Has any one try the mini-fast diet with exercise. I read the book and it makes a lot of sense. Basically you skip breakfast which you don't really need. So you are going on a mini fast of up to 18 hours. The theory is that once you burn up the calories that you have just eaten, you will be in fast mode where you are burning your body fat to get calories.

Then if you can exercise during the fast period, you will be burning fat directly. He also recommends the use of some supplements and to still eat a low calorie meal. I've been on it for a week and have lost 3 lbs so far :) Any one else have tried this diet or a fasting diet?

While many say you should eat breakfast to get your metabolism going, many have also had success skipping breakfast entirely. Even more effective, not eating late is a given.

• Like 1

I do not eat breakfast because when it is early in the morning I feel too nauseous so I just have a meal replacement, then go exercising. As I usually stay up late, I often eat something at night. Not a heavy meal, something healthy but still enough to fill my stomach. I do not gain weight. Now, I swim one hour everyday, which might balance my weight. But having being obsessed with "diets to loose weight" in my teen years and twenties, and knowing the damage it can do on you physically and mentally, I stay away from them. I believe that each one of us has their specific healthy lifestyle to discover and adopt, that suits us best, including food and exercising, and to stick to it. That is what I do, and I feel great. No more diets, ever. Yeah!

• Like 1

Guest st*****ens**ors

I've done some diets as part of fitness regimens in the past, and found that the more restrictive they were, the more I chafed against the rules. Body for Life worked, but the meal plan was both time consuming and tedious.

Now i simply focus on moderate portions, few refined sugars and processed foods, and lots of fresh produce. Breakfast is protein (generally an omelette or cottage cheese) and fruit. Lunch is protein with salad or homemade vegetable soup, and at supper I eat a moderate portion of whatever the hell I feel like. I use lots of spice and fiery peppers and sauces, because the intense flavour makes me feel satisfied faster and keeps everything interesting. Dessert is a rarity.

The other thing that helps is abandoning a media driven concept of perfection. I don't have sculpted abs, but my belly is flat, my body is strong and healthy, and I enjoy my food and a glass of scotch. I'll never be mistaken for an Abercrombie and Fitch model, but I run 30-40 k a week, can carry an adult up a ladder if necessary, and handle the heavy lifting of a neighbour's move without needing a nap after.

Perfection is the enemy of happiness. I'd rather be cheerfully in the game than obsessing over a perfect score.

And if I'm going to eat a burger, damn straight I want cheese and bacon on it! Life is short. I can always run a little further tomorrow.

Be kind to yourselves!

Just past the half year mark. Anyone here has stuck with the New Year's resolution of losing weight and getting into shape? Which diet did find successful?

This is not really a diet but a life style change.

You may be able to reverse your diabetes type 2.

People are doing it now. It seems like the current treatment of diabetes type 2 is totally wrong. I came across this information by luck. Since I followed this procedure. I have lost 20 lbs and my my blood sugar is back to normal. Haven't had a chance to check my cholestorol. but it should be better. We seem to be doing everything that we are told and not improving. By doing the opposite of what we have been told. I have gotten off most my diabetes type 2 medications. This may work for you.

google Jason Fung. Watch his videos.

also check out the following two sites.:

https://intensivedietarymanagement.com/

there are many other sites that agree with his conclusions.

Give it a try.

It is basically Low Carb High Fat diet with Intermittent fasting.

It's easier then you think. I've tried many diet and this one works for me.

And it's not calorie restriction. Watch his videos and his explanation.

It makes sense.

I don't diet. Diets don't work. Taking off weight is one thing. Keeping it off is another. Intermittent fasting is something I've done for a while along with cutting back on sugar and increasing my intake of fats.

The primary reason for this has little to do with looking to lose weight, but rather to maintain my testosterone level. Cholesterol is the building block of testosterone and cholesterol comes from fats. Low T means working out is a chore and you tire quickly. Low T also means long recovery times from work outs. As you get older, low T becomes an increasingly large problem.

Signs of low T males. Lack of energy, lack of libido, lack of morning erections, accumulation of fat around the mid-section, man boobs. Add to that, the low T males also suffer not only a lack of male hormones but an increase in estrogen and you have a considerable number of older males who suffer from feminization.

I've been able to maintain a consistent body weight, I have no target weight in mind. Whatever weight my body settles at, if I feel good at that weight, that's all that matters. Today, I weighed in at 181 lbs. That's on a 6'1" frame. I have very broad shoulders. I wear size 32 jeans which are far from tight on me. I'm 62 years old. I don't look my age, and its primarily because of my physique.

In my 40s and early to mid 50s, a weight of 210-215 lbs was typical. I assumed like so many others, that added weight, a bulging waistline were inevitable. They're not. I was overweight, because I was lazy, didn't exercise and I ate foods to comfort myself, not feed my body the nutrients it needed.

Nutrition alone isn't going to get you results. I exercise, I prefer interval style training. What I do definitely isn't old guy style exercise. Old guy exercise will get you an old guy body. If you want to look like an athlete, you have to train like one. That means sweat and plenty of it. There is no easy way to achieve results, there is no magic pill.

Consistency is the key. What you consume and what activities you engage in, those are there for the rest of your life. You either accept that as an immutable fact, or don't even bother, is my advice. If you're going to go back to way things were, if you think you can take a break, indulge, pig out, and pick things up in a month or two, you're sadly mistaken.

