What do you do to stay in Shape

When I feel lazy I hit the hotel gym - otherwise I use the Insanity videos (best workout ever without weights) I just ordered T25 so I hope its as torturous....

• Like 1

Staying in shape for me is about priorities and motivation. I try to eat healthy and I make time to exercise.

When I feel the temptation to eat something naughty I remind myself how it feels when I am at my best physically. That usually motivates me to make good choices.

There are so many other ways to find pleasure other than food :) Many of them even burn calories ;)

• Like 1

Guest P*rry

On those days when there are numerous calls coming my way I remind myself that I deserve some me-time.

So what works for me is to establish a routine. And, I stick to it. Consequently, I hit the gym at roughly the same time each day.

Exercise is important for effective weight loss, but proper diet is going to make the big difference. Making you're own Smoothies is a great way to load up on essential nutrients to get that metabolism pumping. http://www.superskinnyme.com/smoothie-recipes.html

Stress and sleep are huge components to correct for effective weight loss.

Most important is time. Things don't change overnight. Water weight fluxuates dramically from day to day.

Stay positive, eat right and exercise everyday no matter how little.

Stay active peoples.

• Like 1

Guest K***e D****ls

To go to the gym bores me to tears. I do have a trainer to kick my ass twice a week with weights and cardio, but I really enjoy different classes and switching things up a couple of times on top of that. Pole dancing, sculpting, and pilates are favorites. In the summertime, I'm far more active on a general basis and rollerblade everywhere.

Little things like taking the stairs instead of elevators or escalators, make an impact too. Little things all add up.

As a very spiritual and religious type of guy I have found it has transferred into my exercise routine...in fact my whole body image has been determined through my spiritual approach. Those of you who have met will note my uncanny resemblance to Buddha ;). Lol

Ok...ok... my only exercise is with the wonderful Savannah.

Guest P**aq

I've gotten out of shape due to some injuries this past year but I'm getting back on track and doing pushups every second day now for the past few weeks and I went cross country skiing last weekend. Baby steps but feeling good!

I am one of the lucky ones and stay at least in reasonably good shape without going to a gym or that sort of thing. It must be in part my metabolism, but I suppose it may be that I rarely stop. Once April rolls around I am outdoors in gardens, and on the property working. In the winter I do renovations inside.

I hope that if and when I start to fall out of shape that I will have the drive to do something about it!

I have huge respect for those who are so conscientious in their biking or jogging or aerobics and all of those sorts of things.

I am one of the lucky ones and stay at least in reasonably good shape without going to a gym or that sort of thing. It must be in part my metabolism, but I suppose it may be that I rarely stop. Once April rolls around I am outdoors in gardens, and on the property working. In the winter I do renovations inside.

I hope that if and when I start to fall out of shape that I will have the drive to do something about it!

I have huge respect for those who are so conscientious in their biking or jogging or aerobics and all of those sorts of things.

I avoid mrnice's menu as it is very rich . He feels 18 percent cream in his coffee and real butter is his right and that just does not go with my diet . However he does look awesome so perhaps it might work with the right body chemistry .

Only a fool resists change so tomorrow it's cream and butter for me!!

• Like 1

after 4 months of working out with rowing machines, treadmill and weights. I have lost a lot of fat and gained muscle. I am finally seeing a lot of muscle definitions. If I could only diet properly. I would probably see better results faster :). But I enjoying eating food too much, almost as much as I enjoy spending time with the women of cerb :). This too burns calories also. :)

Well, if the nice warm weather ever gets here. t1940.gif I can start biking again. We have great bike paths here in Ottawa. Especially along the Ottawa River. I normally bike form Tunney's Pasture to the Britannia Yacht Club and back every day. There are a couple of beaches along the way to keep it interesting.

t31135.gif

It would probably be a good idea to start hitting the gym first though.

t31184.gift31177.gift31061.gift31181.gift31216.gif

I am already scheduled to see my doctor next Monday.

I got a gym membership this month and it is great. I work out on the threadmill and then go for a swim. After that, it's the hot tub for my reward.

I don't really need to loose weight, just tone up a bit and it's helping.

However, my biggest way to stay in shape is still having mind blowing sex. On top, on my back, on all fours - just haven't figured out the standing on my head trick yet.

