If you could live anywhere in the worldâ?¦

NEW YORK CITY. Hands down. I go there at least once a year, and the first time I stepped out of my cab in Manhattan I knew I was home. If only it wasn't so damned hard to move there!

If I could I'd love to live in vegas. i love playing in poker tourneys as well as poking the girls with my finger in the tummy.

Toronto. It's my home away from home; I love it there. As an added bonus, the hobbying scene is like a mecca.

I am quite happy in Ottawa and have a wonderful imagination so books have the ability to take me away to far off lands when ever I please :) But, if I had to choose....New Orleans smack dab in the French quarter.

I'm with Cleo Catra on this one.. I've lived there off and on for the last 7 years...by living i mean staying as long as i can up to 6 months at a time until i HAVE to go...boohoo...I feel so at home there and know it better then any city I've lived in Canada. I was lucky to just spend 6 weeks there between march and April.

Edited by Emma Alexandra

Ireland! Hands down I would move to Ireland. For a brief period in time I even considered becoming a mail order bride so I could live there.

Posted via Mobile Device

Canada!

New Zealand and Australia next

I've had the opportunity to see a lot of countries, and not just the tourist zones. I believe we live in the best country on earth.

New York for Cleo and Emma, but I think for a great cosmopolitan city it would have to be London for me.

Somewhere in Ontario, near a lake (for fishing) but within driving distance of Ottawa, Toronto and Hamilton to visit my favorite ladies

RG

I still want to remain in Canada. I love the Maritimes and would be where I would like to move to. I have spent the most time in PEI but honestly I don't think it would matter which province. I want to live on the waterfront somewhere.

My non Canada spot would be Kennebunkport, Maine.

Ideally I would live in the Maritimes spring to fall and Maine in the winter. Travel to the hotspots for winter vacations. Now that is just a great big dream !!

Ahhh, all my family and friends know it. If it wasn't for the job, I would want to live nowhere except MONTREAL, Quebec, Canada. It is heaven on earth. I used to go to university there and then started working in the university and was there a total of 5 and a half years and though I was financially squeezed, it was the best years of my life. Met so many lovely ladies in dance bars. They are hot with flowing warm blood and inner/outer beauties and sincere. I love the French culture especially their accent is soooo cute when they try to speak English. Unlike other major North American cities, housing was so inexpensive (then). So many bars and restaurants and multi-culturalism is so alive and strong. When I retire I will go back to Montreal (though I don't think by then ladies will be interested in me lol) and when I die, I want to be buried there for the good old days (young years I enjoyed so much).

London, England. The city is ALIVE with world culture and deep history. Living there, the city becomes a character of its own, and demands the best of you to deserve your place there. I've loved all the time I've spent there, and can't wait to return.

On the other hand, I really hated every minute I spent in New York. :) Just not the same experience for me at all.

Guest s****i*

Banff, Alberta is where I would want to be. I have many good memories there and I love being in the mountains. Also in the time I've spent there I met some really cool people from all over the world. And in talking with them I found that there is an awful lot of people from England, Australia, New Zealand, Japan, Germany, Austria, France... the rest of europe, they all want to come there. You ask about their mountains and you get "meh." That and some of the independent business owners are really nice people if you get to know them. Awesome skiing. Great views. If it weren't a national park it would have great roads for rally races around it. It's just a nice place to be. Especially in the offseason during weekdays when there's nobody around and the locals get friendlier. And there's lots of animals and trees and rocks... and it isn't smoggy. And the food is good. But if your not into natural beauty a concrete jungle might suit you better with man made artificial wonder. I guess that'd be okay too.

Canada! period.

I've had the priviledge of traveling thoughout many parts of the world for several years. Fast fowarding through the patriotic stuff, at the end of the day, this is the most incredible country on earth to come home to. We Canadians are spoiled rotten in so many ways (my view) and have so much to be grateful for, and yet we complain to other Canadians (and whoever else will listen to our self serving drivel) about how hard done by we are.

As an American diplomat recently opined about us about our sanctimonious view of world affairs in one of the recent Wiki leaks scandal leaks; "moral outrage is a Canadian specialty". They are right in my humble view....

Incidentally, I loved one of the responses I heard from a Canadian diplomat replying to the heavily quoted leak (from the US diplomat), "Is that all? you should hear what we say about you".

Be grateful folks and thank the immigrants who are choosing Canada as their new home - they are are future.

Musings from a very grateful Canadian

I'm with Cleo Catra on this one.. I've lived there off and on for the last 7 years...by living i mean staying as long as i can up to 6 months at a time until i HAVE to go...boohoo...I feel so at home there and know it better then any city I've lived in Canada. I was lucky to just spend 6 weeks there between march and April.

If I had a car (and knew how to drive it), and didn't have my cats (not that I'd change that!), I'd be doing the same thing. One of my favourite memories was walking around Greenwich Village on a sunny day, just wandering and listening to my ipod, and someone asked me for directions. They thought I lived there :D Even better, I was able to give them correct directions. Same trip there a local I was hanging out with all day was shocked to discover I didn't live there. Aaaaaahhh. What I'd give to live there!

Additional Comments:

The easiest way would be to marry someone from there.lol. I would if I could!

Oh believe me, I've had my eye out for an American 'husband' for years! I'd do it in a second!

I have to start by saying I'm a loyal Canadian and love our country. I'm with a few others and easily drawn to the attraction of New York or the Italian/French country side. But if I must pick one it is likely an island off the coast of Thailand in the Andaman Sea. The most beautiful place I've seen on this Earth.

I would love to have a nice place in the Laurentiens or down in Nova Scotia near Halifax.

• Like 1

We haven't done much travelling but If I had my way I would be very content to live at our family cottage on the Ottawa River. It is a place of peace and tranquility. I love to wake up and watch the ducks playing in the water. Life is just so simple at the cottage just the way we like it :)

I would have to say Vancouver! I have been there a few times, and I truly think I could be happy there as long as money was not a concern. But I must say, that would be if I had to move! I like Ottawa, and I would rather visit the rest of the world. This is my country, and I believe that there is no other place that I could feel more at home.

People have told me that the Australians have a similar way of living, so that could be a possibility! When I say a similar way of living I mean the mannerism and the way people treat each other.

I like having all seasons, I have seen all the landscapes in Canada and they are all amazing in their own ways. I have been to both coasts and I saw completely opposite ways of living and cultures. One of the most proud times was during the Olympics, one day there were thousands of people dancing in sync in the streets of Vancouver to a stupid song but everyone was having fun. I also loved how John Montgomery celebrated after winning the gold medal in the skeleton. He drank strait from the pitcher of beer!!!!! Any other country that would be a disaster, we cheered him on!!

To me there is no other place on earth than Canada for the people that live here!