Things that suck, and not in a good way.

writing a cheque for the orthodontist. He better be right about my daughter becoming a movie star when it's all done. Only way I'll pay off the bill.

Porthos

Still not feeling up 100% yet. Was sick last week for four days. Felt better by Thursday and then on Sunday it hit again like like a vengeance and I've been pretty much out of commission since then. Going for my first walk out of the house since Monday!

• Like 5

Oh Oh, that did not go well!

I have promised many people samplers of my Christmas cookies. Three kinds are done and came out just the way they were supposed to.

However, today was Florentines day. Lets just say that during the baking process they spread out too much and the first tray looks more like a crepe with Christmas ingredients. The second tray looked like cookies until I tried to take them off of the tray. How about cookie balls? The last tray was a combination of the first two.

However, they do taste good. Any ladies care to come over and we can melt the chocolate and use our fingers to dip them and just eat them like that. :)

Where is mistert when I need him. Next stop - youtube! I shall persevere!!!

Damn, damn, damn.

Just found a dead heifer calf born 2 weeks early. Mother wasn't ready to calve yet, so I suspect either physical trauma or a fever from something. I cannot be there for every birth, but when one goes wrong, I take it as my failure. :icon_sad:

• Like 2

sitting on a plane and the dude if front of you puts his seat back as far as it can go...ON MY Lap...grrrr

Thursday night in Brandon-dude snoring so loud I could hear him in my room.{he was in the room above me}

Friday night in Winnipeg- ladies drinking and talking very loud in the room next to me...I had to be up at 5am...grrf{I always thought airport hotels were made to sleep not party}

• Like 3

First got the call last week about mom's eye. Now just got a call from dad, he has just been diagnosed with cancer (leukemia) Apparently according to him it's the least serious (all cancer is serious) and most treatable form of leukemia. He starts chemo next week for five weeks

He told me not to worry, yeah right, I'm worried

RG

• Like 8

The charity I am involved with, which I love and enjoy being involved with, has an emergency needing a special meeting that I now have to go to which means I have to cancel a meeting I have been looking forward to for a while. Now to write that message I really do not want too :cry:

one of those horrible Chinese buffets for lunch. I still feel vaguely ill. May have to resort to Gaviscon!

Porthos

• Like 3

sitting on a plane and the dude if front of you puts his seat back as far as it can go...ON MY Lap...grrrr

Wasn't DATY on the in-flight menu ? ;)

Thursday night in Brandon-dude snoring so loud I could hear him in my room.{he was in the room above me}

Friday night in Winnipeg- ladies drinking and talking very loud in the room next to me...I had to be up at 5am...grrf{I always thought airport hotels were made to sleep not party}

Well now...apparently the sexless snore-master in point number two shoulda hooked up with the non sleeping partying ladies in your third point there !! Then banging headboards woulda been the next problem I suppose Emma dear ;)

In all seriousness it all sucks !!! Ohhhh the joys of travelling !

I can relate! I was in a Toronto hotel one time and had to leave very early in the morning and in the next room this girl came in with 2 guys and they were clearly had too much to drink and they were very 420 friendly.

The noise and scent of marajuana went on for 3 hours but what really did it was when one of the guys was having sex with her, she was barking like a dog! I had enough and started knocking on the adjoining door and told them to keep it down and then of course, I was told to f----k off.

I went downstairs and complained and told them that I wanted a new room. I take no prisoners when my sleep is affected. The fact they were smoking weed in there was enough for management to go up there. I slept like a baby after that. :)

I can relate! I was in a Toronto hotel one time and had to leave very early in the morning and in the next room this girl came in with 2 guys and they were clearly had too much to drink and they were very 420 friendly.

The noise and scent of marajuana went on for 3 hours but what really did it was when one of the guys was having sex with her, she was barking like a dog! I had enough and started knocking on the adjoining door and told them to keep it down and then of course, I was told to f----k off.

I went downstairs and complained and told them that I wanted a new room. I take no prisoners when my sleep is affected. The fact they were smoking weed in there was enough for management to go up there. I slept like a baby after that. :)

UGH! Me too. I specifically booked a non-smoking room in a non-smoking wing, but there was some sports event going on, and when the fans got back to their rooms after the games, they were stampeding up and down the hallways, and the marijuana smoke was visible IN my room. Then the party in the adjoining room obviously had a (loud) blender, and at some point, they must have had some sort of a break or spill. What a disaster. I hate to travel!

