Things that suck, and not in a good way.

Standing for three hours packed in a room with 300 people, next to a guy who smelled like neither his body or clothing had been washed for several days. Also, he was coughing and sweating profusely and I had to keep elbowing him because he kept crowding me. Ewww

• Like 1

I decided I had to clean the cottage eaves troughs. What a dirty job. I thought it would be easier to take up the leaf blower and walk carefully along the edge of the roof blowing out the debris. I put up the 20' ladder, climbed up hauling up the blower and 50' of extension cord. Cleared the trough on that side of the house. Worked great. Went up over the peak of the roof to clean the other side. Turned on blower and did half that side, then pulled on the extension cord to get more slack. Finished cleaning and very proud that my idea worked. Turned off blower and crossed back over the rooof peak. No ladder. My cell phone was on the kitchen counter so I had to sit on the hot roof in shorts nearly a half hour till my neighbors came by, he put the ladder back up, she just stood there. Guess what she was thinking.

• Like 1

When someone you never saw before and don't know contacts you to make an appointment, and proceeds to raise just about every red flag he can. I don't know why anyone would think it's a good idea to phone me up and give me information about myself that I never gave him. Would anyone think that makes him look smart? No. Makes him look like a problem.

If a guy wants to feel informed, he should start by reading the relevant parts of the law, so he doesn't do or say anything to compromise us and spoil his chances of getting an appointment. Some of us don't take a much new business. Some of us don't have to.

Honestly, some of us are just trying to do our jobs and stay out of trouble. If we can have fun too, that's the cherry on top. Nobody likes having to turn down business. Don't put us in that position!

• Like 2

Due to a strong head wind my first flight was late landing, in turn I missed my connection and have had a LONG ass day sitting in the corner stone of hell (Pearson)....

• Like 2

Guest N***he**Ont**y

Puppy Pepper broke my skin open with a nip. (He was just playing) Now have to put on a bandage on along with antibiotic cream.

Due to a strong head wind my first flight was late landing, in turn I missed my connection and have had a LONG ass day sitting in the corner stone of hell (Pearson)....

The flight could have been worse Em

thewency43b496a0384ef.jpg

RG :-)

Why do contractors giggle and snicker when you tell them what part of the renovation you plan to do yourself? I mean, I know I'm a girl and wasn't born with a tool belt around my waist. News flash, girls can do renovations too. If I could find a female contractor, I'd hire her in a heartbeat. However, the only ones I can find are guys.

I'm renovating my kitchen and only need help with the plumbing and electrical. I'm doing the demo. I've done so many renos in the past and know what I can and cannot do. Sheese.

Why do contractors giggle and snicker when you tell them what part of the renovation you plan to do yourself? I mean, I know I'm a girl and wasn't born with a tool belt around my waist. News flash, girls can do renovations too. If I could find a female contractor, I'd hire her in a heartbeat. However, the only ones I can find are guys.

I'm renovating my kitchen and only need help with the plumbing and electrical. I'm doing the demo. I've done so many renos in the past and know what I can and cannot do. Sheese.

I get the same reaction all the time too. I am forever in a flux of reno projects, thank god for you tube eh! LMAO

I once yelled at a 6'4 tall contractor because he was really messing with me. I am 5'1. He was not expecting at all that I would have the nerves to tell him what I think. I might be a little short woman, but I got personality... And I also worked hard as a kid with my brothers and sisters to do renovations (not to say redo) our big family home with our father. So, stop telling me that putting a small wall here is going to take you over a month etc... I know it is bullshit!

Works/Renovations at home? Always HELL! It never exactly is what it is supposed to be, and it always takes more time and money than it should.

• Like 2

Casual Friday at work. So I decide to wear some loose fitting cotton shorts. Get halfway to work when I realize that in my usual morning rush I forgot to put on underwear. Let's just say there's not much being left to the imagination.....especially when the wind picks up...Looks like I'm gonna be spending the day thinking up strategic ways to sit, stand and walk.

Posted via Mobile Device

• Like 2

They would probably snigger at anyone who DIY 's. Its an insecurity thing. A truly confident person would just wish you luck or even be helpful. I run into it with car mechanics all the time.

• Like 1

Took a ride downtown Montréal with my puppy yesterday...on my way back, my dog puked in my car ughhhhhh totally disgusting! My other step was going to the car wash....

got dis invited to my sons wedding. Of course after I sent him a nice big bundle of money as a gift. The hammer always comes after and never before the gift lol

I was expecting this. But even in expecting this it sure makes me sad. After almost 20 years his mom should be over her anger and see setting my kids against me is wrong. She cheated on me and left me. I never did a dam thing but refuse to take the tramp back. She has been mad ever since.

• Like 4

Finding out that Hannibal has been cancelled! That was my fave show on tv! :icon_mad:

• Like 1

The Weather on PEI, it has being the main topic in 2015, forecast for this week

is just more crappy weather although summer was suppose to start yesterday.

Guest N***he**Ont**y

Driving along and all of a sudden POW! The radiator in my company van over heated and well blew up. So it is gone for a couple of days.

1) Buying a brand new, much touted adult toy only to realise it needs charging and wont be ready for hours!

2) Getting home from running that quick errand that turned into hours and realising your yoga pants (which you only threw on because you were running out quickly and despise as daywear) are on inside out.

3) Following the Google Maps directions perfectly, but getting lost anyway!

• Like 1

Getting back home after a pre-Canada celebration and not being able to fall asleep because I had too many appetizers and beer that are not cooperating in my stomach, lol.

I think onions are definitely off my list of foods I can tolerate in my old age, lol.

A slow leak in a large (i.e. expensive) tire

Before buying a new tire see if the tire can be patched...depending where the leak is and how small a garage/tire store can put a patch on the tire.

Save major $$$

Another thing, buy a compressor that plugs into your cigarette lighter...handy thing to keep in the car. If your tire starts losing air just

re-inflate

Good Luck

RG