Three Wishes

So, let's say you're stuck on a tropical desert island. Just to add a little background ambiance, you were sightseeing on a small fishing vessel. Suddenly, a major sea storm blew in from nowhere and the dang boat sunk. So sorry, no refunds.

You, the lone survivor, were washed up on shore during the night. Don't know why you were sightseeing during the night, but what the hell - this is just setting the scene.

In the morning, you wake up in a daze, face-down in the sand. Mmmmm...sand. Ptuooeee..spit..spit..spit. You pick the sand crabs off your nipples and other parts (ouch ouch ouch) and stagger to your feet. Your clothes have mysteriously washed away to a bare minimum. Good thing too, cuz it's starting to get pretty hot.

Under the brilliant sun, you wander along the beachfront hoping to find a telephone or convenience store. You come across a banged-up brass vase. "Well", you say to yourself, "it ain't a telephone, but it might make a nice souvenir for the coffee table". You're obviously not thinking clearly yet, because there ain't a coffee table in sight!

You decide to pause and shine the artifact with the scant remnants of your clothing. With each slow, deliberate stroke the object vibrates and hums with increasing intensity. You linger and stroke and pay very close attention when rubbing the top of the vase. To your amazement, the top pops off and a wonderous, creamy vapour spurts and pours forth.

In front of you stands a vision of joyous, incredible beauty. The creature introduces itself with a combination of dignity and sensuality that defies gravity (ok, screwy metaphor). It also gracefully offers a gift of 3 wishes - with restrictions naturally (the creature mentions something about no Greek):

Ixnay on wishing for more ishesway

Don't try to bring back the dead - they stink

....other than that - you're good to go.

Don't forget you're on a desert island, no coffee table, no telephone, no boat, no clothes, no food or water....

What are your 3 wishes master?

Edited by Jabba
  • Like 3

I only really have one wish... to have back someone Iost 6 years ago... don't need anything else.

• Like 2

Ok I'll bite. This is without any thought, right off the top of my head...

1. A better, safer world for my young fellow to inherit

2. Basic human rights for everybody on the planet

3. A never-ending beer fountain.

My first wish would be used to get me off the island

2nd wish would be for incredible wealth enough to take on big corporations/oil co's /government to stop pollution, poverty, species extinction and create new enforced animal welfare laws.

3rd wish, the intelligence to know how to right all the wrongs, human, and environmental. I'd be busy:)

• Like 2

Guest P**aq

I'm going to take the more me-and-CERB approach and wish for the following CERB people to appear on the island to keep me company:

1. Cristycurves because of her heart and love of animals

2. BeutifulDelilah because of her eloquent posts and thoughtful words

3. Then about a year later I would wish for all the guys and gals of CERB to appear for the ultimate CERB Social!

I only really have one wish... to have back someone Iost 6 years ago... don't need anything else.

I just lost someone really close. I would go for this too.

• Like 2

I just lost someone really close. I would go for this too.

Very sorry to hear about your loss.... i can tell you there is a path ahead and support will come from all the expected places and some unexpected. The death of someone you love and the grief you experience will change your life.... but not end it.

Good luck on your journey

• Like 1

Wish one: to be returned home, safe and sound.

Wish two: great health and youthful vitality for the next 1000 years. (Sneaky life extension wish)

Wish three: full access to my brain's potential, 100% utilization.

I figure with safety, health & intellect, I can acquire anything else that I might need or want.

• Like 1

To go back in time to Oct 12, 2013 and knowing then what I know now I would have avoided Thanksgiving with my family. That weekend, because I was with family, well my life got turned upside down and I'm still dealing with it. Not to mention I no longer like or trust my family

Second wish, long and short, happiness.

Third wish, just keep it in a back pocket with the freedom to give the wish away to someone if I so choose.

RG

• Like 2

Guest K***e D****ls

Oooh I'll play. :)

I would most likely want to stay on that island. I'm resourceful and a loner anyway so that wouldn't bother me. Now for my wishes.... *rubs hands together*

1. Seashells: At least my treehouse that I built would have some awesome art and whatnot from my shell decorations. The ocean would give me new treasures daily so it would always be a treat to go onto the beach and hunt.

2. A killer aim: I'm going to be fishing via wooden spear and mama's gonna get hungry quick (vegetarian/vegan, I am not) if I can't kill some fishies for sashimi. Grant me a deadly aim and quick.

3. Animals for pets: I don't care what they are. Just some animal companions to love and care for and give me a sense of purpose on my island.

Oooh I'll play. :)

I would most likely want to stay on that island. I'm resourceful and a loner anyway so that wouldn't bother me. Now for my wishes.... *rubs hands together*

1. Seashells: At least my treehouse that I built would have some awesome art and whatnot from my shell decorations. The ocean would give me new treasures daily so it would always be a treat to go onto the beach and hunt.

