highlights of the day

Actually this happened Friday..Receiving an unexpected Birthday treat of six cupcakes decorated for St Pat's day from a very, very, very, dear friend and lovely lady....

Guest T*rb***k

I went for a long walk today on what feels like the first sunny day in months! Felt great!

My highlight started off more like "Things that Suck", but ended up alright. Saint Patrick's day began with my SO giving me the news that our lap top refused to turn on. "Good morning to you," I said. I tried a few things with no result. So it was off to the Geek Squad with my trusty lap top under my arm. I had visions of shelling out a few hundred bucks to repair or replace the computer. I also had visions of loosing some valuable data!

Turns out the lap top was stuck in sleep mode and with a little Geek Squad jiggery pokery the beast was up and running again. No charge, no problem. The rest of the day was pure gravy.

• Like 1

My business portion of my trip to Toronto and Ontario was more successful than I could have imagined. :) I have been home less than a week and I agreed in terms to 3 jobs, hopefully delayed a couple and turned 2 down due to absolute lack of time. So I may be back sooner than expected ..............

I am still smiling from my R & R portion of the TO/Ottawa journey !! Awesome times....awesome people !!

and my third highlight is when I was about to lose it cause there was no cheese whiz in my fridge just now....there was a brand new jar in the cupboard I forgot about that saved the day :)

• Like 1

Like emiafish my day started down a "things that suck" road. I woke up and was completely plugged up with what I thought was a head cold. All I was thinking was, "this is totally going to f----k up my my plans with a couple of beautiful SP's later this week (I was really crooked I mean really not fit to look at). After I got out of the shower I was starting to feel a little better and as I started to pull on my clothes the GD dog crawled out from in under the bed. He'd slept there all night and I'm allergic.

So finding out I wasn't really sick and my playtime wasn't ruined after all is my highlight.

Meeting a guy today for the second time who is obviously "right up my alley." I won't say more, as I don't want to get sleazy, but suffice to say, it's a blast to meet with someone on the same wavelength.

I love my job!

• Like 1

Yesterday's highlight:

I did my taxes yesterday evening. Why a highlight (i usually would rather stab myself in the leg)? First year i don't have to pay ....

Yesterday's highlight:

I did my taxes yesterday evening. Why a highlight (i usually would rather stab myself in the leg)? First year i don't have to pay ....

What the ???? How the ???? Wait wait wait.....did you forget to claim your income Misteeeeertttttt ???? ha ;)

Shit.... forgot my own highlight being silly :confused0024: silly me.....

So I have a plan.... it's official and a good sound plan...

I am going to quit smoking,... quit drinking, quit having sex, quit hobbying, definitely not use condoms anymore, and cheer for the Ottawa Senators !!!.

Anything in black and blue is the plan......anything in red just ignore it cause I lied ;)

• Like 1

What the ???? How the ???? Wait wait wait.....did you forget to claim your income Misteeeeertttttt ???? ha ;)

Shit.... forgot my own highlight being silly :confused0024: silly me.....

I am going to quit smoking,... quit drinking, quit having sex, quit hobbying, definitely not use condoms anymore, and cheer for the Ottawa Senators !!!.

Anything in black and blue is the plan......anything in red just ignore it cause I lied ;)

Haha!! Must have forgot my baking income. Do they take payment in hugs and kisses??

After years of living in what we call in Ottawa "across the river" and being asked to "drop them and take a deep breath" during tax season, i moved where its better :-p

Good plan, i'll join you in that plan!!

• Like 2

Good plan, i'll join you in that plan!!

Dammit... peer pressure. The PLAN it is!

We didn't set a deadline right?

• Like 1

Guest S**a*Q

Getting to Kingston to find out my charger for my MacBook is dead...

Looking all over and nothing, unless I wanted to take a $40 there and back cab ride across town, which would already add to the $100 cost of a new charger.

Then an amazing person, finds me one, sends me a photo to confirm if it's the one I need and is now dropping it off for me at the hotel...

I heart people who go out of their way for others.

This totally made my week...

Around the world in sixty days. After visiting New Zealand, Australia and the Emirates I arrived home this afternoon and it's going to be good sleeping in my own bed tonight.

• Like 2

Coming back to CERB after a wee respite and feeling the love. Sometimes you need to go away for a bit to realize just how good it feels at home.

• Like 3

Coming back to CERB after a wee respite and feeling the love. Sometimes you need to go away for a bit to realize just how good it feels at home.

Yup ... you are back with a vengeance !! You were indeed missed !

Time to put the signs back up !

images?q=tbn:ANd9GcToh1BJX_0Wgel7kl-LIJmhSZRy-Xc0pv1g7sekn2OqdbK46hAsiQ

• Like 1

For whatever reason, there seem to be lots of posts over the last couple of days from new people who haven't posted much before.

Which is awesome!

• Like 1

Waking up in the early morning when it's still dark and thinking it's about time for the alarm to go off...but then realizing it's earlier than you thought and you've got a couple hours of sleep left (or even better, remembering it's actually your day off!)

Gotta love life's small perks.