Cerb vs. Terb vs. Perb vs. Merb

I wanted to write a post to discuss what the differences both clients and providers find with these forums. As someone who mostly has used TERB and I am relatively new to CERB, I cannot help but see that users of this site are far more active than those of TERB, and the general discussions are far more engaging. TERB has also removed their chat room, but when I did use it, it was pretty much like TER where not many people were in there and not many people chatting at all. However, the chat room on this site is quite active and enjoyable.

I have not really used Perb or Merb yet, but I wanted to see what everyone else thinks of all of these sites and what differences you notice as either a client or provider.

• Like 1

Cerb......fun friendly great place for information on all sorts of ladies and topics.

Terb......very often a sandbox with people throwing sand at eachother, but still some good information

Merb... Mostly montreal stuff

Posted via Mobile Device

• Like 4

I've looked at the other erb sites and will not participate on them. Too much fighting Imo.

I love cerb because it's a place where providers and hobbyists can interact in a civilized and adult fashion. I have friends on this site.

• Like 8

CERB isn't just a board, it's a community

CERB isn't a boy's club, Ladies can come here and they feel safe. Here, we, ladies and gents alike are all opposite sides of the same coin, not us versus them

RG

• Like 9

I participate in 3 of them - Merb, Terb and Cerb. Of the three, I hardly visit Merb. I find that Terb is more liberal in that reviews are accepted either positive or negative. Sometimes, opinions of some terbites are aggressive and can really turn some people off. Luckily, these aggressive posts including such things as personal attacks, name callings, and accusation against the mods or the site could be removed by reporting them to the Mods.

I find that cerb is better managed and the atmosphere is friendlier. It is a recommendation board and not a review board like Terb. I enjoy the discussions and community spirit here. It is more SP-friendly and you tend to see more advertisments here. Advertising is free of charge too.

• Like 4

I don't have a lot of experience with the other sites, but it seems to me that the main difference is that cerb is a recommendation board, not a review board. Negative comments are not welcome here. This makes for an environment that is much more welcoming to the sps themselves. Keeping the bashing away means we can have more open and meaningful discussions. Nobody wants to hang around in a crowd where there is constant bickering, or where they are getting bad mouthed by someone with an axe to grind.

Just my thoughts on the subject.

• Like 6

Guest a**4*

Cerb will always be better than those others sites here the ladies are treated with respect there it is all mud slinging I was there once to see what it was all about did not stay nor will I ever return to terb it is not a friendly site lots of trash talking I will stay with cerb excellent site and members

Oh my goodness, the difference is huge. I tried with merb because I'm in Montreal but the hostility is palpable- between the men and the ladies, and between the men themselves. I never felt like a human being on there. It is very graphic and cold.

Cerb is simply this: warmth in my heart. It is so lovely and encouraging and we treat each other with humanity and respect. I have to say that the men on cerb are some of the best men I've ever met, even outside the business. These are men I wish existed more in the real world :)

Yay cerb! Thank you for bringing heart, happiness and fun to this industry.

• Like 8

I'm a member on perb, terb, merb, cerb and caerf. Caerf is definitely the friendliest review board out of them all. I haven't participated much here other than to post articles on C-36 but I enjoy the friendly atmosphere here too.

When I was still working as a SP in BC, perb was the best place to advertise.

One positive benefit from dealing with C-36 is that perb/terb/merb are communicating and sharing info between boards instead of operating as totally separate entities.

• Like 1

Guest Cr**gCa***ng

Yes and in the short time I've been here I have been most happy with CERB. I am aware of the others but see no need to patronize them. If it ain't broke then don't fix it. I am not into whining, bitching or complaining nor am I the slightest bit inclined towards drama. I've met some nice people here!

Edited by Cr**gCa***ng

MASSIVE difference.

I have use all of them because I tour the country from time to time.

