I was reading another thread in which the comment was made that the gentleman booked an appointment, arrived and while the SP was the lady in the pictures, they were taken in a way that "left out" certain aspects.

Now my first comment is that every SP, no matter who they are, takes pictures in a way that plays up their best features and downplays others. Honestly, we as people have a good side and a bad side and features that look better certain ways. When a picture is presented, it is to entice people to delve deeper into the "who" and stir the senses to the point of wanting to meet.

I'll use myself as an example, I advertise as a voluptuous woman, a BBW, rubenesque etc. I use those terms consistently and throughout. When it comes to my pictures, I focus more on my face than other areas because I believe the face is very expressive of both inner and outer nature (where in many cases it's the body that is the focus and not the face).

Would this be viewed as misleading because you don't see the whole package even though the body type is very much presented? Or is it that perhaps with all the labels bandied about that BBW, Curvy, voluptuous etc. have a certain mental image and reality can sometimes be outside this?

This is just an aspect I hadn't thought of and would like insight from those who are showing up at doors unknown about what constitutes "misleading"

• Like 4

I think it would behoove all concerned to remember that almost no one appears in real life as they do in photographs and videos. In other areas of life such as with those in the public eye they often use this to their advantage. I've encountered very public people when they were "off duty" and, were I not told who to expect, would never have recognized them.

In the area of interest of this board no person has exactly matched my mind's image which is formed from their posted images, blogs, posts and emails. But they've been close enough!

Misleading to me would be posting 15 year old pictures and trying to pass yourself off as a 20 year old or describing yourself as a "true spinner" and posting pics that intentionally do not display your prodigious bubble butt (not that I'm knocking large asses).

Midnight's point is well taken that in any situation we will present ourselves as favourably as possible. We as the clients need to keep this in mind.

• Like 2

I don't think I would book with a lady if it looked like she was hiding something. I understand every man and woman wants to have the most flattering pictures of themselves they can but I would do everything possible to make sure when the door opened I wasn't surprised.

If you advertise voluptuous or BBW then I can't see anyone being surprised when they saw you.

• Like 1

There is a big difference between emphasizing your positives and misleading.... of course a lady is going to sell to her strength.

• Like 3

There is a big difference between emphasizing your positives and misleading.... of course a lady is going to sell to her strength.

Yes. Exactly.

And, as said already, there are few who will resemble their photos exactly when met. That's the nature of photos. So, I would never hold a woman up to whatever preconceived notion of her appearance I may get from a photo. Unless the photo was taken by one of the few masters in the game, there's a lot about the lady that just won't be captured.

• Like 2

I'm not sure you should be concerned:) since everyone perceives even the obvious differently. Sometimes expectations can be set to high even when the picture is clear, accurate and descriptions are exact, some will read more or less into them. As it's said a picture can paint a thousand words but those words are different to everyone:)

• Like 3

what constitutes "misleading"

A few I have seen in the past couple of years:

1: Lady had photoshopped her pics to make her bust way bigger and her waist smaller. She was plenty attractive without the 'shopping so I don't know why she did it.

2: Lady airbrushed over all her tattoos. It would be ok if she had blurred them, that would not be so misleading. Giving the impression you have no tats when you are actually covered in them is not fair.

3: Touring lady using glamour style studio shots. When I go see her she has no make up, no lingerie, and coke bottle glasses. Hotel room is a pigsty. Paid top dollar and I consider that definite bait and switch.

Contrast these with say, Victoria Jolie who was exactly as advertised, even wore the exact outfit she had in her ad. Or Riley, who has simple straightforward pics that are exactly what you get.

• Like 1

Guest K***e D****ls

I think if stats and info are correct (no tweaking for things to sound good or shaving off pounds, adding inches, etc), no one can say a word when you show up as such.

With photoshop so prevalent in this industry, I'm big on candids. I post them all the time on my twitter, in many environments and poses, and have a candid album on my site. What you see is what you get. I can't stand photoshop because it's such a lie with all the body sculpting and whatnot. I literally blur out a mole I have, my face , and even out skin tone (in case of any tan lines- can't stand those!). That's it. If there's a roll in my back in a specific pose, baby, you get that roll.