• Like 2

I enjoy roller blading, especially taking a drive out to the National Park in Brackley Beach, the federal government have put in an excellent bike, walking and roller blading path all along the roadway, beautiful scenery.

Just have to wait till spring comes hopefully someday!!

I drink wine!

More seriously, I've resumed my low-impact exercise program of walking 5+ km a day. But I'd rather just drink the wine.

I combine that with Tai Chi, which is a great way to maintain flexibility and help with overall health and well-being.

• Like 1

I drink wine!

More seriously, I've resumed my low-impact exercise program of walking 5+ km a day. But I'd rather just drink the wine.

I combine that with Tai Chi, which is a great way to maintain flexibility and help with overall health and well-being.

you need to keep your wine 5km from your house ;)

here's a great workout for everyone to try ... the 12 day accumulator workout. It might look easy at first glance but nope! Start with a minute plank on day one... ADD a two minute wall squat on day two... ADD a three minute bridge ... etc. By day twelve you'll be taking back the thanks you just gave me lmfao.....

a963a6590d77ebe046e010e769c24fdf.jpg

• Like 2

The last 6 months due to time restriction. I've been doing mostly rowing, treadmill and dumb bell exercises with some rubber tubing for more resistant training. This seems to be working well for me so far. Taken a while, but now seeing good results. Just need to stay with it and try to eat less and healthier.

This may come across as a jackass response, but it is my heartfelt and honest response....

I stop looking in the mirror and weighing myself and comparing myself to other people. That's the best way to get into shape.

I don't have a gym or workout routine. Sometimes I pop on a workout DVD, most of the time I don't. I don't pay any attention whatsoever to what I'm eating, I just make sure I'm not shoveling too much in at one sitting.

That's it. I love my curvy body and I have no body issues that can't be solved by the cessation of comparing myself to other people. Works for me.

That being said, I actually know a fair bit about working out and stuff.

Weights are better than cardio. Cardio gets your heart-rate up which has great benefits, but weight-training, especially free-weights, is even better. It boosts bone density, helps build lean muscle (high rep, low weight) and keeps your body revved up for up to two days after the workout. Cardio should supplement weights, not the other way around. That's the fast-track to a lean physique. Along with a good diet.

• Like 1

Well, I have been blessed with a very good metabolism and have worked in construction for longer than I care to remember. I get cardio, weight training, squats, the whole nine yards on a daily basis. Honestly, I'm not trying to brag or make this sound arrogant in any way. It just is what it is for me.

Unfortunately, this may change slightly in the next few months as I am considering a career change to something less strenuous. The arthritis is starting to kick my behind and the knees are pretty much shot to hell. Then I might have to find creative ways to keep the physique. Although, I doubt my weight will change a whole lot with my metabolism and the fact that I eat very healthy foods, for the most part.

• Like 1

I love swimming and do it 4-5 times/week. Each session lasts between 30 minutes to 1 hour, it is a great exercise. My rule is to go anyway, even if the weather is awful, if I am tired or if I feel a bit under the weather. In those moments I just do what I can do at my pace. And yes, the sauna afterwards is a delightful reward ;-)

The idea of exercising changed for me the day I decided that I would enjoy working out, that I would not do it to lose weight or to look better but for my well-being only, physical and mental, and that I would no longer follow programs that would make me sweat like crazy as if I were in a boot camp.

• Like 3

Guest Na****a***mers (RETIRED)
Well, I have been blessed with a very good metabolism and have worked in construction for longer than I care to remember. I get cardio, weight training, squats, the whole nine yards on a daily basis. Honestly, I'm not trying to brag or make this sound arrogant in any way. It just is what it is for me.

Unfortunately, this may change slightly in the next few months as I am considering a career change to something less strenuous. The arthritis is starting to kick my behind and the knees are pretty much shot to hell. Then I might have to find creative ways to keep the physique. Although, I doubt my weight will change a whole lot with my metabolism and the fact that I eat very healthy foods, for the most part.

Most important thing is to keep moving and not use "too tired after work" as an excuse. Swimming is great for bad knees and arthritis. Swimming in the ocean is great for your skin too. Regular trips to Florida, anyone?

I can spell GYM,,but never go!! I walk, and eat healthy,,well most of the time! The winter is the absolute worse for energy loss, and weight gain, for many of us, so I eat in moderation, and have this profession as my exercise,,so it's a win win!!!

• Like 1