Cerb is really friendly and SP are really accepted. But it is a recommendation not a review board which could make a difference

Terb:

Brutal as hell. I have to use it because I am base in Toronto and that's where I get the most of my business. People are mean like no tomorrow

Merb:

Not as bad as terb, but a lot of cheap people. Bitching in French and English.

Perb: friendliest of the t/m/p board.

Caerf: the most friendly board out there, not as active as terb, but guys seriously thanks each other for the reviews and community seem good. Business wise it doesn't seem to give me a lot of hit on my website, but heck it's free for indy SP to advertise

hope this help!

Edited by Malika Fantasy
  • Like 8

I thought mentioning the other boards here was decreed verboten?

I think general discussions like this are OK (but I may be wrong, and if this thread suddenly vanishes that would probably be why :) ). What's verboten is sending people to other boards as a means of working around the no-negative-stuff rule here.

• Like 2

This is really the only one of the "erb" boards that I am active on. I do have an account on the perb boards but even though I am in BC, that board is really more about the Vancouver/ Victoria/ Kelowna areas and there isn't any advertising or reviews for my neck of the woods. A little bit in central BC but not much otherwise so I find that I am more active in the Alberta boards (CAF). That is where most of the touring SPs are for my area so that is who I converse with more. I'm not as active here as I am there but I do like the positive attitude and mutual respect that this community offers. I like the people here and it seems that my meager contributions are appreciated. It's not a versus thing, I just find something I like and stick with it.

• Like 2

I'm on Cerb, Terb, and Merb, and they all seem to be quite different, but each are useful in different ways.

I was actually skeptical about joining Cerb for the longest time, since it seemed sort of like an exclusive club you need to be on the VIP list to get into. After joining on a whim, I realized how wrong I was, and how lovely and respectful everyone, both men and SP's are on here. I haven't really met many people from here..I think only one person? But from the ones I've chatted to, and just reading the threads and recommendations, everyone just seems to be very supportive of each other, which I find really beautiful, because that's so hard to find being in this business.

Terb is..well, a whole other ballgame. It certainly has it's perks, since there are a lot of SP's trying to scam or rip people off, and it's good for the men to be able to share experiences such as that with each other, and I think that negative reviews can be a good thing as well, since if you take it as constructive criticism, it can help someone improve in areas where they may be lacking, such as communication, or overall friendliness, or rushing, etc.

The only problem I've found with this board though(at least mainly in the Ottawa area I find), is that a large portion of men on there are malicious, nasty, and downright mean. I feel like I'm back in high school with all of the catty girls when reading through that board these days. And the thing is, there could very easily be men lying in their reviews, and yet the guys will pounce on anything negative as a reason to boycott an SP. I actually also know that some agencies will make deals with the men on here, that in exchange for a good review for a girl, the guys will get a discounted session, which isn't a very honest review in the end, since the SP may be very different than the men are painting them out to be. I've very rarely read anything on there that actually speaks as if the SP's are actual human beings worthy of respect. I do have to say though, it provides me my daily entertainment! Or is that wrong to say..?

Merb seems to be the same as Terb, though not as exciting unfortunately! There does seem to be way more positive reviews than negative, but that could very well be because there's a lot of good SP's in Montreal? Hard to say..

All-in-all, each board serves a purpose and it's good in way to have that variety there.

Posted via Mobile Device

Edited by Amber Rose
  • Like 5

I travel a fair bit and have used all these boards depending on where I am but I've never really thought about the differences. I live in TO but I do find that I'm on cerb more often just to check in see what's what. I use the other boards to get info but I come to Cerb to just for fun.

• Like 2

MASSIVE difference.

I have use all of them because I tour the country from time to time.

Cerb is really friendly and SP are really accepted. But it is a recommendation not a review board which could make a difference

Terb:

Brutal as hell. I have to use it because I am base in Toronto and that's where I get the most of my business. People are mean like no tomorrow

Merb:

Not as bad as terb, but a lot of cheap people. Bitching in French and English.

Perb: friendliest of the t/m/p board.

