Pet Peeves directed at yourself

We all have pet peeves but is there anything you do consistenly that drives you crazy?

I hate sleeping in an un-made bed yet I don't end up making it until bedtime quite often! I get pissed at myself because I should have done it first thing in the am when I was wide awake!

I hate hard butter but yet when I use the rest of the soft stuff, I don't replace it until the next time I need it. Damn...then it's too hard and I have to wait!

When the snow stops and I should think of shoveling I put it off. Invariably, something comes up and I need to rush out but alas, I must shovel first!

Hmmmm perhaps i should change this thread to "Who else is a procrastinator!"

We all have pet peeves but is there anything you do consistenly that drives you crazy?

I hate sleeping in an un-made bed yet I don't end up making it until bedtime quite often! I get pissed at myself because I should have done it first thing in the am when I was wide awake!

I hate hard butter but yet when I use the rest of the soft stuff, I don't replace it until the next time I need it. Damn...then it's too hard and I have to wait!

When the snow stops and I should think of shoveling I put it off. Invariably, something comes up and I need to rush out but alas, I must shovel first!

Hmmmm perhaps i should change this thread to "Who else is a procrastinator!"

LOL!!! ALL of the above and then some!!! I hate hair and if there is even one hair on my soap, I have to pick it out (eve if it's mine) before I'll use it - so to prevent this, I wax :)

Here is something I never told anyone before, every time I take the elevator or stairs to climb up I have an urge to go and pee. Now I often think about it and if I stop in a bathroom to do my business before going up, nothing happens. But as soon as I'm up 2 - 3 floor I need to go. Same thing if I start looking for something in the basement at home, I have to go back upstairs and do my thing and return to my search again. Might be old age, but I never forget where the bathroom is.

Tristan...that is why I am strictly a body wash gal now!!!

NJ....the urge to pee always comes at the most horrible time; then again, we are the same age so maybe you are on to something!

Guest S**a*Q

Procrastination sometimes does work in my favor as I do work better on a time limit...

AND...

Procrastination is like masturbation.

In the end, you're only f*cking yourself!

something i do that drives myself craaaazy is...... constantly play with and adjust my glasses.. they irritate my nose and ears and everyone comments on me messing around with them... its not just these glasses its any and all glassez in general... as far as procrastination goes... i've had a bag full of movies and an 'arent we naughty ' bag sitting on the floor next to the tv for 3 weeks now.... it drives me nuts seeing them there when i watch tv, but i still havent moved them ...lol

something i do that drives myself craaaazy is...... constantly play with and adjust my glasses.. they irritate my nose and ears and everyone comments on me messing around with them... its not just these glasses its any and all glassez in general... as far as procrastination goes... i've had a bag full of movies and an 'arent we naughty ' bag sitting on the floor next to the tv for 3 weeks now.... it drives me nuts seeing them there when i watch tv, but i still havent moved them ...lol

I can relate...what I hate the most about glasses is constant cleaning, or so it seems

If your glasses bug you (sound like heavy frames), try Nike frames, really lightweight...got mine last year, changed my life

RG

So many... it will sound like I am OCD...

Uncapped toothpaste tube

Bookstore make me want to go poo... everytime

Empty toilet paper rolls left on

Clean towels that smell like the damp is still in there

I put off doing laundry because I want to make efficient use of the washer and dryer by having full loads. Often I end up scrambling around for something clean to wear because I haven't gotten around to walking the two floors down to my basement to do a load.

I tend to take a new glass every time I have something to drink and then end up with no clean glasses. I make a mental note to try and use the same glass over again, but often never do it.

I make myself to do lists or reminders and then lose the lists and then say to myself I should really use the memo feature on my phone which I don't end up doing.

Great Thread. So mine is continually being too damn lazy to make my lunch. A fridge full of left overs but I just don't bother. Oh the 2 minutes it would take just doesn't seem to be available. Of couse then I'll spend 8 bucks on a daily basis on some lousy food court crap.

I put off doing the garbage until the morning of and then I'm running around like a mad woman when the garbage truck is literally down the street and I'm running out with hefty bags and recycling bins.

Another one is I will do the laundry, fold it but never put it away so I end up taking clothes to wear that day out of the basket of clean, folded laundry. Same thing with the diswasher until it's time to load it up again.

When I get out of the shower, I get the floor all wet along with the carpet.

I will leave cases of bottled water in the trunk of my car forever until the fridge is empty and I need them.

I never shovel or snowblow the laneway.. I just drive right over it because I can. I will come home and find a neighbor doing it. Meanwhile when spring is around the corner, i will have layers and layers of ice waiting to melt.

The worst is when I have a client coming to visit me. I can be ready with the room and everything in under 15 minutes and am literally straightening my hair as they are getting off the elevator or knocking on the door.

I admit I am a procrastinator and find that I do well under pressure because I always feel that I need to be challenged if that makes any sense. It does however get me stressed out so I try to do things a little bit at a time especially if I need to be somewhere at a designated time.

