highlights of the day

The front side of my old barn or outbuilding I guess, what was the worst side, has now been scraped and this afternoon I have the last coat of paint done on the shingles and on the green trim. It looks excellent. I guess I have three more sides to go!

And - just picked my first corn out of my garden for supper!

Edited by mrrnice2

The very first hobbyist I ever had thre pleasure to spend time with was from out of town. I figured I would never see him again as he rarely gets to Ottawa. Well, yesterday he contacted me and requested that we spend time together today. He remembered that we first met on August 18th 2009! What a nice third year anniversary gift!

Being in the position not only to pay mom's minimum card payment (see things that suck) on her credit card bill, but I was able to pay most of the balance on the card off for her

You only have one mom, and what was a major expense for her being on a pension was relatively minor for me since I still am employed

RG

• Like 2

Going wild camping for 3 days...it's awesome. Especially when you don'T shower...at first you feel like a Cavern woman, one with the nature, after that you don't even smell your own body smell...thought on the way back home...the only thing you can think of is taking a shower. You need it badly. Your hair smell like bugspray, your skin old sunscreen, your crotch has a smell of old sock....and then the shower arrive. The bar soap become a bit darker, you use half of your shampoo...and you feel human.

I <3 camping and the shower that come afterwards.

• Like 2

I'm a story teller and yesterday I found out that one of my stories was told in Spanish in Argentina 4 times last week by a teller who heard me tell it here in Ottawa. It's not even written down and that was only the second time that I'd told it. :D

• Like 1

A mosquito landed on my wife's ass. Easiest. Decision. Ever.

Further updates will probably be in the "things that suck" thread :)

Having successfully had a birthday celebration that includes friends and family without feeling the need to commit murder. Well not many thoughts...yay for me!

Edited by stevecurious
  • Like 2

Realizing that I'm surrounded by people who love and care about me on a daily basis, and I'm blessed with a roof over my head, food in my belly, and a lot of extra time for fun!

[that is... until school starts in September!]

• Like 1

Well I just lost the whole afternoon listening to slam poetry.

It was more than worth it.

so many talents out there...

This is when I am happy youtube exist.

Guest N***he**Ont**y

I spent the afternoon at the local Strip Club Solid Gold! Wow! Some lovely ladies in town working! I have to get back into the habit of visiting more often!

Today I had a day entirely free, one of my partners and I drove out to Pinhey's Point historic area and toured round the house and grounds, then we drove to Quyon and took the ferry across the river and wandered around Norway Bay and then the old Bristol mine site. We drove back to Ottawa and had a late lunch and then shopped for motorcycles. We met up with my other partner and all had dinner together and ate ice cream cones while watching the sun set. I spent time with the two people that I love the most today and it was easy and relaxed. I'm happy to my core, it was a good day.

• Like 1