While it's good to portray positives and good angles, it tends to go overboard. I don't want anyone to cock their head sideways at me and think 'Damn, didn't she look better in the pictures!'

Guest P**aq

I see nothing wrong in accentuating the positives. Besides, if the gentleman does his research, he (hopefully) has read all about her on web site and knows more about her than just looking at a picture. Sure, a picture is worth a thousand words, but words speak volumes.

Actually in my experience, the ladies I've seen, their photos were if anything, a reasonable facsimile of who I was seeing, if that's the right way to phrase it. But if I knew how beautiful these ladies really were, my already weak knees would have given out on the way to answering the door. Guess in a long winded way, the photos of the ladies I've seen haven't been misleading, unless you count the lady being even more beautiful than her photos as misleading.

Some ladies do in fact hide their faces, or cover up tattoos. That isn't in my opinion misleading. Ladies may have other lives and not wish their faces, or tattoos or anything else unique and identifying showing. That's not being misleading. Just because a professional companion is offering and allowing you to see her intimately doesn't mean she has to provide identifying photos on the web where the whole world can see. If she wanted to do that she could pose for Playboy and receive compensation for the photos she provides

Misleading photos to me are a lady who uses someone else's photos, not her own. But to answer your question Tracie, and with the caveat we haven't met, but with your photos and how you describe yourself, that is an honest reflection of you, I don't believe you are misleading anyone

Now when I schedule an encounter and the lady meets me, am I misleading her with my avatar photo of John Malkovich ;-)

A rambling

RG

• Like 1

It's all marketing, and while there are no formal rules for it, the terms, like in any advertisement, should be relatively clear: The ad is going to absolutely emphasize the positives and minimize those things that may be viewed as negatives by some, while highlighting features they feel are unique/special.

I think that the only expectation beyond this would be that the ad doesn't actively lie - dramatic Photoshop, different person, etc.

If someone is expecting anyone to be without imperfections of any sort, simply because they did not specifically state them in their ad, they are being unrealistic.

No one puts "I like to take long lunches and occasionally check the internet for sports scores" on their resume. Yet, I think that may describe more than one or two people that I know.

• Like 2

I do my best to show myself as I am . I don't wear heavy makeup and photo shot my images at all. However just as Tracey mentioned we have sides or better parts and sometimes we work around this.

I like to talk about myself only and as an example I have lean and muscular body . This does not really show to my determent but there is no doubt when you view my photos I am very fit. So I would choose clothing and posses that flatter the feminine side of me I would not present a photo of me in a posing suit doing a front double bicep, enough said there.

Every lady I meet has a different body, face etc. and there are many different men that appreciate different looks. So best to be who you are and the right person that is truly attracted to you will find you.

• Like 1

There are many indicators that an ad may be too good to be true and the picture is just one....

I have found that if you rake your time...and do your appropriate research... ie. read her ads, check her posts, see if she has recommendations from reputable CERB members than your chances of a successful encounter us very very very high and in most cases what you see when the beautiful lady opens the door will exceed expectations.

Hey.... if there are no recommendations... and the ad sounds too good to be true....... think.... What would your mother tell you. lololol

Just my opinion

• Like 1

Photo (s) drive my initial curiosity. It's true that some people are more photogenic than others which can present surprises both good and bad. I prefer very current pictures a year or two old at the most as things can and do change quickly. I like to see a true representation of body type, I'm not an fan of enhancements to it's nice to be able to determine that as well by photo as well.

I also find that it's not reliable to read someones opinion on looks without seeing a current photo because we all have such very different taste and preferences. What some one thinks is attractive may strike me as ho hum and obviously vice-versa.

If I have the slightest doubt, I move along.

Peace

MG

• Like 1

We all know that providers will show off their best attributes, so understanding that, we the clients have to take responsibility for our own choices. Sometimes I view an album and get a sense of the lady by the photos and poses she doesn't post. If she won't show her midrift she probably has a little bit of tummy, so use all the clues, e.g. height and weight, and unless the photos are false use your judgement.

• Like 1

We all know that providers will show off their best attributes, so understanding that, we the clients have to take responsibility for our own choices.

