Things that suck, and not in a good way.

Two days ago the tv in my room died. Yesterday my Meg phone died. Early this am I had no power, when I came downstairs and turned on the tv, i found that my surround sound system fried. Can I catch a bloody break?

Two days ago the tv in my room died. Yesterday my Meg phone died. Early this am I had no power' date=' when I came downstairs and turned on the tv, i found that my surround sound system fried. Can I catch a bloody break?[/quote']

That sucks Meg. Would warranty or insurance cover any of it?

RG

• Like 1

Not sure if it's just a busy week of travel catching up with me tonight but I really feel rotten all of a sudden.

I have no idea how the wonderful touring ladies manage all their travel.... a few days on the road and I feel like shit.

Feeling very sad and depressed. This time last year my mother spent November and December in the hospital. January will be the first anniversary of her death. She died of bone cancer. :(

• Like 6

Guest N***he**Ont**y

My Second Mom passed away last night peacefully in her sleep. There seems to be a new trend developing up in the North East. There will be no funeral so to speak but" A Celebration Of Her Life in January." This is a form of a Wake with a lot of memories' pictures and laughs with attendance by family and close friends. I will miss her a lot. Sleep Well Mom Carol!

Cleaning the snow of the car in the morning and fund the hood totally caved in. Now have to replace it as it is so caved in it can not be popped out. Nice $1500 bill just before trying to travel.

Guest **cely***r***ne

When someone says you just can't have something anymore. And that someone's your doctor. It makes me want it more than ever. My dearest cake and cookies...and pretty much everything else i eat..you will be missed :'(

My Second Mom passed away last night peacefully in her sleep. There seems to be a new trend developing up in the North East. There will be no funeral so to speak but" A Celebration Of Her Life in January." This is a form of a Wake with a lot of memories' pictures and laughs with attendance by family and close friends. I will miss her a lot. Sleep Well Mom Carol!

Sorry for your loss Excaliber

Sent from my Passport using Tapatalk

Guest D***el B***e

Condolences to you and your family. The anniversary of my father's death is tomorrow so I know how you feel. Although time heals all wounds, the memories are always there.

My mom passed last year as well and we didn't have a funeral per say for her. No church service, just a reception and a celebration of her life, photo montage, speeches, anecdotes, laughter about the good times. People have come to me after and said how much they enjoyed the celebration and how original it was.

The grieving process is a very personal journey and what each of us needs in order to move forward is often very different as a result the end of life ceremony can be uplifting and inspirational for some and lacking for others. Over the last few years I have had the misfortune of having to take a lead role in the planning of the funerals for several members of my close family... in each of these cases I took my cues from what I knew were the wishes of my family member who had passed one funeral was certainly of the more traditional type with a three day wake and interment at the grave side... it had the benefit of providing a feeling of bringing closure but was a much more subdued and difficult period of three or four days.

The other funerals were less traditional with cremation first and the wake for lack of a better term occurring at a later time... these events were very much more upbeat celebrations of the lives of my family members which included their presence through pictures videos and lots of their favorite music... friends and family hugged and joked and laughed and cried in a very outgoing and wonderful celebration that I personally found extremely beautiful and something that I know my family member would have really appreciated.

While I am so extremely happy to have been able to ensure that each of these arrangement met the wishes of my departed loved one I have come to understand that while each approach meets the needs of some the loss of a loved one is never so simple and the grieving process can be much more complicated. Some people need the closure time... they need to see and be in the presence of their departed loved ones they need to have a time to gracefully say their goodbyes others are not ready at that early stage to say their goodbyes but instead need time to reflect on the life of the person to move forward more slowly and take the time to share their experiences with the individual with others..... There is no right approach except the approach that is right for you.

The more traditional funeral that I arranged was for my Mother who passed away after a wonderful long life after a short period of illness... there was of course grief and the feeling of loss but also the feeling of a life well lived.... it was difficult but peaceful.

The other funerals were for much younger family members who passed tragically and undoubtedly too early in their lives...the celebration was amazing as it focused on the huge impact these people had in so many lives even if it was for a much shorter lifespan... for me i took great comfort from the celebration but I know some family felt it missed the feeling of closure because there was no viewing or internment.

Death and Grieving is never easy and my personal experience over the last few years has changed me as a person... while I always felt I had compassion for people going through challenges in life I now feel I know what it is actually like to walk in their shoes so I intentionally now try to be more present for them. For online friends of course that is not possible but it is still important for people to know that when they are walking that difficult road that others including online friends have them in their thoughts.

Just my Opinion

• Like 4

Guest N***he**Ont**y

It makes it tough for me at this time of year as I lost two other family members my Sister and my Mother all between Dec 12 and Dec 20 dates. (Of course over a span of years). There will be no Christmas decorations in my residence this year I am afraid. Second Mom Carol played an important part of my life helping to keep me on the straight and narrow over the past 4 decades. There is now another void in my life that will have to be filled some how.

Guest D***el B***e
It makes it tough for me at this time of year as I lost two other family members my Sister and my Mother all between Dec 12 and Dec 20 dates. (Of course over a span of years). There will be no Christmas decorations in my residence this year I am afraid. Second Mom Carol played an important part of my life helping to keep me on the straight and narrow over the past 4 decades. There is now another void in my life that will have to be filled some how.

I'm deeply sorry for you loss. You'll pull through, stay on the same path she put you on. It's her legacy.

Although I know eating slow is good and probably one of the reasons why I stay slim even when I eat anything it gets kind of annoying when I keep looking at the clock and notice how long I've been eating for and that my food got cold that I realize it isn't funny!! :icon_mad:

• Like 1

Guest D***el B***e

Had an nasty argument with the SO this weekend ... guess who lost? We're both on non-speaking terms!!! but thank god I insulated the proverbial dog house! arghhhh I'm in such a bad mood ....

As I have said on other threads I love the Christmas season but it really sucks how the pressures of the season and all the financial challenges it causes families can make life miserable for some.

• Like 2

I have just learned that my best friend's mother died. My friend is only in her early thirties. Her father died many years ago and she has no brother or sister. She is single, no children. Although we (friends) are here for her, we know that it will be a very sad and lonely Christmas, New Year and birthday for her - yes, all at the same time! Crap.

• Like 2

People take Christmas way too seriously.

It should be fun, just a time to relax with friends and family.

Never mind baking for days or demanding/shopping for extravagant gifts.

The greatest gift anyone can give is quality time so enjoy each other while you can.

• Like 6

Writing the beginning and ending of a Christmas Letter.

My folks have put out a letter every year since 1948. Let me rephrase that. My mother has written a letter every year. The sequence has always been a creative word description of the season as the first paragraph. filler on how everyone is doing and a creative word description on best wishes for next year. Followed with a short original poem.

When Mom's dementia took over, I took on the role of author for the beginning, end, and poem. Glad to do it. No problem.

Mom passed last summer. Dad decided at the last minute he wanted another letter to go out this year.

Sitting there at home, alone, trying to come up with a beginning, and ending, and a poem, the reality, the finality of my mother's death hit me. It was so easy to avoid before. There was so much to do. People to talk to. Places to be.

Sitting there trying to write those simple things, I cried like a baby.

Got them written, though. Emailed them to my sister who is the editor. She declared them to be beautiful.

This one's for you, Mom.

• Like 6

Guest P*rry

I took the dog out for a long walk this morning. I put her used poop bag in my jacket pocket. (You can guess where this story is headed!) Forgetful me that's where the bag stayed until I went out at lunchtime. Phew!

This week... tough tough tough week personally and Professionally only bright spot was Tuesday thanks to one amazing lady... other than that this week can't end fast enough for my liking.