I always only put 20 dollars in gas in my vehicle (i dont know why) so of course I am always running out at the worse time....but tonight I splurged and put in $40 lol.Oh and the peeing thing I am the worst for that I know I have to go but hold it and then am going to burst at the worst time:(

talk about procrastination i did a favor for someone and i hav,nt completed it

I have a couple of little shiny things sitting in a box on my desk,i had them made for a friend and promised to ship them weeks ago but i keep trying to find a way to deliver them in person when i should have just fedexed them- now i,m going to be only a few hours away in two weeks and am trying to get there in person - why can,t i just send them !!!!!!!!

I am a procrastinator thru and thru. My major downfall is paperwork. I have no organizational system in place altho I have researched the topic to death, decided on the structure, bought all the necessities and yet there it sits. A filing cabinet filled with file folders, label makers, colorful post it notes, fancy letter openers and tape dispensers. I have it all and yet it just sits there.

Unpacking my suitcases. They never get unpacked until I need something from them and then everything ends up in a disheveled pile because I'm in a rush and need a specific item. It can take days until I have needed each item and by then it's time to repack.

Fresh vegetables and fruit. I usually have a fridge full but they rot and I always reach for the frozen as they are quicker and more convenient. So I have stopped buying them for now. There is nothing more disgusting than a drawer full of slimy, rotten produce and then I spend the time cleaning it out feeling incredibly guilty about the starving children in the world.

I never gas my car up when I have time and then when I am in a rush I have to do it and can't find a full serve station. My favorite station just relocated from downtown to Merivale so thats a pit. I hate self serve and Canadian men never offer to pump a girls gas.

Exercise. I have always been an intended exerciser. Like the paperwork I mentioned above, I have all the gizmos and necessities and it lasts 22.6 minutes before I am bored silly and get distracted with something else. I've tried gyms but my edit button implodes and I always end up saying something to some moron who actually isn't a moron but is doing something that my research has shown to be ineffective and I stop going out of embarrassment. They are actually doing it and I'm just mouthing off. Big "L" on my forhead there.

I hate messy pillows and have a bazillion of them. My godson thinks I have the best jumping beds in the world and I spend the whole time he's bouncing gritting my teeth wanting to straighten the pillows he's just anihilated into every corner of the room.

Floors. I cannot stand dusty or dirty floors. I hate hair in the corners or smudges. This seems to be limited to my living spaces and doesn't seem to bother me in other places in the least. Very annoying when I am sitting with someone and see lint or some other offender I have missed. It distracts me to no end and as soon as they leave I have the dust buster out.

Stains. I hate stains on my sheets and towels. As soon as a towel shows the least sign of wear it is relegated to the cleaning rag bag and same goes for sheets. It kills me to take a 500 count sheet and turn it into dust rags but I know that if it has a stain I will never use it again.

These are the major pet peeves about me that I wish would just go away. I'm working on them, little by little, tomorrow....

cat

Procrastination sometimes does work in my favor as I do work better on a time limit...

AND...

Procrastination is like masturbation.

In the end, you're only f*cking yourself!

one day I will stop masturbating..............

then again..............this theory about masturbation would explain why I am so fucked up........:???:

I would have to say nail biting and my seemingly constant ability to volunteer for every shit job that comes along hahahaha Hence Afghanistan, WTF is this sailor doing in a desert!

Another one is I will do the laundry, fold it but never put it away so I end up taking clothes to wear that day out of the basket of clean, folded laundry.

I do this too!!!! I perpetually have my laundry bag full of clean, folded laundry, sitting at the foot of my bed, and by the time I get around to putting it away, it's usually covered in cat fur again. Grrrr. (grr to me, not to the cats, hahahah!)

one day I will stop masturbating..............

then again..............this theory about masturbation would explain why I am so fucked up........:???:

Poor Kimberley-Clarke (Kleenex) - stock prices will plummet for sure if that happens!

Guest al****s

My biggest pet peeve is wet floors...I know...odd huh? I've never claimed to be normal!! If I'm in shoes or boots it doesn't matter, but bare feet....ick...also, the thought of being in wet clothes makes my skin crawl.

a lot of us seem to have the same pet peeves!

Mine are:

-when you let a person in your lane when driving and they don't give you the thank you wave. That drives me NUTS!

-hair - my hair actually the moment it becomes detached from my head it is the most repulsive thing to me, especially in the shower!

-laundry -basically everything about it. I will put all the clean clothes on my bed to make me fold them before I go to bed... then, when bedtime comes, I'm too lazy and throw them somewhere... ugh! OR when I forget to take them out of the washing machine and they get that icky smell and then you have to wash them all over again

-spitting, especially when walking around bus stops, it makes me gag

-cigarette butts in beer bottles or glass or whatever.... EW, I used to bartend and I still can't handle that....

okay this is the last one

-when my girlfriends come over to my house and we all get ready, I let them use my make up and stuff, but, I am very specific about what brushes can be used for what product ... I'm getting better with that one :P