2. A killer aim: I'm going to be fishing via wooden spear and mama's gonna get hungry quick (vegetarian/vegan, I am not) if I can't kill some fishies for sashimi. Grant me a deadly aim and quick.

3. Animals for pets: I don't care what they are. Just some animal companions to love and care for and give me a sense of purpose on my island.

If you get rescued by nice people or an International Man of Mystery for example !!! Yay !! ;) That's safe ??

But if the Nazi's show up..............

Your pet watch dog will bark

You will throw down the wooden fish spear

Grab some guns

A quick practice gun shoot at the seashells ... ding ding BULLSEYE

and Bazinga

Beware ! Kylie's got Guns !!!!! ;)

I would wish for the following:

1. "My Darien Castle" complete with all the furnishings, working sewer & water system, and solar power systems.
  2. Two beautiful, sweet, loving, women companions between the age of 25 - 35, with domestic skills, and a passion for gardening & farming. (Nationality - Scottish, English or Irish.)
  3. Hobby farm complete with the appropriate animals. With no more than one male and two female of each hobby farm animal type -- all capable of breeding.

I specifically requested "My Darien Castle" because it will have everything needed to survive on the island. Books on how to cook, preserve, can, garden, farming, etc... A complete assortment of home and garden tools. The castle already has a fully stocked root cellar. the castle is also equipped with appropriate supplies, clothing and toiletries for the ladies and myself. The castle has an armory so we would have weapons for hunting and defence.

For the second wish I specifically said "woman companion" since a female companion could be interpreted as a dog or cat. Why two women - it is a five-bedroom castle. Lots of room for children OR privacy. ;) I also specified that the women have domestic skills and passionate about farming and gardening. No they would not do all the work -- we would share these duties. Makes for better harmony in the house IMHO.

The third wish was for a "hobby farm". The animals will be able to bread and sustain us with meat, milk, eggs, and soap. The horse and bull can be used to help plow the garden and gather other resources found around the island.

Darien Castle

http://www.dantyree.com/plans/darien/

OK. I have way too much time on my hands. lol

Guest K***e D****ls
If you get rescued by nice people or an International Man of Mystery for example !!! Yay !! ;) That's safe ??

But if the Nazi's show up..............

Your pet watch dog will bark

You will throw down the wooden fish spear

Grab some guns

A quick practice gun shoot at the seashells ... ding ding BULLSEYE

and Bazinga

Beware ! Kylie's got Guns !!!!! ;)

I have a wicked aim with a gun. Spear is quite another thing! haha I assume it would have to be wood. I'd sharpen it with a tiger tooth I found in the jungle.

I watched 'Swiss Family Robinson' as a kid. I know what's up! I'd survive. No, I'd thrive! haha

Guest Be***iful****lah

1.) A guarantee that every single child on this planet is safe, loved, cherished, and happy.

2.) Every single mental illness in every person would be cured.

3.) The only form of death existing would be old age, peacefully while you sleep.

1.) A guarantee that every single child on this planet is safe, loved, cherished, and happy.

2.) Every single mental illness in every person would be cured.

3.) The only form of death existing would be old age, peacefully while you sleep.

I retract my previous posts..... i like Delilah's much more.... very well said.

Guest K***e D****ls
my first wish would be that I always have three wishes

Not allowed. ;) Now your wishes are null and void and you're stranded forever. Meet me at my treehouse when the sun hits the top of the ocean. I'm making drinks in hollowed out coconuts with rum I found that pirates left behind and coconut water. I do have a dresscode, as this is a semi-formal event. Loincloth, not grass skirt.

Not allowed. ;) Now your wishes are null and void and you're stranded forever. Meet me at my treehouse when the sun hits the top of the ocean. I'm making drinks in hollowed out coconuts with rum I found that pirates left behind and coconut water. I do have a dresscode, as this is a semi-formal event. Loincloth, not grass skirt.

Sounds like a fun time to be had so after this encounter I really don't care about anymore wishes

• Like 1

@ Angela

I wished for happiness and that covers, well everything, including a boat.

No the boat wasn't forgotten, not to mention brand new truck, and, well I could go on

Money seems so obvious and may not bring happiness, but if truck and boat amongst other things bring happiness, well my wish for happiness bring me a truck and boat amongst other things

RG :-)

• Like 2

2nd wish would be for incredible wealth enough to take on big corporations/oil co's /government to stop pollution, poverty, species extinction and create new enforced animal welfare ....

Wow Cristy. Even when you wish to be filthy rich it's a selfless act! ;)

1. First to get off this island. Not going to waste a wish on just wishing to be home. Going in style. 200 foot yacht with full crew parked right there aught to do it.

2. Incredible wealth so I can buy all the things my greedy little heart desires. ..... and yeah, all that stuff Cristy said too.

3. Immortality. Going to take me a long time to spend that kind of money. (And save the world and stuff ;) )

3 of my favourite cerb women, all at once (and that 'once' would last a very long time!)

Oops, force of habit: I mean lyla