Things that suck, and not in a good way.

I'm just finishing up a craft show in an agricultural hall in a small town. Unheated. It snowed. I'm in a kilt and tee shirt and am doing fine, but everyone else is losing their minds. I may be the only truly Canadian one here. Selling a bunch, though.

• Like 3

Listening to people, who know little or nothing about it, discuss and dissect a difficult interpersonal situation affecting others.

• Like 1

Guest n*gu**6

When you're in the middle of a text exchange with someone and they inexplicable just drop off the edge of the world....

Guest st*****ens**ors

I had scheduled a rare visit with someone lovely this evening, but a five hour meeting stretched to eight, and to make matters worse I was on camera throughout, and couldn't slip away to text.

We hadn't confirmed a time, but I know she was expecting me sometime in the evening, and by the time I was free to cancel and apologize (profusely) it was nearly supper.

She was very gracious, but I still felt badly to cancel. I never have before.

Plus I missed seeing her :(

How about sending a sexy text message to a Lyla lady friend only to realize too late that I actually sent it to a Managing Director at my firm. Imagine me explaining a lunch time trip to the pot shop was actually to the Pottery Playground in Stittsville, cause I love painting custom crockery in my spare time. I told him the message was meant for my wife. I can't wait till I see him again in the office. Yikes!

• Like 2

Guest st*****ens**ors
How about sending a sexy text message to a Lyla lady friend only to realize too late that I actually sent it to a Managing Director at my firm. Imagine me explaining a lunch time trip to the pot shop was actually to the Pottery Playground in Stittsville, cause I love painting custom crockery in my spare time. I told him the message was meant for my wife. I can't wait till I see him again in the office. Yikes!

... Wowzers. That's a whole different realm of awkward!

Guest n*gu**6

When your mind drifts to a fond memory but then you realize just how far back that memory was..... :'(

I'm going to the funeral of a motorcycle riding buddy tonight, he will be buried tomorrow and we have a motorcycle ride in his favor(rain or shine), many motorcycle are expected to show up.

• Like 2

My wife was out of the house all day with her Mother... and her daughter... and planned to stay over with her mom.

So I thought I'd have some fun. Yes on Mother's day...

Anyway, I know this fabulous Asian lady who I've seen 5 times before. I contacted yesterday and she was excited about the idea of getting together.

I told her I'd confirm it in the afternoon and did so at 12pm and we arranged to meet at 6, and I booked a hotel.

Well at 4:30 as I was getting ready to go and see her, she texted me she had to see her mother (it being mothers day) but would join me at 10 and stay over...

I quickly replied that 10 was too late and I couldn't do an over night because I have to work in the morning and asks if she can she see me earlier. Apparently she didn't get my response because her battery died. I think she had forgotten it was mothers day until her sister showed up and told her the family plans.

I didn't hear from her again until 8 at which time she said she can see me at 9, but by that point it was too late. For 2 reasons... Its an hours drive to the hotel... and meanwhile my wife texted me and said she's not staying over at her mother anyway, and will be home around 9, ruling out forgoing sleep and visiting the lady anyway. And so the hotel room never got used (and was non-refundable).

Anyway the lady apologised profusely for misunderstanding about the over night. She assumed that because my wife was sleeping over with her mom, we could spend the night together... I did correct her but I don't think she reads too carefully (may also be some language issues)... add to that apparently her cell phone battery died while she was out with her mother, which was why she didn't get back to me until 8. She's a sweet lady and has promised to make it up to me... but no specifics were given.

Anyway, overall its been a very very disappointing day...

one more disappointment is that my wife who had said she would be home at 9... is still not home... at 10; with my luck she'll get home at midnight... meaning that I could have seen the lady and got back in time...

Anyway, it probably serves me right for trying to cheat on the mother of my children, on mother's day. LOL

She got back at 10:30. Funny... I just found out my wife thought I wanted her home tonight... that's why she came home...

• Like 2

Guest n*gu**6

When you send someone a text message and certain ones get ignored. You can be having a fine exchange and you may send one suggesting something and it will be totally ignored. Yet they will reply with some obtuse question or completely unrelated statement. Or worse they just suddenly clam up and say nothing.

Guest n*gu**6

The sound of silence... and not the song....

I always find it frustrating how sometimes when people are having a difficult time, when they need some support the most, is when they close up the most....

It always reminds me of the line in the movie "A Bridge Too Far"

"Is something bothering you......"

"I have said nothing..."

"Yes... your silence is ethunderous..."

The hydro is out in my area this afternoon. There is an accident at Scott and Parkdale. Hydro is not expected to be back on until about 5 pm.

I'm the Emergency officer in my building in the same power outage, so badgered by people for information I couldn't possibly have. Traffic is a nightmare, busses are insane. I'll just wait in my cozy little workspace for another hour and hope things have improved.

This is one of the reasons I keep liquor in my office.

• Like 2

Guest n*gu**6

When you discuss problems with someone and how circumstances or situations or actions are affecting you in hopes of trying to fix it, but nothing changes if nothing changes

Guest n*gu**6

Being up allllll night coughing. My chest is so sore. And I am exhausted

Being up allllll night coughing. My chest is so sore. And I am exhausted

my wife has the same thing... I'm hoping I don't get it... had a soar throat on the weekend, but no other symptoms.

Guest n*gu**6

Pouring rain when I have to drive to Dartmouth today....

That and woke up to no less than 67 text messages and 6 missed calls from my crazy stalker... I have the number blocked as spam so it doesn't even ring thank god, but yeeesh.....

Guest n*gu**6

When you dont see someone for a while and you hope they will be excited to see you and they really end up being not so excited.....

The hydro is out in my area this afternoon. There is an accident at Scott and Parkdale. Hydro is not expected to be back on until about 5 pm.

Same thing happened were I work but they let us go early.

Guest 1***otd**

Having very small windows of time to cut your grass because of all the rain we've been having, yet during those small windows, you're at work .... YIKES!!!! My back yard looks like the rain forest