Signing off from CERB...

Hey Folks,

Just wanted to say a few words here. It's with a heavy heart and deep reflection, have decided to sign off from CERB. As for reasons, suffice it to say MOD & I have differences of opinion and since this is his sand box, I have to leave.

I've had a wonderful time here and met many friends both on line and in person. CERB is a great community and I wish each and every one well.

I going to miss this tremendously,

Good night & take care,

G11

Guest W***ledi*Time

G11 - Sorry to hear that you're considering leaving us. I for one - and I know many of us - have greatly appreciated and enjoyed your participation here.

I hope you'll reconsider -but that's of course for you to decide. I certainly respect whatever decision you have made, or will make. If you are truly signing off, I'd like to say: Thanks for everything, and I wish you all the best.

Cheers, Wrinkled

Gent11

I can't comment about your differences with Mod as I think none of that has been discussed publicly but I suggest you reconsider not only because you will be missed but because IMO this is one of the most respectful forums I have known of in this industry, in fact the only one I participate in.

Differences of opinion is something we deal with everyday in our personal & professional lives but I think as long as handled with respect and maturity it can be bearable. I believe many here including myself at a point have disagreed with something mod does or says and again it can be said and even discussed with him as long as done with respect.

In the end as I was actually recently discussing with someone he might be doing something right where this remains a positive community in many aspects. So G11 I invite you to put all in a balance and think if you can let those 'differences' go and in return be part of a community where you can discuss different topics, learn from them, contribute and of course do something you enjoy (meeting ladies) in a safe way.

I hope you do stay but if you find at this moment cerb is not the place for you. I wish you all the best!!

• Like 7

Guest ***t***iv***
Gent11

I can't comment about your differences with Mod as I think none of that has been discussed publicly but I suggest you reconsider not only because you will be missed but because IMO this is one of the most respectful forums I have known of in this industry, in fact the only one I participate in.

Differences of opinion is something we deal with everyday in our personal & professional lives but I think as long as handled with respect and maturity it can be bearable. I believe many here including myself at a point have disagreed with something mod does or says and again it can be said and even discussed with him as long as done with respect.

In the end as I was actually recently discussing with someone he might be doing something right where this remains a positive community in many aspects. So G11 I invite you to put all in a balance and think if you can let those 'differences' go and in return be part of a community where you can discuss different topics, learn from them, contribute and of course do something you enjoy (meeting ladies) in a safe way.

I hope you do stay but if you find at this moment cerb is not the place for you. I wish you all the best!!

Dear Isabella Gia,

I love your name btw, it flows so nicely off the tongue, even in thought it sounds good!

Just want to say that I really enjoy reading your posts.

You always make a strong point and play devil's advocate really well; I admire that!

Suffice it to say, I too, agree with you 100% about this site and hope the Gentleman chooses to stay!

CERB on!

GM 11. One of the features that appears to be special about Cerb is the manner in which it allows such open and free communication while at the same time is moderated to ensure that mutual respect between members is maintained.

For each of us we make our own informed decisions regarding participation, what form that participation will be and to what degree.

It is the varied nature of the contributions in the forums that takes our interest and provides opportunity to learn more about the industry, and ourselves.

At one point I made exactly the same choice as you made, though I am confident for a very different reason, but it took only a very short period of time for me to realize that it was the wrong decision for me at that time.

Whatever you decide to do, best wishes, but it would be nice to continue to see your contributions here continue.

• Like 9

hey man!! shake it off; you joined I'm sure like the rest of us because of the beautiful women on here, NOT THE MOD!! Stay for the girls!!!

Guest tr*****e

Well it'll be sad not having one of our more-often upbeat members not around any more. G11, I don't know specifically what prompted you to make that decision to step out of this ring, but I wish you the best of fortune in your journey. And should you ever decide that you miss our company enough to return, we'll welcome you with open arms!!

Take a deep breath, and think. Leave your profile in place but take a little time off, lurk for a while. After a bit if you're still of the same mind go ahead, but you might find that with a some time to reconsider you're ready to resume your activities.

That said, the mod is the law here. This is a commercial site and has certain rules, but it still allows the members a considerable amount of latitude to express yourself.

Good luck, and hope you hang around.