Diets don't work. By their very nature, they're restrictive. You need to give your taste palette and your body, time to adjust, when you make changes to what you eat. I don't count calories, I don't portion control, on strength and conditioning days, I purposely overeat. I don't sweat the scale.

The risk of developing type 2 diabetes increases with your waistline. We're not talking a few percentage points here. I've read various studies, depending on the size of the waistline, typically in males over 40 inches, that your chance of developing type 2 diabetes can be 20 to 80 times more likely than if your BMI was in the normal range and your waistline was 35inches or lower. Type 2 diabetes is reversible.

• Like 2

There are always dangers in anecdotal evidence...but, I have a friend who has been able to reverse her Type 2 by adopting this very low carb and higher fat:protein approach...

• Like 1

There is considerable evidence to demonstrate the link between type 2 diabetes and low testosterone.

Men with type 2 diabetes and low testosterone levels can benefit significantly from testosterone treatment, according to a study published in Diabetes Care.

With testosterone treatment, fat turned to muscle in men with diabetes.

Senior author Dr. Paresh Dandona, of the Department of Medicine in the Jacobs School of Medicine and Biomedical Sciences at the University of Buffalo (UB), NY, and his coauthors already knew that low testosterone levels coincide with significantly decreased insulin sensitivity.

In 2004, they demonstrated a link between low testosterone levels and type 2 diabetes.

From the american diabetes association.

Low testosterone is a common condition that often goes undiagnosed because its symptoms are similar to other conditions.

If you have type 2 diabetes, you are twice as likely to suffer from low testosterone as a man without diabetes.

My own personal viewpoint is that there are ways to maintain a healthy level of testosterone without resorting to medical intervention. The problem with going external, is that your body stops producing testosterone on its own. Do it long enough and you could find your body will be incapable of producing testosterone on its own and should you ever have to be taken off testosterone treatment, you'll find out what life as a roman bath house eunuch is like.

• Like 1

It's 2017 and many of you have resolved to diet and lose weight again. Many are going to the gym again. It's a battle that get's repeated every year. Found out from a person who's cousin owns a gym. She was told that most new members quit after 3 visits. Google Jason Fung, he has figured out how to reverse type 2 diabetes and lose weight.

He admits that previous theories were wrong. He said also that no diet has ever worked in the long term. They work till around the 6th month and then people go off them and regain most of the weight and more sometimes.

He supports the low carb high fat life style. This does work, but the difference is that he add's in Intermittent fasting. This makes a big deal. Can't explain it but google intermittent fasting. It's is easy and works. I lost 15 lbs in 2 months and that is after being stable at a weight I had already lost 20. I feel better, lower my blood pressure, came off a bunch of medication and my blood sugar is much better.

there are a bunch of youtube videos that you can find.

just google Jason Fung

Low carb High Fat or lchf

fasting or intermittent fasting

and there are a lot of material to read.

No non naturally occurring sugars, watch sodium intake, dump booze, processed foods and junk food. That'll pretty much do it.

Peace

MG

• Like 1

Alongside other smart choices, protein is the name of the game. With the right choices, it can often have a lower calorie count but carries us to the next meal without the need for snacks, which for many people is the downfall. Above all, so many proteins taste amazing, so win win.

I struggled with my weight when I was a teenager until I discovered that I really enjoyed sports. It gave me the balance I needed. Afterwards, I wanted to find the "diet" that would support my active lifestyle, not to lose weight but to be as healthy as possible.

I tried the paleo diet for a little while (a lot of protein and fat and no carbs), but I ended up putting on a lot of weight, despite the fact I was exercising a lot. And at the end, I was fed up because it felt like everything tasted like coconut oil and coconut milk. 

I also tried being a healthy vegan for close to a year and a half, but I ended up having cravings all the time. And this time I lost a ton of weight without trying, which wasn't my goal at all.

Eventually, I think that it's all a matter of balance between food and physical activity. And listening to our bodies is key.

But short time diets supposed to make you lose weight? I think there's no way they can work if you eventually go back to your bad habits.

I've been having a lot of digestion problems lately so I've started eating paleo and that's really been helping. I've lost a little bit of weight but my main goal wasn't to lose weight as much as it was to feel better and not be bloated

For the most part, diets are marketing fads. They usually don't stand true scientific review (unlike internet-based "science") especially long term effect.

I classify Atkins, Keto,, paleo,  South beach etc. , and their variations, in this category. There maybe more. 

I see the Mediterranean diet as an exception as it is more as a way of life that passed the test of time.

As said before, this has to be combined with exercise,  and i would rather say activity as i doesn't have to be gym kr jogging. I would however make sure to include enough intensity, nkt nust moving...

Also, as said before, the canadian food guide , especially the last edition is good.

Finally it is worth it to see a dietician to establish a good program (not only diet)

• Like 2

Can count calories. Just take in a little less than your body requires every day and you’ll lose the weight. Eat greens and less meat if you can 

For me, the most effective diet involves regular meditation. Engaging in meditation helps my body relax, leading to reduced food consumption. Additionally, it encourages me to eat more slowly, allowing my food intake to align better with my appetite. However, I've neglected meditation for the past couple of months, resulting in heightened stress  levels and a significant increase in calorie intake.

sex việt

Edited by ingridguerci94