Caerf: the most friendly board out there, not as active as terb, but guys seriously thanks each other for the reviews and community seem good. Business wise it doesn't seem to give me a lot of hit on my website, but heck it's free for indy SP to advertise

hope this help!

Thank you! I am on Caerf but I do not post there so much. But I am really enjoying CERB! and I have to agree with you about TERB.. wow do I ever get awful emails from horrible guys on that site and the forums are very difficult to participate as a provider because it seems like just a bunch of college jocks bromancing about the poon they are probably not really getting.

• Like 1

Not familiar with boards other than Cerb and Perb and joined both around the same time.

Cerb- more like social media (facebook with more nudity), central Canada centric, SP friendly, reco's versus reviews interestingly have only met 1 or 2 SP's directly through Cerb.

Perb- western Canada centric, a little rougher, client friendly, reviews versus reco's and have saved a bunch of cash because of this, also have only met only 1 or 2 SP's directly through Perb but avoided a bunch.

Both boards have pro's and cons and seem to have lots of members though the vast majority lurk and each have a small group of dedicated posters. Overall though these boards represents a small percentage of those who are actually engaged in the game.

Peace

MG

• Like 1

I find the Ottawa section of terb is actually very good. Reviews are balanced and honest, and the majority of posters are respectful. It's a good complement to what cerb offers.

• Like 1

I think general discussions like this are OK (but I may be wrong, and if this thread suddenly vanishes that would probably be why :) ). What's verboten is sending people to other boards as a means of working around the no-negative-stuff rule here.

And what is interesting about this comment is that it is presumed and assumed that trash talking is not just permitted, but encouraged on all the other sites, even the ones promoted as most friendly lol.

It should be noted that p/t/m erbs are all the same board admin/owner. If they are communicating amongst each other, that should not really be a big surprise, after all. p erb is simply t erb for out west. Same guy to be contacted if you want to send a message to the admin.

This site is what it is due to moderation. no one is undoing the moderator/admin mandates, or permitting hostility. This kind of moderation goes a long way in explaining why certain types of people, who are active on all those other sites, show up here and either leave shortly after, or rarely participate. When you are an aggressive, trollish, baiting, lying, trash talking poster, you have no place on this site.

And that is the number one reason you will find more sps participating on this site over any other, regardless of any amount of business they might get. I've seen a dozen of the sps who are very active members of cerb, never or rarely posting on even their own reviews on other sites.

That alone tells a big story. Guys come here because if they post a good review, they get a thank you from other guys and from sps. They do the same post elsewhere, they get trashed and attacked.

Not exactly hard to figure out the differences, or the reasons why this site tends to have more active members.

• Like 6

Guest N***he**Ont**y

I am a member of Terb, Perb,Merb and Caef under a different alias and they are all different. Perb is more positive then Terb. I dont usually post there but I have followed discussions on them to decide if I would like to see a touring lady or not.

Different personality types enjoy different online environments. Some people like to laugh all day, others prefer to debate. Some use the boards to socialize, some only for research.

One thing I have learned throughout the C-36 process, is that we're all better off when we work together, rather than fight against one another.

Several times this year - we've been able to make an impact because of our ability to share info on forums across the country.

The Happy Hooker campaign, and the amount of emails received by Terri Jean Bedford are proof of that.

:D

Edited by Escapefromstress
forgot a word
  • Like 2

I agree with MsSarah on the different strokes for different folks as well as the sharing info aspect, but I am only a member on CERB. I prefer the positive vibe on the site over the other ERBS.

I'm a member of them all ....

I only post on the western / eastern boards when touring, so I'm not involved in the daily discussions.

I find on terb people are more honest and I get into less trouble. I can relax, be myself, post honestly and frankly and I get a ton of respect there. You've got to be able to take it when you dish it out.

I've had my wrists slapped more than once here ... all well deserved according to the guidelines, but I have to check myself. For someone who's always misbehavin' that's a challenge!

... and not that an occasional spanking is a bad thing :p

• Like 3