• Like 3

G11 was nice to have met you at the last social but i'll say like was said in an other post take some time away from cerb it's not like u have to chat with MOD every day i'm sure there are lots out there that don't agree with mod on stuff but we have to go along with him he runs cerb so he's the BOSS

Gentleman11, I thought for long and hard whether to post anything as I believe this is your personal decision. At the end I decided to post briefly.

Mod is fair and neutral and there are certain rules he has to enforce. That is his job. For cerb to remain what it is, that is a civil respectful friendly society with large number of members and a variety of views and ideas to coexist, he has to remain fair and neutral and enforce those rules strickly. In doing so, sometimes he may become unpopular with some members but that is the price that he gladly pays.

You will never find another board so civil and caring. I quit terb 1.5 years ago because the mods there were not in my view enforcing the rules. I found that board distasteful. I was hurt to read hurtful reviews against some ladies who were trying to make a living in these difficult times (remember I said hurtful reviews on terb and plenty not fair reviews or even negative reviews) and personal attacks and pimp-like lies and attacks by certain agencies and members on other members. I am sure that I speak for the majority to say that WE DO NOT WISH TO SEE CERB LIKE THAT. And we accept the rules and do our best to obey by them and if we break them we will be suspended or even banned as we have seen recently very popular members have been suspended. It is a fair board and rules applies equally to everyone.

I have been suspended too and on one occasion I was exactly where you are now. I emailed mod asking him to remove my handle from cerb. In his fairness and integrity he did not do that. He suspended me for two weeks and told me if after two weeks I still wanted out he will grant my wish. In those two weeks my mind cooled off and I realize what I said above that he was right to suspend me and he is doing his job (and he is doing a great job in my view) to keep cerb the place that it is now. A very friendly family like, caring, respectful civil society. I hope you reconsider your decision. Ask mod for a couple of weeks to think about it instead of making a rush decision but the decision is entirely yours and if my comments in any way offends you, I apologize in advance.

Best Regards and good luck in making a right decision,

• Like 5

Mirroring everything else that has been said...

There are times when you need to step away, re-evaluate and then make a decision. The benefits of CERB far outweigh any negative, especially from the perspective of the hobbyist.

Myself, I feel I am one of the luckiest guys ever for discovering this place - not only for the smiles it brings me online, but from the wonderful friendships made and fantastic people I have met as a result of CERB.

MOD has a tough job... there are times when each and every one of us has a thought that runs in diametric opposition to the rules of the site... but as said before, the negatives are minuscule when compared to the benefits... that feeling of community. Keeping thousands of people happy sometimes means that a few of us aren't from time to time.

Anyhow... if you step away, keep the options open. We will hold your seat!

Yes you will be missed. I for one enjoyed your contributions to the board on many disscusions. But you know your comfort level, I just hope a safe and fullfilling journey. It is shame I never had the pleasure of meeting you, but almost feel as though I have in a way. Take of yourself, find peace and happiness:)

Gent11

Wouldn't it be sooo boring if we all agreed on everything.

The nice thing about this place ,is that we can revel in each other's differences,stick to or own opinions, no matter what, disagree/agree with whoever we like, and generally have fun with each other. 'Cause that is what this place is about : FUN.

SO chill out relax , think about the two rules that are most important.

#1.The mod is always right.

#2.Didn't you read #1 ?

Guest ***t***iv***

I do! (sort of) only because I find that healthy forms of expressing conflict can be fun and exhilarating! And because fights lead to make up sex! ;)

Butt.. I also see your point on the grander scale, etas. If we weren't so fixated on our differences of opinions (which we are and if in doubt, see reality television for more information) and if we focused the same level of energy on our shared beliefs and opinions, think of how much positive change we could potentially be accomplishing. If we agreed, we would become powerful in our beliefs and be able to affect change in the direction of our beliefs because they would be supported more fully within a united front. There would not be any need for politics, because the word itself refers to 'issues resolving conflict' Things would be self-governed successfully, the word would be all hearts and puppydogs. etc, etc.

Butt then again, that's a pretty big IF there to begin with, Dave. And, like my mom always said, 'there's no room for ifs ands or buts' LOL!

Don't jump the gun...stay around for a little while before closing your profile here.

After a little cooling off period and some time to think, you

may want to stay with us. Just my 2 cents.

Best of luck whatever you decide.