1. An SP that sends a friend over that you don't like.

2. Waiting for an SP that never shows up.

3. Contacting an SP who has invalid contact info.

4. An SP that misunderstands your expectations.

5. An SP that didn't wash her hair.

6. Kissing an SP who's into annallingus

7. An SP who alternates vaginal and anal pentration with the same condom.

8. An SP who takes forever to answer her messages.

9. An SP who's in a rush

10. An unnaturally lubricated vagina.

Also an highlight of the day. My doctor found pills to cure my wife's headache after sex(orgasms) but they cost $25 each(this sucks) plus I'm going to miss this lifestyle.

Edited by NotchJohnson

Well sort of life sucks #1 but also sort of good too. Took mom to get her eye checked by the surgeon yesterday. Her cornea was replaced two years ago, now she finds blurred vision in that eye. I was hoping for just a treatment (eyedrops). Well she needs surgery to have her cornea replaced. The cells are dying in the cornea, which is why the blurred vision. Been through this before a few years ago, a few trips back and forth to Kingston. Plus side, they can fix her eye, I was getting worried she might be going blind

So I guess in the greater scheme of things this is good.

RG

• Like 2

Well sort of life sucks #1 but also sort of good too. Took mom to get her eye checked by the surgeon yesterday. Her cornea was replaced two years ago, now she finds blurred vision in that eye. I was hoping for just a treatment (eyedrops). Well she needs surgery to have her cornea replaced. The cells are dying in the cornea, which is why the blurred vision. Been through this before a few years ago, a few trips back and forth to Kingston. Plus side, they can fix her eye, I was getting worried she might be going blind

So I guess in the greater scheme of things this is good.

RG

Well it is good news that they can fix her up :) I know very well how it can really weigh on you when your parents are ill. and you are waiting....and waiting....

You need to go to your happy place once and awhile to get your mind off of things....

Would this be one of your happy places ;)

20920504-3de

Guest *ig*a**

Had a little shaving incident today, during my manscaping routine I accidently nicked a teste that was bad but I had to use a steptic pencil to stop the bleeding, OUCH.

Posted via Mobile Device

Going to an early movie with an EMPTY theater, but for some reason the other 12 people who arrive after you wanna sit beside or right behind you when there are about...oh I don't know, maybe another 150 or so seats that are available...THEN the lady who chooses to sit behind you removes her shoes during the movie, and her feet smelled GROSS.

Edited by V****sa Va**
  • Like 2

Joys of self-employment. 3 employees already have left for greener pastures (that's actually almost a highlight), 2 more laid off, myself and my son and one employee left.......and my son is heading out west in two weeks. Holy moly.....time to start looking for more help.

• Like 2

Getting one of those pesky glue dots that hold a prepaid card to its packaging stuck in your hair!

Additional Comments:

Mon fils a perdu son francais! Je dois lui trouver une femme francaise!

Edited by Meg O'Ryan
  • Like 1

I swear I will someday be able to post again in the highlights thread, but........

Got a text out of the blue from a dear friend in her mid-forties today. She and her husband are the best friends you could ask for..full of life, honest, and there for their friends. Looks like it's our turn to be there for them. She took a tumble this summer and broke both bones in her right leg and has had a slow, arduous recovery, but since she's in good shape, she healed well. However, she fell because she had a dizzy spell and has had headaches for the past year. You guessed right......diagnosed with a brain tumor yesterday. I have no idea what the near future holds and they live 70 miles away. I have to go visit, but do they want company? Somehow I have to show them how much they both mean to me, but this is going to take some figuring out. Love and support without being intrusive.

• Like 7

Coming home to a clogged sewer and some pretty nasty stuff bubbling up in the bathtubs on the first floor. So I put on the old clothes, got a pair rubber gloves and a sewer tape and well who said "you don't have to take the cap off a sewer to know that it stinks". Off course all my clothes ended up in a garbage bag and I ended up in the shower on the second floor. Just finished cleaning the tubs on the first floor. Ooo yucky poo.

• Like 2

Finding out that you will be planning a party for 32 people.. oh and did I mention I only have a few days? Between work, work and doing this, I have my work cut out for me this week.