Things that suck, and not in a good way.

Guest n*gu**6

When your wife is away for a whole week and you still aren't having any 'fun'.... lmao... starting to form conspiracy theories now! hahaha

Guest Prufrock Cummings
Yellowjacket in shoe :(

oh crap, I hope you are not allergic!

Glad to say I'm not allergic, although my mom was. My "AfterBite" thingy was dried up, so hobbled into the grocery for some ammonia to dab onto the bite!

Cell phone, Internet and the whole world ending today. Everyone panicking like the end times were here. The start to the long weekend. Funny, I remember landlines going down.

People, carry cash, find a pay phone. It's not the end of the world. Phone blew up once the system came back online.

I got my floors done while waiting...

• Like 1

Guest n*gu**6

Wife is coming home after a week away and still never managed to get into any naughty hyjinx while she was gone. Whole week of missed opportunity.. :(

And I suspect it will have been my last such opportunity for a while...

Not being able to afford a trip to see my half-sister when she is visiting Toronto next month. She currently lives in BC. We have never met in person so this would have been our first reunion. She is a couple of years younger than me and I am 50. She is very pissed off with me. She can't seem to grasp the fact that a disability pension does not pay a lot of money.

Disrespectful people.

I agree, no need for them/it.

Leads me to a general question I'm curious about. Is one being disrespectful when addressing someone being disrespectful, how is that viewed or defined?

WIR

Yellowjacket in shoe :(

Ouch! Hope you're okay! I once had a yellow jacket bee nestling in my cleavage while I was washing dishes after coming in from outside. Luckily I did not get stung and he just casually flew out.

To help the pain, mix a spoonful of baking soda with water on a cotton ball to the area where you got stung. This helps neutralize the venom. Then use vinegar if it begins to itch.

Those bees are a pain to deal with.

I agree, no need for them/it.

Leads me to a general question I'm curious about. Is one being disrespectful when addressing someone being disrespectful, how is that viewed or defined?

WIR

If they are disrespectful why bother engaging?

Additional Comments:

Ouch! Hope you're okay! I once had a yellow jacket bee nestling in my cleavage while I was washing dishes after coming in from outside. Luckily I did not get stung and he just casually flew out.

To help the pain, mix a spoonful of baking soda with water on a cotton ball to the area where you got stung. This helps neutralize the venom. Then use vinegar if it begins to itch.

Those bees are a pain to deal with.

As a girl with very itchy eczema I can attest to the vinegar cure!

Your sandal strap breaking in the middle of a 10 km walk.

Your pet sitter not looking after your pets while you are gone.

Your garden hose attachment breaking and dousing you heavily in water- when you're all dressed up with somewhere to go.

I discovered a wasp nest underground beneath my mint. I found the wasps when I was pulling up weeds and felt a couple of stings... having not seen any wasps I thought I was pulling up nettles... but then a wasp chased me inside the house.

I got rid of them last week. I would have left them alone but one of my sons is allergic.

Being woken up out of a deep sleep early in the morning hearing loud voices and you jump up out of bed ready to take someone on with the baseball bat in the closet thinking someone is in your house..( I have the fight instinct in me when startled) and realize it's the window cleaning company that you forgot were coming to clean your windows that morning.

• Like 1

Guest n*gu**6

Well with everyone finding wasps... I guess it was my turn. I decided to take the shutters off my house and paint them and the entrance doors this past weekend. Started bright and early and the first shutter I took off had a nest behind it and got stung 4 times. 3 within a 2" circle on my wrist and one on the bicep. The arm swelled twice the normal size (wish I had that physique every day...) but pained like a son-of-***** for two days. Swelling is finally down and back to normal, but an unpleasant experience. The new Merlot color turned our great though and looks awesome. :)

Taking a half-day off for a delivery that never showed up. When I contacted them to see what the superfuck happened, they said they were sorry for any inconvenience and it would be delivered TODAY between 4-5. They'll TRY to call me with 30 minutes notice before delivery, if they remember. I am having some difficulty to even.

#GRRRRRRR

Additional comments:

They did call, and they did deliver. At 5:30. So, more than 24 hours late. Thanks, Robert Trucking.

I am grouchy today but seriously....when your neighbour's requires a microphone and loudspeaker for a party!!! Come on! It's 10am and they are doing a sound check.

• Like 2

Taking a vehicle in for a scheduled appointment only to learn that the necessary parts needed to repair it weren't received and they did not take time to phone you and reschedule - not the best start to one's day!

• Like 2

Plumbing problems. Old parts and trying to find stock. Don't want to renovate, just fix a leaking faucet.
"Excuse me, ma'am. I'm here to fix your pipes."

#bowchickabowwow

• Like 2

Taking 2 weeks vacation during the most beautiful time in the summer, and doing nothing but re-organize, re-stack, build, clean, and work on the house. I guess this will probably make us happier in the long run because we've been living in a pile of unopened boxes for 8 years. With getting the garage rewired, I now have a starting point to work from to clean out there as well. Then I can move all my powered tools out of the basement again.

#sigh

• Like 1