Posted via Mobile Device

you asked me how to close your account.. I told you the info was in the faq?

to eveyone else... just for the record i did not ask him to leave. He is being over dramatic here with his post and has some need for the sympothy or attention.

He got all sensitve cause he asked a stupid question that anyone with 140+ posts should not need to ask! and he did not like my reply cause I guess it made him feel like a idiot. (and really it should)

He complained in chat then opened a pm saying he has no idea how to post a new recommendation and is complaning that it is so difficult to do what should be such an easy thing to do.... then he opens a pm to me ranting on ... complaning about how this should not be so difficult ... and expressing his frustrations... (wasting my time as i cant make it much easier then what it is now!

my reply was blunt and basically said that after 140 posts he should not have this difficulty posting a recommndation and he was the first person in all these years to have this difficulty as a big blue button exists at he top on the recommndation page that clearly says "make a new recommndation" (basically I gave him a very short and blunt "its not the site its you" speach) and i even took the time to copy the buttons into the replay PM spelling it out for him (painfully) so I suspect it made him feel a little stupid.

he replies back to me (wasting more of my time) whining that my bluntness hurt his feelings and upset him horribly blah blah blah.... fishing for some appology i think! (by this time i am just done with him and bluntly tell him i dont have any patience for this and i am too busy for this crap) and he is demanding that I be more diplomatic ... he replies back telling me he thinks he wants to close his account cause i am not representing the company well and because i am not being nice to him (fishing for some appology from me or something or maybe just wants to waste more of my time) so my reply was "the info on how to close your account is in the faq area".

so let me be very blunt! i am willing to help and if you dont waste my time i will be glad to help but don't forget that i am the moderator here, my job is not to change diapers, kiss anyones ass or be nice to anyone who needs thier hand held. I am not here to chat with anyone or make friends and i am not here to listen to rants about stupid things from high maintnance or needy people.

....now why did he post this thread?? i think he posted this thread cause he does not want to close the account (obviously) but wants more attention. he wants to complain about me and try to get others to side with him. wants to stir the pot i guess, make drama, get the attention he so needs.... cause ou all touched his heart!

... i suspect its a big F.U to me.... one last attempt to get some attention, tell everone how the mod was not nice to him.... please will someone hold this poor mans hand!

maybe he is just trying to get people to pm him so he can say how the mod is such an ass... my sandbox! lol. grow some thicker skin, don't waste my time and dont ask stupid questions and your feelings wont get hurt! if you waste my time, rant on to me, and ask stupid questions you will not like my reply.

I just want everyone to know i did not ask him to leave but if mr sensitivity would like to close his account he can let me know and i will close it for him. i just dont have patience for the drama and i am not about to tip toe arround so i dont hurt some "over sensitive" persons feelings. If after 140+ posts you cant read a button clearly marked "make a new recommndation" you probably should flush your mputer down a toilet and never touch another electronics device again.

if anyone with 140+ posts feels the need to write me a three paragraph pm complanng about how difficult the site is and how this should be so easy to do!! you will get he same blunt reply!!

Pulling my hair out here!!!

sorry about the rant and the bad spelling (on the ipad)

I always thought in life, there was no such thing as "stupid questions", only "stupid answers".

• Like 3

Mod is completely right, he is too busy to help everyone find everything. That is what the long time members and elite members are for! We are supposed to help each other and not bug mod every 30 seconds.

As a community we are supposed to rely on each other for help and assistance for the easy stuff. Now if someone posted something REALLY bad that requires mods immediate attention then yes, by all means PM him. But if it is just for help/advice it is usually best to PM a member you fell comfortable with.

Just my 2 cents.

To the OP, I agree with everyone here, you need to take some time away and think things through. Especially before it escalates anymore. If you really chose to delete your account then take action at that time.

• Like 2

Guest tr*****e
Mod is completely right, he is too busy to help everyone find everything. That is what the long time members and elite members are for! We are supposed to help each other and not bug mod every 30 seconds.

As a community we are supposed to rely on each other for help and assistance for the easy stuff. Now if someone posted something REALLY bad that requires mods immediate attention then yes, by all means PM him. But if it is just for help/advice it is usually best to PM a member you fell comfortable with.

Just my 2 cents.

To the OP, I agree with everyone here, you need to take some time away and think things through. Especially before it escalates anymore. If you really chose to delete your account then take action at that time.

Well spoken Shortcake!