Everyone does -clients and providers want to be seen in the best light, so we ALL have to realize no one is as described or pictured. As it's impossible to see all in pics and a verbal description is different for everyone. No one minds eye sees the same thing:) Clients are guilty of describing and pushing their best attributes as well and in my experience many over sell themselves. I've met more than a few men that did not match the description they provided me. Some were much older, younger, some that described being muscular were thin and normal, others said to be "carrying a few extra pounds" were obese, some eyes weren't as described, heights different and some who described themselves as business men looked more blue collar. I am accepting of all types and appreciate all looks but an awful lot of men tend to verbally airbrush themselves:( I'm not sure if this would be a simple case of we all see things differently or arrogance of thinking you are more than you are, or perhaps both:)

Mind you it is easier for women to enhance their looks giving an impression that we are more than we actually are. Many here wear hair extensions, have had breast enhancements, wear heels, lol,, I've had men tell me I was shorter without them, duhh!!! Obviously when you take off 4-5 inch heels you are going to be 4-5 inches shorter, lol. A lot where makeup and a lot of making out is going to remove that so your girl won't look as "neat" after a playtime, sometimes better, sometimes worse. Some where padded bras, corsets that cinch in waists, some change their hair color. In the end, as it's supposed to be, or so it's said it's supposed to be, we are all attracted to one another beyond the physical, if there has been some conversing and chemistry developed that is;) If someone is going to see someone solely based on a picture and verbal description, solely because of their looks, or one or the other, in most cases be prepared to be disappointed or happily surprised, but never expect what you expect:).

Edited by cr**tyc***es
  • Like 3

Very well stated Cristy. I agree completely. Never expect exactly what you see. There are too many factors that go into the photos. Especially if the shots seem to be professional ones. For face pics, top notch makeup people will often do a makeover that the woman can never recreate for herself. And photographers can often get just the perfect angles and shots that hide even the smallest imperfections.

Honestly, the photos aren't the thing that gets me when looking for an encounter. It's the wording and the sincerity that comes through. I look for wit, intelligence and confidence. I don't need the generic " hot babe" "will rock your world" drivel that many ads seem to have in them. There is an art to the spoken or written word that I find attractive. If you can capture that art, you can capture our attention and even the guys who are more visual will subconsciously feel that. For example, I read Cristycurves webpage and was blown away before even looking at the gallery. Trust me, these things are a huge turn-on.

• Like 2

While professional pictures are nice to present, they are extremely hard to live up even if you are already an attractive by regular standards..without the makeup, lighting, etc. You cannot carry photographer's lighting to create the same look. To expect a person to look the exact same way in the picture is ridiculous. However, using pictures like that often times can produce too many high expectations.

I've been using pictures I have taken myself for the last few years and people tell me I look better in person. There isn't as much pressure and I can look like myself. The only thing that changes with me from time to time is the blonde shade of my hair and the length. As for only capturing the positive side in a picture, isn't that the point? Afterall, there is a level of professionalism that we need to aspire to.

I'm certainly nowhere near perfect yet I know I'm attractive but that doesn't mean I should deny catching the beautiful aspects of myself. Don't expect the exact same picture. Small things such as different hairstyles or varying shades of color change in the course of 3- 6 months but that certainly doesn't qualify as a bait and switch.

The key is to have realistic expectations and understand that we're not magazine cover models. If a person is building the SP up to be a fantasy and then disappointed by the outcome, the SP should not entirely be at fault unless of course she's using fake pictures or ones she knows she can't live up to.

• Like 4

I'm certainly nowhere near perfect yet I know I'm attractive but that doesn't mean I should deny catching the beautiful aspects of myself. Don't expect the exact same picture.

The key is to have realistic expectations and understand that we're not magazine cover models. If a person is building the SP up to be a fantasy and then disappointed by the outcome, the SP should not entirely be at fault unless of course she's using fake pictures or ones she knows she can't live up to.

I think that right there is the whole key to this conversation. Really well said, Ms. Nicolette. There is no such thing as perfection and people have to realize that. I never go into this expecting some fantasy that is, frankly, unattainable. I do, however, understand (and appreciate) that you ladies have to put your best "side" out there because you are obviously trying to attract potential customers. We, as clients, just have to realize this and understand the dynamic of advertising. I think we do but sometimes forget when it comes to this particular industry. (little brain fogs big brain and our idiot asses go off half-cocked into lala land)

• Like 3