I remember milk being delivered in Toronto when I was young. It came in glass bottles with cardboard lids and was delivered from a horse drawn wagon. Now that's old

This was gonna be my post. As a kid I remember feeding the horse while the delivery man was taking milk and ice cream into the local convenience store. But we didn't call them convenience stores then.

Your old when two bits was like winning a lottery (lotteries didn't exist) and you could buy a coke, popsicle, and five chocolate 1 cent mini hershey bars.

And it was safe as a child under 10 to go to the store on your own and spend the entire day running around the neighborhood with no concern for anything other than finding your next adventure.

Now you got me started, fuck I am old, lol!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Remember litening to Prince sing the song 1999 and think man that's so far away. Wondering what you will be doing then.

Damn, you know your old when you see the movie Patton on tv, and remember watching it in a theatre when it first came out

Same holds true for the Sean Connery James Bond movies

And it cost 25 cents to get in, and a bag of popcorn 10 cents

RG

You know your old when your memories come back in instalments

Even though not a baseball fan, you can remember when the Montreal Expos played at Jerry Park (I got dragged, yes dragged there as a kid)

RG

You know you are old when....

A TV was furniture.

1950_PHILCO_T1403_12inch_TV.jpg

And every TV had a lamp on top...

vintage-rare-1950s-green-panther-tv-lamp_230585340218.jpg

So you could read the TV guide...

tvguide.jpg

When your dad brought home that first t.v

when there were no seat belts in the car

when there were no expiry dates on food

when you bought gas by the gallon

when the only lawnmower any one had was a "pushmower"

when stewardesses were hot

when you actually had to read and do math "manually" in school

Even though not a baseball fan, you can remember when the Montreal Expos played at Jerry Park (I got dragged, yes dragged there as a kid)

RG

Sorry but Jarry Park. The first and only bat day (full size) was mayhem and noisy in an all metaal stadium.

Posted via Mobile Device

• Like 1

You know your old when not only do you remember the Expo's but you still have a youppi doll!

youppi_i.jpg

RG

Guest S**a*Q

Move aside BetaMax... There's a new kid in town...

The family and I first rented a VCR...

First movie ever watched on the "newest" technology...

Ghostbusters-80s-films-328111_1024_768.jpg

You know you're old when:

- You and your girlfriends would debate over which show was lamer - The Partridge Family or the Brady Bunch

- As a kid you could roam the streets freely with your friends to go trick or treating at Halloween without parents as chaperones

- Crackjack came in a box (not a bag) and there was actually a prize in the box (not some joke on a piece of paper).

- You raced home from school every day to watch the Flintstones that started at noon. When it was over, that was your cue to head back to school.

- Everyone was busy at 6:00 so they could watch Truth or Consequences with Bob Barker with the brown hair.

- Kids birthday parties were just that!! The only parent at a kids birthday party was the birthday kid's mom who served hotdogs or pizza, ice cream and cake. (No parents and $300 outing to cosmic adventure).

- Every teenage girl wanted to get her hair cut like Farrah Fawcett

- Every teenage boy wanted or had a poster of her on his bedroom wall.

farrah-fawcett.jpg

this used to be high end gaming technology:

atari_26001.png

AND

you remember the way restaurants used to have their smoking and non smoking areas situated:

smoking+v+nonsmoking+sides.bmp

- Every teenage boy wanted or had a poster of her on his bedroom wall.

farrah-fawcett.jpg

I had that poster

But my favorite was, and had her on my bedroom wall

images1027993_CherylTiegs_1970.jpg

Mom shook her head at me, dad said I had good taste...mind you what could he say, my first "readings" of Playboy were the ones I stole from his stash

RG

You know you're old when...

- You watch "That 70s Show" and realize you were 17 in 1977 just like the characters on that show.

- You could run in platform shoes

- You saw Cheech and Chong's "Up in Smoke" in the theatre.

- The park and ride at Hunt Club and Uplands Drive was the Airport Drive-In.

- When KFC was Kentucky Fried Chicken and it was finger lickin good then (they cooked the chicken in high pressure fryers that actually made the skin crisp and the meat moist).

- You remember it was big news when Pierre Elliott Trudeau married Margaret Sinclair

- This was considered a modern music system:

stereo-cabinet.jpg

Guest S**a*Q

- Crackjack came in a box (not a bag) and there was actually a prize in the box (not some joke on a piece of paper).

They changed it to the bag as it is easier to throw and receive at baseball games...

Hence the song "Take me out to the ballgame" which makes reference to buying me peanuts and cracker jacks.

The people that hand out the concessions at games normally just launch it, hence the company deciding to put it in bags :) Bags have no corners.

Useless information that is running around in my head.

They changed it to the bag as it is easier to throw and receive at baseball games...

Hence the song "Take me out to the ballgame" which makes reference to buying me peanuts and cracker jacks.

The people that hand out the concessions at games normally just launch it, hence the company deciding to put it in bags :) Bags have no corners.

Useless information that is running around in my head.

I got that, but they got cheap and took away the prize (usually a little cheap useless piece of plastic) but dammit it was the only thing some of us had to look forward to all week when we got our treat.

When a treat was just that! A treat. A box of crackerjack or a bag of chips, a chocolate bar and single bottle of coke or 7-up once a week on Saturday night after supper but ONLY if you were good.

cracker+jack+prizes.jpg

"First you forget names, then you forget faces, then you forget to pull up your zipper and, finally, you forget to pull it down."

George Burns

• You did it while watching the Johnny Carson monologue
  • You adjusted the TV signal using the antenna rotor after changing channels
  • If you weren't home when your phone rang, you missed that call, and didn't care, if it's important, they'll call again.
  • You had to wait 10 minutes for the tubes in the TV to warm up before watching it
  • You remember when the space invaders arcade game came into the malls
  • Your parents didn't need to check your Halloween candy
  • Pong was the high end home gaming system:

See pong in action: http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=LPkUvfL8T1I

Atari-C-100-Pong_www-300x225.jpg

You know your old when the floor gets lower and lower every day, and if you drop a loonie, you just leave it...it's worth a loonie not to have to bend down to pick it up

RG

oooohh... the first car that my parents had that I remember...

a 1956 Dodge Coronet!

Dodge%20Coronet%201956%20Jorgen%20Engman.jpg

with a push button transmission!!! My brother liked the reverse one, he pried it off as a 4 year old... AND LOST IT!

1955-1956-dodge-la-femme-19.jpg

Before Charlie's Angels was a movie, it was a tv series

tumblr_ldo6guuXJZ1qbok2eo1_500.jpg

and the best Charlie's Angels episode, Angels In Chains ah, fond memories

2j1rd52.jpg

RG

You remember David Hasselhoff before he started referring to himself as "The Hoff."

hoff-knight-rider-mustang.jpg

Saturday morning still had cartoons:

NBC_Saturday_Morning_Smurfs_1983.jpg

Guest W***ledi*Time

.. when your most unshakable and enduring mental image of a madam is that of Amanda Blake in the role of Miss Kitty, proprietress of the Long Branch Saloon, a bordello that existed "at the law's discretion" (i.e. under Marshall Dillon's *ahem* approving eye) in Dodge City, Kansas on the most-watched show on television ...Gunsmoke!

blake_amanda2.jpg

kittyCheesecake.jpg