Things that suck, and not in a good way.

I had the worst dream this morning! I dreamed I was supposed to meet another SP at someone's home. But when I got there, he said she'd decided not to come. I wasn't sure if I should leave or what.

He suggested that we play around a little, but something made me stop and think. I asked him if he meant just "play around" or was this a play-for-pay situation. His response was rather non-committal, and so I asked again. It took a couple times, but he finally agreed, yes, he would pay me. (This would never EVER be an issue in real life. )

Anyway, I didn't get the money up front, and mid-way through, we heard a door slam. His wife and teen children had come home. He pushed me into a closet with some, but not all, of my clothing and things.

A little while later, the wife slid open the door to the closet. I don't know why, but I had the feeling that the husband had told her I was there. Maybe even planned the whole thing. The wife was not happy, but not really mad at me. I came out and began getting dressed.

But of course, I needed to see him and get paid before I left. He was evasive. But I told him I would not leave until I got my pay. He said we didn't finish. I pointed out, that was not my fault. He went away and came back with what he said were Mexican pesos. I didn't want to accept his word on the exchange rate (and besides, I wouldn't know a Mexican peso if it bit me). We argued back and forth a little more, and finally, I saw that I wasn't going to get anything out of him.

As a last ditch attempt, I told him that if he didn't pay me that day, I would start collections on him, and that if he didn't pay me within the month, I would send his account to a collections agency and ruin his credit. I told him I was charging him $100 bad date fee, plus $100 collections fee, for a total of $500.

I continued getting dressed, but I couldn't find one of the items I was wearing when I came in. At some point, he and his wife left. (For church, believe it or not!) I finally went out, and they were still out front, so I started taking pics of his house and his car and license plate. He didn't like this, and tried to take my phone, and it fell and broke. They drove off.

Then I realized I didn't have my key to my car, and not only that, I didn't see my car where I'd left it. Turns out, his kids took it! Ugh! At the end of the dream, I was telling the one little brat that she had every right to be mad at her father, but I was just there doing my job, making my living.

What a dismal awakening for this morning. Bleh!!

I'm not sure why I'd have such a dream. That is, from the start, just totally not how I go about my business. I have heard of other SPs going through similarly hellish scenarios though.

• Like 1

Sitting alone in hotel room, tried setting up some fun time with a lady but no reply from her all day. I hate it when I have by heart set on a girl and she doesn't book in advance and then I can't get her to respond when I want to see her...hold it, did I just get on the bad list? What'd I do??? That sucks.

The anti-scratch coating on my glasses is pretty much shot and no amount of cleaning keeps my glasses from looking cloudy a few minutes later.

I am due for a new prescription and have an eye exam next week, but in the meantime I have to take my glasses off to read up close.

So excuse any typos I may make posting over the next week.

• Like 1

Not when you know you're getting lots of money back ;) lol.....

I always get money back... that's called planning... my taxes were done a month ago.... i am talking about doing taxes for family and friends... many of which do not plan ahead. lol.

• Like 2

Guest Be***iful****lah

You swear you will only eat max a handful of chips and before you know it half the bag has been devoured by you.

And then you feel gross, unhealthy and can't stop dreaming about salad.

You swear you will only eat max a handful of chips and before you know it half the bag has been devoured by you.

And then you feel gross, unhealthy and can't stop dreaming about salad.

Beautiful Delilah feeling Gross... that concept defies all logic and common sense ...

I do however feel jealous of those lucky chips.... oh to be so devoured by such a beautiful lady.... to have her unable to resist the temptation to have even more..... fucking lucky chips.

Just my opinion.

Edited by Ice4fun

I just upgraded my laptop from 2GB to 6GB. I was hoping there would be some improvement. But sadly there is very little difference.

Update: I spoke too soon. It is starting to show improvement. :)

Edited by jafo105
  • Like 2

Guest P**aq

Feeling horrible on the inside for something I was told on Sunday.

It really sucks to miss someone who you really don't have any right to miss... That and it is fucking snowing here in St. John's

Guest B**** Fo***ine

I stumbled upon this thread bu accident.

I feel like I just want to hug everyone and hand out free back rubs.

Hot juju to everyone. xo

Apparently my SMS was down for goodness knows how long. I think it's resolved now.

But in the process, I found out that Telus is dinging me 40¢ a piece for SMS to my daughter in the US. 40 CENTS!!! How in the hell can that be right? As I understand the technology, SMS pretty much just goes along for the ride, and doesn't require any additional infrastructure or resources. Someone down at the CRTC is a perfect little industry lapdog!

And, last but not least... May 8. 09hr41. The furnace just kicked in.

• Like 1

Was told a few weeks ago that our "Payment In Lieu Of Severance Pay" would be paid the first week of May. Well got a text message from someone at work this morning, the Compensation Department hasn't even began processing the payments, and won't start until May 29.

At least it'll be processed on a first come first serve basis and I was one of the first who submitted the paperwork, sent it expresspost

We were promised 60 days maximum for this payment, it won't be 90 days at the earliest now...government and unions, all they do is lie

RG

• Like 1

Waiting all week for a call from medical folks who said they'd almost certainly be able to see a family member this week. Will need to travel. So, this entire week I've been stuck in a holding pattern and it's been mentally exhausting.

• Like 1

Ordered something online and was advised to order 2 sizes up as it was sized smaller than usual sizing. Guess what, it arrived and is too big for me and I don't want the hassle of trying to return it as it came from the States, so I guess off to the tailor I go, lol.

• Like 1

It seems I can not catch a break. I have my taxes done professionally every year. They quote me a refund of a few hundred dollars. RCA turns around and tells me there is no refund. This year I got someone else to do my taxes and again RCA tells me there is no refund. But I owe them money. I am on a CPP disability pension. I pay everything out of pocket because they claim I do not qualify for the provincial drug plan. I wish I never took that quossy government job 15 years ago. I just keep getting screwed for it -- And not in a good way. :(

On a brighter note. I lost two inches in my waste since March.

• Like 1

It really Sucks when you know a good friend is having a hard day and you just want to be there for them and take all the pain away but you know you can't..... best you can do us let them know you are there 100% for them.

• Like 2

Trying to learn French! UGH!!!! Only on course 1, level 1 of Rosetta Stone and it's already so frustrating. I've been sitting here repeating 'une fille' over and over again and it keeps telling me my pronunciation is wrong. Already feel like giving up :(

• Like 1

Trying to learn French! UGH!!!! Only on course 1, level 1 of Rosetta Stone and it's already so frustrating. I've been sitting here repeating 'une fille' over and over again and it keeps telling me my pronunciation is wrong. Already feel like giving up :(

I have thought about asking you if you had done the Rosetta Stone thing. I recall a year ago or maybe two that you were inquiring about it on here at some point. I have thought about doing the same thing to try to bring my French back.

Keep at it Ms. Cleo. It would be awesome and I for one am so very impressed with those people who can go back and forth from one language to the other. That can be you. :)

• Like 2

Hey Cleo, keep your chin up. I am also doing the french Rosetta course to improve my skill. I was quite surprised how it's laid out, still trying to figure it out. It's definitely going to take quite a bit of time.

• Like 1

Don't give up, and keep your chin up! You never know, you might stumble on a frenchie willing to help.

• Like 1