highlights of the day

Well to start off the highlights I must describe the month from

Hell. After coming home from an amazing two weeks away with family I discovered that while I was away my oil furnace had self imploded. It shot soot and smoke throughout the entire house and it got into everything - clothes, cupboards, covered furniture drapes and walls and ceilings. At that point it has shut itself off therefore freezing every pipe in my home.

I then managed to come down with my first flu in 20 years despite having had the flu shot as I always do.

Then I found myself scheduled for rather serious surgery out of province.

AND The Habs are in 1st place in that division

So, where are the highlights?

My insurance company is covering the soot damage from the furnace implosion. The estimate is close to $20 K and every single thing is being washed and cleaned and apparently most or all of the interior will be repainted.

Insurance will not cover the many burst pipes because I had the house checked every two days rather than every day. So learn from me and be sure to have your home checked daily if you travel.

My plumbing is now all done and though I had to rip out one ceiling and one wall to access pipes I still got away lucky.

The flu shot must have helped a bit because that flu came and went quickly and was not overly serious.

The surgery was done last week in Halifax and it seems to have gone amazingly well!! I have a two month recovery period so I shall have to learn to be still and quiet and rest. I suppose I can do that. Try it MN2, you might like it!

So a long story but ultimately I will have a clean bill of health and will have my spring cleaning done for me from top to bottom. Whoo Hoooo. :)

Is that ALL ??? Jaysus Man !!! Glad to hear thinks worked out and are tickety boo :) You always see the glass as half full big guy ! Kudos.

ps..... I may have ? added a line to the top part of your post there ? ;) ?

• Like 1

Blackberry recently did a great update to there operating system, and I was really pissed off when my password app wasn't supported. Wrote the developer, and he explained that he was unable to upgrade it to BB10, but he would re publish it as an android app in four or five weeks, which is now supported. Today after three weeks got the upgrade and restored the data from Dropbox.

What a relief, was terrified that I'd have to start over.

Blackberry recently did a great update to there operating system, and I was really pissed off when my password app wasn't supported. Wrote the developer, and he explained that he was unable to upgrade it to BB10, but he would re publish it as an android app in four or five weeks, which is now supported. Today after three weeks got the upgrade and restored the data from Dropbox.

What a relief, was terrified that I'd have to start over.

What password app are you using?

Sent from my Passport using Tapatalk

What password app are you using?

The password app was Vault, it is fairly simple but has a nice clean interface with good encryption, and is backed up to dropbox. If some one tries to access it more than 5 times the data self destructs and you have to recover it from your back up.

You can probably get it the Amazon app store.

The password app was Vault, it is fairly simple but has a nice clean interface with good encryption, and is backed up to dropbox. If some one tries to access it more than 5 times the data self destructs and you have to recover it from your back up.

You can probably get it the Amazon app store.

Ok thanks...

I use Ascendo DataVault it is multi platform I have it on all our devices in the house, BlackBerry, Iphone, Ipad, and they can be synced with my home computer over my WiFi at night.

Well just saw on the news, and a sign Spring is on the way

This weekend

daylight%20savings%20spring%20forward-550x0.jpg

Sunday we get an extra hour of daylight

Now if the temps would rise and the snow go everything would be perfect

RG

It's the little things making it larger than the sums of the parts (and its not over);

-A great morning filled with chuckles with a lady friend i hadn't seen in a while;

-Taking a break from the gym to recover from a week's training;

-Nice weather to be out;

-Going out to a spice shop i know to Re-suply my kitchen cabinets with spices and herbs

-Visiting, after too long, the Atwater Market and got hot sauces;

-Later tonight, out to get a hot coco at Cacao 70.

• Like 4

Went for a walk to enjoy this bright mild sunny Spring day. Says it's +3 out but feels a lot milder

Then back home and having comfort food for lunch...grilled cheese sandwich. One with a sliced tomato and the other one with a onion slice...have to make sure veggies are part of my lunch, oh wait a tomato is really a fruit

RG

• Like 1

Guest D***el B***e

Since there's not much going on today for me, aside from doing my year-end accounting (yes I know, yuckkk), the highlight of my day is writing my 800th posts here.

Guest D***el B***e

Had a wild massage today ... first time with this lady. She blew my socks off. I'm still looking for them!

On this snowy blustery storm day what's better than browsing the Veseys Catalogue. What does it matter if there are 15 feet of snow on my garden!

veseys_zpsrfsjegw4.jpg

• Like 1

Guest D*h******n Da**

Today is a treat-myself day and it has just begun. I'm already in the best mood.. :)

Today there is no snow. There is no wind. The sun is shining. The sky is blue. Its the first day of spring. I know that my tulips are growing right now under all the snow.

One of my kids is coming home today for a few days. :)

It's all good.

• Like 3

I have a spring to my step due to a combo of three hi lights, enjoying the company of Miss Carley Chase on the first day of spring on one of the sunniest days we have had on the Island for quite some time:) Life is good !!!

Edited by Triple HHH
Spelling