Things that suck, and not in a good way.

One of the little ones shot dead in Connecticut was the grand-nephew of an ex boss. Some events certainly make this seem like a small world.

I am surrounded by Christmas decorations and ran out of hooks for ornaments. Can't find them from last year. I go to Walmart and get last package of hook with 150 in them. Been very busy with no time for this tree. Okay, I'm making time now.lol. I told everyone to leave me alone until 7 pm. Hahah.

Getting T-boned by an idiot who after he hit me tried to approach my vehicle in anger as if he was going to beat me.... Until I stepped out and he saw my size and my big angry look and he quickly changed his tone and stance... Apologizing.

Car is totaled. My beautiful car... The one i put hours of love and far too much money...Destroyed. :(

• Like 3

Having to going along with my dad's DNR wishes. Today is the day he gets removed from the ventilator, something I am not looking forward to at all. He's been far too long in an incubated state and now it's going to go one way or the other.

• Like 6

After reading some of these recent entries, my thing that sucks today seems sorta sucky. But here goes:

Didn't get home until after 4 AM this morning. Was out helping my husband with his business, which is sort of an Operation Rednose thing. The roads and visibility were really ugly! And did I mention that, as much as I love drinking, I hate dealing with drunk people? Especially drunk people who just can't seem to make up their minds.

And to top it all, I lost the best pair of gloves I ever had. They seem to have just vanished. We scoured every place they could have possibly fallen out of the car. It looks like I can replace them easily enough, but man!

I haven't used my bank card in almost a week and discovered today that my account is frozen... I will have to wait until the 26th (or 27th) to speak to someone at the bank to see what's going on!

Talk about great timing!!

• Like 1

sucks with the bank card. Mine was my credit card, and they froze it because my statement got returned, and went two days without credit card. I am sure when it didn't work, those around me figured it was more than just a technical problem.... I hate that when it won't work.

Talked to dad, had a bad day (feeling sick) the side effects from the chemo

And our conversations on the phone are short, not even five minutes...he just gets tired (we used to talk 20 minutes to half hour before he got cancer)

He's also not making sense, well to me. After being misdiagnosed as having pneumonia by a doctor down in Florida (he's a snowbird) he decided to go back home to Canada and get looked after by his own doctor. Now he's talking about going back down to Florida and continuing his chemo down there...he's too tired to stay on the phone for very long, how is he ever going to manage a flight to Florida

On a plus note, I told him I'm coming to visit in mid January. He said his strength should be better than it was on his visit last weekend which is a positive outlook. Now I just have to rush to get my passport, just in case he goes back to Florida...I actually hope his wife can talk him out of that idea

RG

Additional Comments:

I haven't used my bank card in almost a week and discovered today that my account is frozen... I will have to wait until the 26th (or 27th) to speak to someone at the bank to see what's going on!

Talk about great timing!!

Is there a contact phone number on the back of your bank card to call Gabriella? Maybe a phone call could work

Also, if you use on-line banking, there should be an email contact (more like an IM set up) in the on line banking program. Perhaps use that to contact the bank, might get things resolved before the holidays are over

Anytime the banks do that it sucks, but especially now with holidays. Banks really don't care about their customers, we're just forced to use them

Good luck

RG

• Like 2

Just learned that my mother's nursing home has been struck by an influenza outbreak. My mom hasn't come down sick, but no visitors allowed until Dec. 28th or 29th at the earliest. It breaks my heart thinking of her in there with no visitors at Christmas.

Porthos

• Like 2

So here is my suck! Knowing it will happen each and every year and can't do a damn thing to stop it!

The innocent killing of humans by fucked up humans and their guns.

Calling a store to make sure they have your item in stock (coz I hate stupid shopping) then dragging your ass across town for two hours only to find out, no that douchenozzle did NOT put your item aside for you, and now they are out of stock.

Derrp.

Good thread!

• Like 1

When there are so many fabulous boxing day sales, but too many dam people in the dam mall.....and why oh why do ladies insist on bringing out all of their babies and toddlers, only to have them run about everywhere, you brought strollers, why arent they in them?? And of course, the parents who brought them don't do shit to protect them from being hurt! It was not the guys fault that your child who is 2 feet tall got knocked down ...like did you really think it was a good ass idea to let your babies run about in the mall?????? DUH

• Like 3

one thing that sucks but is also kind of hilarious is how often you get contacted by "Photographers" offering a tide in "services" lol I wonder why people think because they own a camera they are a photographer lol. 3hrs of a photographers time is like $150, now how does that seem like an even trade lmao

• Like 2

My topic for today is "Turkey"

3 days of eating turkey and turkey leftovers....two meals a day.

I go to get a sub for lunch and they try to upsell a turkey club sub !!! NO

I look in my food drawer at work for a snack and what do I see ? Flakes of fucking Turkey !!! Nooooo !

My awesome mother just phones and wonders if I want to come by after work for supper and help them out with leftovers ? Turkey lasagna !! Noooooooo ! Run away !!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Today and probably till Easter.......Turkey sucks !!

• Like 1

Believe it or not, but today will be my first taste of Turkey this holiday season.

I consider myself blessed!

I look in my food drawer at work for a snack and what do I see ? Flakes of fucking Turkey !!! Nooooo !

My awesome mother just phones and wonders if I want to come by after work for supper and help them out with leftovers ? Turkey lasagna !! Noooooooo ! Run away !!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

• Like 1

I haven't had turkey yet. I had bought a fresh one on the 23rd and had to give it away because I got food poisoning from chinese takeout on the 24. I thought I had stomach flu. Thankfully I didn't. Now I've decided to have turkey dinner on the 31st. I'm not really a big fan of it either. All it does is make me tired for 3 days so I eat as little as I possibly can and send everyone home with leftovers.

Dad decided to fly back to Florida, after deciding to stay in Canada. When he got back down to Florida we (my brother and I) were told he doesn't have the most treatable form of leukemia, it is far more serious. And the cancer has spread to his lungs and bones. He wouldn't tell us how long he has left, but said he is staying in Florida till the spring. And he wants us to see him.

So today running down to Whitby to the passport office to get my passport. But because they lost my Certificate of Registration of Birth Abroad (I was born overseas) when I applied for a passport a few years ago, I need to apply for a citizenship card (yes I'm Canadian) So this weekend fill out the forms and documentation, send to CIC, proof of applying plus proof of travel (plane tickets) and Passport Canada will expedite a passport for me. But another trip to Whitby Monday

This December has sucked, so far no improvement

At least this community and a few special ladies I have been in touch with and have been in touch with me help brighten things and take my mind off matters at hand, even for a little while

RG

• Like 7

Something wrong with the car and I need to take it to the shop. I actually need the car on Sunday and Tues for work... I have a feeling I have a bunch of taxis in my future ..:(

Guest N***he**Ont**y

Picking up a new cell phone and finding out my big hands wont let me use the keyboard properly.Its a GalaxyS3 and I cant type on it! Frustrated!

Picking up a new cell phone and finding out my big hands wont let me use the keyboard properly.Its a GalaxyS3 and I cant type on it! Frustrated!

Can you exchange it, try a Samsung Galaxy Note. It's got a big screen (a plus for my poor eyes LOL, I'm told if the screen was any bigger it would be a tablet...yes, it'll fit in your pocket) and even if your hands are too big for the keypad it comes with a pen which you can use to type on the keyboard

http://www.samsung.com/global/microsite/galaxynote/note/index.html?type=find

Here is a photo showing a size comparison between a Samsung Galaxy Note, Samsung Galaxy Nexus and a iPhone 4S.

galaxy-note-size-comparison.jpg

RG