highlights of the day

Finding my unlocked helmet still on my bike after the downtown Halifax social.Therefore, I didn't have to get a motel room for the night and buy a new helmet this morning to get back home!

Despite the fact that this is a nasty wet day with wild winds beating my flowers down, it's been just a very good day.

I got caught up with some emails, have the house cleaned up again for the next round of company, I finished book two of the Hunger Games trilogy, have the plans made for Canada Day weekend when my daughters will be home, ordered the lobster from a fisherman friend.

All in all just a good day with a feeling of being totally relaxed.

Getting my gym bag back today. Someone stole it out of my car in a park where I run. This happened over two weeks ago and a park worker found it in a garbage can.

He looked inside and found my gym membership card, then phoned the gym I work out at.

Everything that I had packed was still in the bag including a necklace my father gave me very shortly before he died.

Yes I am very, very happy!

• Like 5

Well it is a beautiful day, not too humid......I am surrounded at work by the canola fields in full yellow bloom and wheat fields starting to head out.....very scenic.....I almost hit a moose but MISSED it ... this is a highlight :)

It is Wednesday and I wanna hump !! Any ladies wanna hump in a canola field ;) lol

Windows open, cool breeze wafting thru the house, the smell of fresh laundry (Downy Un-touchables is awesome!!!), the feel of a shiny clean floor beneath my feet and now off to tackle the yard.

Waking up early and drinking my tea while I catch up on some e-mails. Also, my dog Markus was dreaming and making really interesting sounds which was entertaining!

• Like 2

I went to visit a "Special Friend" in the hospital, nothing to serious and I brought him some candies and goodies that he loves but he wanted to be naughty hehehe when the nurse left, so I gave him some "special" attention.

To my surprise he had already gone down to the gift shop and bought a card and a special gift and had my donation ready, just in case. Naughty wonderful man. He is being released Friday!!

• Like 3

When I seen an act of kindness at the grocery store. A young gentleman helped a lady with her bags to the car! There is nothing I like more than people helping other people.

This is more a highlight of the month to come. PEI being PEI, company is the norm through the summer. I have already had visitors and it starts again today. Friends will be here along with my daughters, my sister and her husband, and I pretty well know that I have only a few free days between now and the end of July.

More than one person has said I should open a B&B, and actually that has sort of a nice feel to it. How about a CERB friendly B&B on my Island? :)

• Like 4

I should clearly be training for a triathlon, because yesterday I ran, swam, and biked for hours. And as soon as I finish these oats I'm going to go do it again. Ah! It's a good day to be alive.

• Like 3

Guest N***he**Ont**y

The best part of the day is having Sushi amd Stella Artois to unwind after a very frustrating day.

I guess I would say this is the highlight of my night. I'm sitting in my backyard with the fire pit going, a blanket, a corona and my laptop. It's smells so nice and it's so peaceful. Feels almost like I'm camping.

• Like 1

Spending time with Angela, taking her to a few favorite spots in Fredericton:) Roof top patio, walk along STJ River....Finally some sun!! Poor girl must think the sun doesnt shine in NB...lol:)

• Like 2

I almost kissed the gate agent that just handed me a bunch of boarding passes.

I can't even find any food here that I really like so the jets will be spooling up in less than an hour to begin the long journey home. It's a milk run but I'll take it!

Yes! Here is it early Saturday morning (by my biological clock, never did adjust) and yes, Tuesday I will be home!

Only advantage to the milk run, the flight attendants don't know that they gave you a double on the previous flight so maybe spend most of the next two days mostly sleeping at cruse altitude.

Spending time with Angela, taking her to a few favorite spots in Fredericton:) Roof top patio, walk along STJ River....Finally some sun!! Poor girl must think the sun doesnt shine in NB...lol:)

Oops have lot of fun ladies, cheers to both of you!!

• Like 1

Just got home from a ten day road trip. Attended the Halifax social, a side trip to PEI to visit with MrNice, and then to Toronto to see my son off for a job in the Middle East.

It's going to be so nice to lay my head down in my own bed tonight.

• Like 2

Picked up an injured bird from my backyard. Put it on my palm gently, nursed it for about 1/2 hr. - it then opened its eyes, looked around curiously and flew away chirping at the same time.